Some questions on Amumu....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enoy

07-07-2011

How often is he Banned/first picked these days ?
What tanks are usually available ?

Do you like Dodge or Armor runes on him ?

I find stacked Dodge with Ninja Tabi very useful late game as 20% dodge + 10% run speed buff is pretty huge in a team fight, but many feel that the increased damage output of tantrum (armor) helps with jungling the most

Do you have Mana issues when you lack the Blue buff ?
If not , what have you done to combat this successfully ?

I tend to struggle unless I keep tears off or buy a Chalice until late game.

Do you buy AP items ?
If so , Which ones and how early in your build ?

If I need magic resist I like to buy an Abyssal sceptor as my third item after Boots>HoG>Sunfire

Fraser B

07-07-2011

90% of the time he's banned, if he's not, he's usually picked by 1 of the first 3 to choose. I cannot remember many (if any) matches where he's neither banned nor picked. The tanks you'll usually find available these days are Shen (since his nerf), Galio, sometimes Ramm and Taric, as well as your fighter tanks like Malph and Morde

Dodge or armor, I usually go armor, because dodge can be worked around if noticed easier than a massive armor. But this is all personal preference.

As for mana issues, like you say it all depends on how often you use the tears. But tbh, I've found I don't really need to use it until duels to the death against enemy champions or late game. Be very tight with its use and you should be ok.

As for AP items, I always tank him when I get him, and make him stay alive as long as possible while I fire out tears in team battles. I have seen people get AP items with him and play successfully, so down to matter of opinion. Abyssal sceptor works well with tears, and makes him more of a dps instead of tank, which isn't my style, I usually like to get an Aegis to boost the team's survivability. But again, up to you.

m0gX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

I can testify to the fact that, in my short ranked experience, he is almost always banned, and when he isnt, he is used.

0xalis

07-07-2011

He's only banned in low ELO usually..
I prefer flat armor because it's better for jungling.
Mana can be bad without blue, he basically needs it to jungle, but it's not that bad.
Only AP item I'd ever buy would be abyssal, works well with his passive, gives him some damage and makes him tankier.

tumultuoustempus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

Rylai's is a quality AP + tank item for Amumu. It does everything he wants. It shouldn't be the first thing you build on him for sure, but it's a great late game addition.