[Guide] Fiddlesticks - You have scored an Ace!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

Is there anything wrong with doing the other camps first? Maybe draining the wraith the beating up the mini-wraiths, ditto with the big wolf. That would hit you to level 2 which would give you the extra 200 damage worth of bouncing goodness and +80ish HPs to beat down the golem.

What was that about the golem becoming tougher? How does that work? Every 5 minutes? Or is is based on the highest level player or what?

PerAnon

11-04-2010

With the full knowledge that this is a necro, just wanted to note a couple things here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrondak View Post
Don't get:
Smite - If you know how to jungle you don't need smite. Waste of a summoner spell.
Please don't jungle without Smite. Smite is a large amount of instant damage in the jungle. It means you will clear camps faster. Faster clear = faster leveling. Faster leveling = faster ganks/dragon/whatever. Jungling is not about being able to survive the neutral camps. Jungling is about being as efficient in doing so as you can be, to get 3 characters as overleveled as possible over the 2v2 lane. If you can jungle and keep up without Smite, that means that you would be way ahead of everyone with Smite. Take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrondak View Post
Sorc's Shoes - No. Don't get this item. You will be infected with DPS syndrome if you get this item. 99% of the time Merc's are better. Do not get this item unless you are going up against Master Yi, Sivir, Yi, Tristana, and Yi.

ESPECIALLY with fiddlesticks, you should not get Sorc's shoes. This item is a waste unless your enemy bought magic resist items. Most champions have 30 magic resist, which does not increase with level. Your passive grants -10 MR, so with runes (marks)/masteries/passive, your total magic penetration should be -22. You can go even further, and push a enemy's MR to 0 if you get quintessences/glyphs of magic penetration.

The math: 30 Base Magic Resist
30 MR - 10 = 20 MR (Dread - Passive)
20 * 0.85 = 17 MR (Archaic Knowledge - Talent)
17 - 9 = 8 MR (Magic Penetration Marks)

This means that throughout the whole game, your enemy will only have 8 magic resist. Which means if your enemy didn't buy MR, you wasted 750 gold to get -8 magic penetration. Trash.
Fun fact: Magic Resist Reduction doesn't work the same way as Magic Penetration. Magic Penetration can reduce an enemy's Magic Resist to zero. Magic Resist Reduction can reduce it BELOW zero, granting bonus damage. Also, Magic Penetration has the most effect at low levels of magic resist (this is flat reduction, not Void Staff) - in your example, changing their MR from 8 to 0 would result in a net 7% damage increase.

But of course, your passive is MR Reduction, not Mpen, so it can take them to -10, making them take 10% EXTRA damage from your spells. An 18% DPS increase from Sorc Boots sounds pretty good to me. Add in an Abyssal Scepter (more reduction) and you're in VERY good shape.

Surv1vor

11-04-2010

Can the OP update this guide to include some things for people trying to learn this game and it's champions?

Things that would make this guide better:

Links to the items - Hover over item information
Lists of his spells - Just cut and paste from Champion information
Screenshot of the golem locations - since they are so important to your guide.

Also, seems like the Sorc boots are the best choice, after reading the post above mine.

Khaztr

11-04-2010

Abyssal Scepter should be more than a conditional item IMO

Zarranos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-13-2011

SO I had big dreams to become a great fiddlestick jungler, tried this whole getting golem first thing once... and I couldn't do it one bit.... have things changed enough since the time this guide was posted to prevent getting the golem first off or do I just suck? I'm alittle confused...

D3matt

07-14-2011

Just FYI... Your guide doesn't work at all. Why can't people write guides that dont revolve around level 30 players? Level 30 players shouldn't need guides.