Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Item Shop Redesign / Mockup

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kurvel

07-08-2011

Wow...nice php work man! You pretty much did their job for them along with this idea. At first I was like...what the heck they're all the same till I noticed a hover-over popup then I got wide-eyed with geek envy. I hope they seriously consider these options.

Crow Squid

07-08-2011

It could use a Gold per 5 listing. LOVED the aura tag.

redeux

07-08-2011

So, I tried replying to this thread many hours ago while I was at work but I couldn't login with the server being down. Being home now I can finally replay thanks to cookies.

All I originally wanted to say was "hire this man, Riot". I'm glad they read my mind. Awesome job, I like it overall but my favorite part is definitely the customized favorite items.

Nedicus

07-08-2011

Awesome work! That's some nice Jquery-fu.

While I am not a super experienced player, the only thing I would say could be a neat addition would be to allow players to create their own builds that populates as a dropdown above the "recommended" list. On selection, it could update the current recommended list.

Honestly, from the great work you've done so far, I think that's the natural progression from what you've put together here (as far as being able to add items to the list).

The only thing that would make it more complex programmatically is that it would probably be better to allow players to customize those listed recommendations from outside an active game (otherwise you'll have many players fiddling in-game to get it right vs playing). That said, I suspect they've already got some kind of list in play thus far, so to add some flexibility to it wouldn't be so bad.

DaysGoBy

07-08-2011

Quote:
boourns:
LOL, before the rest of you get too excited, don't interpret my post as a direct job offer despite my enthusiasm for what SweetReinÂ’s put together. We do have a hiring process. However, generally we scout out talented members of the community who take this kind of initiative. We like to hire from the community whenever possible.

@SweetRein saw the e-mail and I sent you a message.

You sent a message? That means it's a done deal and we'll be seeing a new member of Riot, right?

Cazca

07-08-2011

I'd just like to have it where the screen isn't so slow. Like how it slides to the side, i know it's quick, but i want instant. It should be an option. animation or no animation. and i would love to be able to set my own recommended items for my champs.

Odin84gk

07-11-2011

Links are now broken :-(

Ludak021

07-11-2011

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-441-1305274462.jpg

http://www.allthingshon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/xShop_screenshot_600w.jpg

we do not need to invent hot water, it's already invented.

Liuhuparta

07-12-2011

I wanna soo those, but the links are broken.

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

07-12-2011

Quote:
Liuhuparta:
I wanna soo those, but the links are broken.

I ran in to a bit of a domain / host problem (that should be fixed soon ).
I have a backup server for this though!

http://www.pifro.com/projects/itemshop/

There you go.