Map hacks o.O

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rayzorium

04-12-2010

I had two games today where someone on the other team claimed to have map hacks.

Not "wtf, how'd you know we were there?" "Map hacks, hehe," which is obviously jovial.

More like, "by the way, I have a map hack, have fun getting destroyed."

Normally, I wouldn't think anything of it, because it was my understanding that map hacks aren't even possible in this game because of the way information is sent to players. Obviously they just warded well, but the paranoid part of me wants to think that it's actually possible.

Does anyone know anything about this? Or seen unusually high mention of map hacks recently?

Fritz Lenz

04-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzorium View Post
I had two games today where someone on the other team claimed to have map hacks.

Not "wtf, how'd you know we were there?" "Map hacks, hehe," which is obviously jovial.

More like, "by the way, I have a map hack, have fun getting destroyed."

Normally, I wouldn't think anything of it, because it was my understanding that map hacks aren't even possible in this game because of the way information is sent to players. Obviously they just warded well, but the paranoid part of me wants to think that it's actually possible.

Does anyone know anything about this? Or seen unusually high mention of map hacks recently?
Uber ward is uber.

TheMountainGoat

04-12-2010

according to riot, these kinda of hacks aren't possible because enemy locations are relayed to clients by the server or something

Daykeras

04-12-2010

It's totally possible, unless Riot uses some kind of strange call for location when line of sight to a sever known location champion is seen.

Then again, you could circumvent that by giving your client 100% line of sight everywhere, though I suppose the server probably has a check against that (and if it doesn't, it needs one :P)

Possible, however, does not mean easy or likely. It's much more likely that they warded well or guessed well based on previous known location and minion locations and the like.

Devil May LOL

04-12-2010

^ You are only given your team vision. Your opponent team vision is stored server side.
You can get your opponent vision (aka map hack) by hacking into riot server, but you could face the US court for doing that. So good luck.
And at OP: They warded. You got outplayed. If you ask me "how did you see me" in game I'll just reply I maphacked to piss you off.

Chokolateh

04-12-2010

I use wallhack, whenever my kassadin press R i go right through wall

Al da Bok

04-12-2010

Ashe actually has Aimbot. She NEVER misses any autoattack. EVER ! Or is it called sword of the divine ?

People saying they have wallhack just have a ward, or you were just not as discreet as you thought you were.

Kadzin

04-12-2010

Legit maphacks work
Here are some:
wards
clairvoyance
teemo shrooms
JiaBs
Nidalee Traps
Twisted Fate

The SHP

04-12-2010

line of sight is handled server-side, not client side, so map hacks shouldn't be possible without extreme measures. The first guy probably had a ward/mushroom, sight through an invis or nidalee's trap, or could hear you. The second guy's just trashtalking

servedogg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2010

Like others have said, the client only gets the info on the area they can see. Maphacks in other games work only when a full simulation is run on all the clients simultaneously, which isn't the case for LoL.