Item Shop Redesign / Mockup

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kreilian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
I think you should stop working on new versions on your own time and start doing it on Riot company time. If you're interested in coming to work with us, we should talk about it. You can send me your e-mail at this disposa-e-mail: riotboourns@emailthe.net
Nice! Way to go, OP!

hottsoup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Outstanding work, I hope boourns offer was serious. You definitely took initiative and put some good work into something that you would not necessarily get anything back from.

*applause*

KNEEBERER

07-08-2011

GREAT WORK!

These changes would make buying items a breeze. The filters are just the best suggestion, as well as the customization of recommended items.

KusAchtak

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
I think you should stop working on new versions on your own time and start doing it on Riot company time. If you're interested in coming to work with us, we should talk about it. You can send me your e-mail at this disposa-e-mail: riotboourns@emailthe.net
Congrats! Please take him up on his offer OP, as a player and community member i would love seeing someone like you as a rioter, and I'm sure everyone ITT would agree!

nvn

07-08-2011

oh wow... i wish this was in game.. but its going be to hard to add

DaysGoBy

07-08-2011

Great work, it looks awesome!

I prepared a few suggestions for you and Riot, http://i.imgur.com/Cd7TW.jpg

I also wanted to mention, despite this looking like a huge step forward, LoL's item shop is already so good compared to other moba that it literally is my key selling point on enjoying this game above others.

In any case, good luck, SweetRein!

Vorketh

07-08-2011

Congrats to the OP. One last thing I could think to add would be a category in Other for Gold/5 items. Those are important, and exist across multiple categories. Less than necessary though.

Sohcahtoa82

07-08-2011

I don't know if its been suggested yet, but I'd like to have the ability to sell back an item for a 100% refund within 10 seconds or so of buying it. I've had my finger twitch on more than 1 occasion and accidentally bought two pairs of boots. >.<

boourns

UI Designer

07-08-2011
3 of 5 Riot Posts

LOL, before the rest of you get too excited, don't interpret my post as a direct job offer despite my enthusiasm for what SweetRein’s put together. We do have a hiring process. However, generally we scout out talented members of the community who take this kind of initiative. We like to hire from the community whenever possible.

@SweetRein saw the e-mail and I sent you a message.

boourns

UI Designer

07-08-2011
4 of 5 Riot Posts

@Sohcahtoa82 sellback is something we would probably do if we redesigned the shop. I've been burned by that too... stupid buyer's remorse!