[Guide] Fiddlesticks - You have scored an Ace!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugi View Post
Great guide, but I have a question about the item order. How exactly do you get Zhonya's as the 5th item? You need 3 slots to build it from 3 blasting wands, but by the time you get around to Zhonya's you only have 2 slots available.
you just buy zhoya itself when you have enough gold 3800.
You can skip making bigger items out of small ones if you have enough gold to already buy the bigger item with its combined prices.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2010

Why not RoA first?

Lets Go Home

06-17-2010

Hey, big fan of the guide, it's one of the incredibly few updated fiddlesticks guides.
I have a question about the golem - Do you need to have t3 runes in everything to be able to take him? I'm level 11 and I almost got him, but just barely died. Should I take out the wolves first, and then go to golem at my level?

Lawful

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroParasite View Post
Hey, big fan of the guide, it's one of the incredibly few updated fiddlesticks guides.
I have a question about the golem - Do you need to have t3 runes in everything to be able to take him? I'm level 11 and I almost got him, but just barely died. Should I take out the wolves first, and then go to golem at my level?
No, not really.

You can take him out with tier 1 runes.
Just buy a book and get the correct masteries and a health POT.

Best tactic is to just kill golem first, ignore the minions until he is dead.

3 hits, drain golem, eat potion, keep hitting, drain - repeat till he dies.
Then drain his minions to recover health and back to your line.

Lets Go Home

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
No, not really.

You can take him out with tier 1 runes.
Just buy a book and get the correct masteries and a health POT.

Best tactic is to just kill golem first, ignore the minions until he is dead.

3 hits, drain golem, eat potion, keep hitting, drain - repeat till he dies.
Then drain his minions to recover health and back to your line.
all right, thanks.

Eberzelius

Recruiter

06-25-2010

Forget the health pot. Never buy them - you have a drain. With a mana pot you'll drain WAY more HP than what youll gain with a pot.

Drain build is allright, btw. Fear is going to give you half the time of a drain free, for the rest the dude will or run away, or use something to stop it. Anyway it's totally worthy, with your ult that's what I call a free kill.

PS: If you're going to use a dark wind build, use another champion, this one isn't for you =/

Lets Go Home

06-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberzelius View Post
Forget the health pot. Never buy them - you have a drain. With a mana pot you'll drain WAY more HP than what youll gain with a pot.

Drain build is allright, btw. Fear is going to give you half the time of a drain free, for the rest the dude will or run away, or use something to stop it. Anyway it's totally worthy, with your ult that's what I call a free kill.

PS: If you're going to use a dark wind build, use another champion, this one isn't for you =/
In order for drain to be really really good, you have to be practically next to your target. Then fear, then drain. And hope they run.
And this isn't a dark wind build really, it covers everything

Strelkov

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberzelius View Post

Because you know, a team silence and farming ability is so crappy when compared to an interruptable single target channeling DoT.

mirite?

Fiddle

07-03-2010

I dislike the build and the drain hate, but it was a good guide. I personally run with a more supportive tankstix build, as I believe his ratios suck and yet I still end up with 9/0/11 at times.
Randiuns 4 second slow > Rylais aoe first proc
I'd also prefer a level three drain over having drain and darkwind, as a constant near 100 damage with a better fear seems better than the luck based darkwind, which at times may not have anyone to bounce off to.
I used to love that spell so much prenerf, but I get more guarantee kills with said leveled drain.

On a note of summoner spells, as anyone knows, its on preferance, and since we usually initiate a fight near their tower, I tend to go for exhaust or ignite rather than ghost for easier early game, and to shut down carries or other troublesome characters faster. Randiuns covers their ability to get away at the start as your team procedes to beat them down, and if anyone trys to get away, simply fear or let them be. I'm usually focused every single time, which is good since I have 200+ armor and mr near lategame.

Which means, I still have the golem buff after revival, and I quickly get my health back, as by the time I respawn, the battle is over, or I ulti in after they use all their cc on me, it depends on match ups.

Wonton55

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroParasite View Post
Same problem here. I'm level 20, with 6 Tier 3 Magic Pen marks, and I STILL can't kill Golem consistently (probably tried it 10 times in a row in practice games now). 3 hits, Drain, potion, Drain, and in the wait for my third drain, I usually die. If I don't die, I'm at 15 health, and once I've drained the golem to death, the lizards finish me. :\