Seriously, why does Karma's shield have a lower AP ratio than Janna?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragon Charlz

07-05-2011

I'm just wondering why this is. Karma is OBVIOUSLY lacking right now, and this doesn't help. Karma honestly should at least have a better shield protection wise than Janna. Honestly the mantra blowing up thing is lame, and you most likely are wasting it if you're doing it in a team fight. But I've read that Janna has 0.9 AP ratio and Karma has 0.8, which makes no sense to me because Janna also has an AD boost of 50 at rank 5. Really, why is her AP ratio lower? I wouldn't even care if the damage portion didn't change in AP ratio, who cares. Just make the shield part better, or give it something extra. I would say give it armor and MR, but Orianna has that now... and is a far better champ.

ZigZagJoe

07-05-2011

Because everyone loves janna too much to nerf her, as she really needs.

Lycanblu

07-05-2011

and Karma has 2 AP ratios on it.

Ebonclaw

07-05-2011

Maybe because Karma's is a shield AND a huge AOE nuke? I'm just saying, MAYBE.

Ebonclaw

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZagJoe View Post
Because everyone loves janna too much to nerf her, as she really needs.
Look back at patch notes 12-15 months back, I don't know when, long time ago. Janna was nerfed into the ground, and now is rarely seen compared to her glory days.

Dragon Charlz

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanblu View Post
and Karma has 2 AP ratios on it.
That's ONLY if you mantra it first. She also lacks an ultimate. And you usually end up using mantra's on the fan wave anyways because that is the only way its useful in a team fight. And seriously, who cares about the 2 AP ratios. Janna has AD boost by a flat amount, which is way better than a weak explosion at the cost of a heal. Karma obviously can't AP carry whatsoever, so her support needs to be boosted to make her finally worth picking. Now if the shield always exploded, then yeah, that would totally make sense.

Tha Steelman

07-05-2011

This does bring up a valid point. The problem is that if they make the AoE damage on her E even more powerful, nobody will ever Mantra the other spells. Riot has moved around her power so that, in theory, there are equal situational reasons for each Mantra-ed spell, in order to make her gameplay more dynamic. Buffing the shield means buffing everything else to compensate, which Karma couldn't handle.

Galfureye

07-05-2011

stfu karma's OP

Dragon Charlz

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Steelman View Post
This does bring up a valid point. The problem is that if they make the AoE damage on her E even more powerful, nobody will ever Mantra the other spells. Riot has moved around her power so that, in theory, there are equal situational reasons for each Mantra-ed spell, in order to make her gameplay more dynamic. Buffing the shield means buffing everything else to compensate, which Karma couldn't handle.
Wait a minute, I never said make the AP ratio on her damage any higher, I said the shield. I wouldn't even care if they lowered the damage portion, just help the shield part. Make it not the worst support shield in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galfureye View Post
stfu karma's OP
So OP that when I picked her last week someone said "wow, I haven't seen her in months"

Telitha

07-06-2011

Karma can heal teammates, Janna can't short of a long CD ultimate which they have to stand in to be healed, so Janna gets a stronger absorb instead.