Just a suggestion For fixing Champ is OP Q.Qs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aria Sachou

07-04-2011

I realized that the most of the people who are Q.Qing about champs like vlad, trynd, xin, and morde are people who are of low elo. But High elo players seem to handle them with ease. So maybe this will work. Note this is just a suggestion so I appreciate feedback more then rage. Thanks

Lets take trynd for example . Most Low elo players are terrible against trynd because they don't know how to counter them to a certain degree. They find difficulty in his high damage output and Q.Q But high elo players just go MEH and proceed to own. So maybe this could work:
In low elo games people who use trynd get a cutdown version of him,(damage decrease, ulti duration deceased, etcetc) basically a nerf in the places where the low can't handle. Like a nerf to a point where he is view as up to high elo, but manageable to Low elo. That way he won't be view as OP by the low elo players and as a result, less Q.Q posts, rage, and riot wont nerf him as bad.
BUT in high elo games, players who choose him get the normal/better version, where people are able to handle him and won't Q.Q even if they lose.

IF YOU DON'T WANNA READ MY HUGE PARAGRAPHS PLEASE AT LEAST READ THIS ONE, IT KINDA SUMS UP THE GENERAL IDEA. THANK YOU :
This works kinda like a vacine. By Injecting a cutdown (dead) version of the virus (h1ni, sars, tb etcetc) into your body, your immune system makes antibodies to kill the virus. Your immune system can handle this serious illness. When it finishes killing said virus, it will store the "blueprints" and the left over antibodies for future confontations. This way if you get the the virus, your body will know what to do. Kinda like giving it a headstart (or like fighting ai in LOL) Instead of learning how this virus works when you have it while half dying, your body can fend it off. Granted it will have to work a bit harder cuz this one will bite back, but the general idea and method of counter attack will not change.
By reducing the "OP" (<-not op for veterns) factor in low elo games and reintroducing it in high elo games we can slowly introduce new/not so skilled players into the playstyle of the champs and then learn to counter them slowly. Then when they're in a higher elo, they would have learned more about these "op" champs and be able to counter them.

Note this is just a suggestion I know it may have holes in it like: Pros making new accounts just to pub stomp and feel good about themselves . New players who have a bit more "problem solving skills" then the usual bunch we get on the forums.
So feed back is appreciatied and plz don't rage it makes me Q.Q

Dichtrich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

I dont think your post diserves rage. but i found a huge gap.
if you change any champs stats for low elo players. how they are supposed to play when they get to high elo. they have to discover a new world of champions and strategies.
there is no better teaching than being defeat by one of this champs. im not high elo, and im already tired of hearing people whime about OPness in some champions.
I think all you need to do is learn to play, and read a lot, get to know all the items, so if you see any new characteristic on a champ, you will inmediatly know how to counter it.
any summoner who plays a champion knows their pros and cons.
and this way is the better solution to know how to counter an enemy.

Trynd was my frist champ. and it took me a while to get to handle him, but now when i counter a trynd, i know that if i hear the scream fo the undying rage, i'd better run a bit, or ignite him, or anything.

i hope my english didnt suck too much. and hope i wasnt too rough on my comment, is just my opinion.

Aria Sachou

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichtrich View Post
I dont think your post diserves rage. but i found a huge gap.
if you change any champs stats for low elo players. how they are supposed to play when they get to high elo. they have to discover a new world of champions and strategies.
there is no better teaching than being defeat by one of this champs. im not high elo, and im already tired of hearing people whime about OPness in some champions.
I think all you need to do is learn to play, and read a lot, get to know all the items, so if you see any new characteristic on a champ, you will inmediatly know how to counter it.
any summoner who plays a champion knows their pros and cons.
and this way is the better solution to know how to counter an enemy.

Trynd was my frist champ. and it took me a while to get to handle him, but now when i counter a trynd, i know that if i hear the scream fo the undying rage, i'd better run a bit, or ignite him, or anything.

i hope my english didnt suck too much. and hope i wasnt too rough on my comment, is just my opinion.
No problem, I thank you for your explaination but I'll respond by editing the post with a new paragraph Thanks for your feedback

Aria Sachou

07-04-2011

bump for feedback

AngusSama

07-04-2011

The only fix for QQ is to just not click on any thread entitled "(whoever) is OP". QQ will never die, ignoring it is the only option.

Aria Sachou

07-04-2011

well this should really be titled: how to let new players ease into LOL's steep learning curve

AngusSama

07-04-2011

I personally prefer the old school method of crushing their hopes and dreams until they either quit or learn the curve. To each his own I suppose, but my way is more satisfying.

Aria Sachou

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusSama View Post
I personally prefer the old school method of crushing their hopes and dreams until they either quit or learn the curve. To each his own I suppose, but my way is more satisfying.
But that way we lose player base, but i have to admit it is more fun >: )

Dichtrich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusSama View Post
+1 for the crushing hopes and dreams thing! LOL XD

Aria Sachou

07-09-2011

bump?