[Guide] Fiddlesticks - You have scored an Ace!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OLI HC

04-13-2010

no matter what, abyssal scepter is a must on fiddle

PhoenixBomb

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLI HC View Post
no matter what, abyssal scepter is a must on fiddle
Wrong. There are plenty of reasons to get a different item, or at least put off getting Abyssal. Abyssal should only be purchased if...

1.) There are at least two other casters besides you, or people drawing heavily from ability damage.

2.) You already have another item providing you health.

3.) You are in actual need of further reduction.

You pay a massive amount for the 20 MR aura; there has to be the potential to take advantage of it. You don't buy a BC if there aren't other physical dps, or a Starks (this is sometimes less true). Also, the MR is nice, but without an item providing health to compliment it, you're not that much better off. A BV is superior in this sense. Then consider masteries + MPen Runes + Mpen gear, and ask yourself if the extra 20 will even go to use (especially if you're one of two casters on your team).

Lyrondak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2010

Negative MR:
It's impossible to reduce someone's MR to the negative by yourself. You would need either Karthas, Evelynn, Amumu, or Soraka (lol) on your team to make that work. If someone does have -MR though, it does increase their damage taken (try fighting neutral creeps for example). You should just try to reduce opponent's MR to 0; dont try to get it to negative. Reduction is calculated before penetration, so you would need more reduction items than your opponents MR (currently only your passive + Abyssal Scepter can do this). This would void the effectiveness of all your penetration items (runes, sorc shoes, haunting guise) since penetration cannot reduce below 0.

Abyssal Scepter:
This does make a great 6th item but I wouldn't say it's a *must* have. It's probably the best item for additional damage and it adds magic defense as well. It's kind of like the stark's for casters. If your team has a lot of casters, it's good because you can benefit them all with it + your passive for -30 MR. But again there are things to consider. If someone on your team already has one, it's probably not as awesome for you to get it. If anyone on your team should have one, it should definitely be you though because of your passive. There's also the MR boost that's situational. If the deadliest players on the opposing team are not casters, and you're getting owned by their physical damage, maybe you should get a diff item. And lastly, if they do not get any form of MR, you are nullifying the effectiveness of your penetration runes. But still good for your teammates (assuming they don't have penetration).

IS186afbf367d955

04-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrondak View Post
RoA sucks. It's overshadowed by Rylai's. You'd rather build a banshee's with the catalyst. Mejai's isn't risky if they can't kill you. You should be building Merc's > Banshee's > Rylai's. You'll probably be a better tank than your team's tank because you can actually kill people and earn money faster. The snowballing effect will occur, and then you will get AP very very fast.
Well I really like having the catalyst early game. Yes Banshee's veil is bringing that too but I don't feel like I need that much of protection early game, because this is usually the part of the game where I can solo any two full life enemies and where I can be anywhere (base, jungling, going to help a mate, beside a wall, in a bush) when I'm MIA. So I could also go for the rylai instead but it doesn't need a catalyst so there is no way i'm getting that early game too. RoA is a good compromise between those two items. It's also important to have some mana because you'll never need to recall ONLY for getting some health anymore.

I've now a quite good experience with fiddle and I found out that even with a silencer team I rarely get silenced except when I'm defending my base with no morgana in my team to shield me (in this case I'll get silenced almost every time without a banshee).

So in the end I only need a banshee's veil in 1/4 of my games (I also get it against heavy casters team), that's just too low to take it as a prevention item every games and especially to get it so soon. But I agree this is a very important item for fiddle, you can go from useless to useful with it.

The other part where I differ it's about the glyph runes. I took them in MPen so I'm putting any char with 30 MR to 0 instead of 5 with Cd reduction runes. I've been thinking a lot about this and I think both are good choices. Since fiddle's ulti is a tricky powerful poney I found out that I usually prefer to wait a bit to find the best situation instead of launching it as soon as it's available. Late game you're usually already at the 40% cap so those runes don't help there while MPen glyphs will make you do probably between 100 to 150 more damage.

Last thing you should really try is to solo golem lane with an elixir and then use your ulti as soon as you hit level 6. You'll kill them both 90% of the time. The best thing is to be with a jungler, so when you're ulti is off cd you ask him to come back to secure the kills (even if usually you really don't need his help). I often make believe that I'm recalling 10s before or sometimes i just say brb or shop in /all

(Just to let you know, my currents stats for fiddle are: 100W/55L, 1500/420/1450 )

Lyrondak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2010

You need CDR runes to get 40% cap unless you get CDR items. The idea is to get 6% from runes, 9% from masteries, and 25% from golem buff. Another way around it is to get 20 Mejai's stacks (15%) then use a blue elixir (10%).

Also, CDR is only affected at the time of cast. If a spell is already cooling down, getting more CDR at that time won't make it cooldown faster. So to maximize the effects of CDR try to use elixir or get golem buff before you crowstorm.

Kyratae

04-25-2010

Quote:
No, it does add bonus damage. The problem is that it's pretty much impossible to send someone into negative MR because only REDUCTION stats can do this, not PENETRATION. And reduction is applied first.

So if you were a Fiddle with Abyssal Staff and hitting someone that had walked through Karthus's wall, and they only had like 30MR, they would have negative and you would do bonus damage. But that's about it.
I have had magic resist go as far as -100 as soraka.. (Starfall)

So it isnt impossible..

Lyrondak

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyratae View Post
I have had magic resist go as far as -100 as soraka.. (Starfall)

So it isnt impossible..
He's saying it's impossible to get -MR with just fiddlesticks alone. You need the help of teammates to do it.

Rugi

05-23-2010

Great guide, but I have a question about the item order. How exactly do you get Zhonya's as the 5th item? You need 3 slots to build it from 3 blasting wands, but by the time you get around to Zhonya's you only have 2 slots available.

Strelkov

05-24-2010

Let me just say: Thank you good sir, for this guide. I've always liked Fiddle's playstyle, but I could never find an item formula, and I could never think of a good skill order. I always was in a lane as well. Ever since I started following this guide, I haven't lost a game with him. I used to go 0/9/2 with him, now I go 8/3/4 or 6/1/18. THANK YOU SO MUCH <3

WhosYourDaddy98

05-25-2010

Remember: you do 0 damage when you are dead.

hehe not if ur karthus :P
great guide btw