Alistar help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2infamous

07-04-2011

Last hitting on Alistar is becoming a problem for me. I always get too focused on CCing during the lane phase and never end up racking up the minion kills. Should I max Q quickly to enable better farming? or leave the minion killing to my lane partner?

Machinima

07-04-2011

It depends on the role you want to play with Alistar.

If you are playing support/tank, then leave the cs to your lane partner. You can be behind in cs and even levels and still be effective as a support tank Alistar.

If you are going AP Alistar you need a significant amount of farm and in this case you can take a solo lane where you should focus on cs. I don't play this kind of Alistar so I can't say if maxing Q first is the best.

nachosman

07-05-2011

In the very early lane phase you shouldn't have enough mana to be spamming your skills anyways, and also often the threat of having your pulverize/headbutt combo off cooldown and available is more useful than spamming it.

if you're playing normal games or low-mid elo and are not in an arranged team (or at least an arranged lane-duo), it's usually too much of a gamble to give up all cs to your lane partner (especially if you see that they suck at last hitting anyways).

I open with regrowth+mana pot, and am a big fan of farming heavily with melee attacks to get 830 gold asap (enough for philo stone, boots 1, ward and mana pot). You are just so much more useful after you get those items. After you get 830 gold, THEN you can leave the cs to your greedy lanemate.

Why would you ever NOT max Q first?

2infamous

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachosman View Post
In the very early lane phase you shouldn't have enough mana to be spamming your skills anyways, and also often the threat of having your pulverize/headbutt combo off cooldown and available is more useful than spamming it.

if you're playing normal games or low-mid elo and are not in an arranged team (or at least an arranged lane-duo), it's usually too much of a gamble to give up all cs to your lane partner (especially if you see that they suck at last hitting anyways).

I open with regrowth+mana pot, and am a big fan of farming heavily with melee attacks to get 830 gold asap (enough for philo stone, boots 1, ward and mana pot). You are just so much more useful after you get those items. After you get 830 gold, THEN you can leave the cs to your greedy lanemate.

Why would you ever NOT max Q first?
i love E
I almost always grab spirit visage

nachosman

07-05-2011

yeeeeessssss . . . but e pushes your lane, and one rank of it early should be enough to replenish you and your lanemate from harassment.

levelling Q and W scales up damage, and more importantly, lowers cooldown.