Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Item Shop Redesign / Mockup

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uroboros

07-20-2011

Perfectly done. Makes navigation about ten times easier, and building. Now, you kind of have to know exactly what you want, or you'll spend so much time wandering the shop looking in vain for an item. Congrats, and I hope you get the job!

Strxex

07-22-2011

Just needs a search option

RoflMyPancakes

07-22-2011

Quote:
Strxex:
Just needs a search option

It's already there. Click the magnifying glass.

Groovyshoes

07-23-2011

I was just looking through the forums to see if someone had suggested custom "recommended items" when I stumbled upon this. I am humbled.

Have to agree with the red, though. It's a little busy, too many buttons and check boxes. Big improvement from the current UI, though, I'd take it if it was offered to me. Upvoted and bumpitty.

LouJay

Recruiter

07-23-2011

I read your post and saw your mockup, I think it's great. In fact I was going to post similar recommendations but your post is definitely very complete and you went even further with the mockup.

My feedback:

a) Even if for some can be too crowded with the checkboxes, I really really could use this mockup right away without them. The Attack, Magic, Defense and Other filters by themselves are great, I like the idea of having the whole list since the beginning.

b) I would like the ability of navigating and buying using the keyboard, just as a "Counter Strike like" Buy Menu:
i.e. 1. In CS, the number keys are used to swap weapons but if the buy menu is open then their used to navigate through the menu.
i.e. 2. At least the first four filters of the mockup (Attack, Magic, Defense, Other) could be activated by "A,S,D,F" respectively.

Cheers!

ReaIms

07-23-2011

Awesome idea, and good job putting it all together.

Support.

TheÜnForgiven

07-28-2011

bump for a good cause

Froboy5600

07-29-2011

i have another suggestion for your "other" tab, if its implamented....rdy for it...u sure?...gold per five

like philosiphers stone and heart of gold

Boreall

08-15-2011

Bump

Kavlax

08-16-2011

I love this. The shop UI needed some love and I like where you are going with this.
I would love to contribute some ideas. I thought as hard as I could about usability and this is what I came up with:

Speed - cut down my time in the menu
---No fancy transition animations in the shop
Not only is it annoying, but it's 4x annoying on a slower computer

Efficiency - reduce the number of clicks necessary
---No expanding categories
---Category links instead of check boxes
My primary concern with the current interface is all the navigating I have to do. Make the window even larger and squeeze in all the sub-categories, much like you have demonstrated in check box form for your examples (my favorite part, I can see everything at a glance). I don't want to have to expand and then click.

While the filtering you have is interesting, I would prefer a combination of the old buttons in your layout. This way all the sub-categories are at my fingertips and only need "one click" without needing to hit "refresh" or un-checking the last box every time I want a different category. Try buying a sword, philostone, boots, a pot, and a ward all in one go. Reasonable for first back, but requires too many clicks currently, and in your design in my opinion (ignoring recommended item section which is not always appropriate, and using the new customized way would be locally saved and therefore not always set up).

"One click" sell is dangerous
---Miss-clicks happen. I like the current method where I have to select the item and move the mouse to a different button to sell.

Move items between slots in the buy menu
---As opposed to in the button bar where they are tiny and might accidentally get used if you fumble the click.
This seems so intuitive that I still instinctively try to do it. The icons are larger and you can't activate them in the buy menu. It is easy to set off Randuins, Shurelya, and pots when trying to move them between hotkeys.

Again, nice work. Your practical and tangible php mock up really gets the ball rolling.