[Guide] Fiddlesticks - You have scored an Ace!

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyrondak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epok2 View Post
I think the RoA is a must have with fiddle and starting with a mejai is a bit risky since you still don't know if you'll be able to fill it.
RoA sucks. It's overshadowed by Rylai's. You'd rather build a banshee's with the catalyst. Mejai's isn't risky if they can't kill you. You should be building Merc's > Banshee's > Rylai's. You'll probably be a better tank than your team's tank because you can actually kill people and earn money faster. The snowballing effect will occur, and then you will get AP very very fast.

Lyrondak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzymethx View Post
what happens if people want to gank u in early when u try golem?
Hang out around a tower to give the illusion that you are laning. You don't need to get to the golem until 1:55 (25 secs after minions spawn). This usually stops all jungle interrupting attempts. You should be map aware while your jungling. Constantly keep an eye out on enemies and see if your teammates need help. What else would you do anyway while you're channeling that 6 second drain ? If they do try to gank your jungle, you should be able to see it from a mile away since you had your eye on the map.

RobMorrison

04-13-2010

great guide. i couldnt have explained how to play fiddles any better myself.

Trazer

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzymethx View Post
what happens if people want to gank u in early when u try golem?
I know i ask the person mid to hang out in the grass near the river and the person in the side lane to do the same. They can both watch the entrances for me to see if someone comes.

If there is a twitch or eve on the team i buy a ward and brilliance potion and set it up the same way. This way, not only do i see the inviser..but i am actually MORE powerful and can kill them. (most invisers will come before the golem even spawns. If they send 1 inviser after ive started golem then i prob lose out on golem..but i do always take ghost to make sure i get away (and can chase people down when ult is going)

Then again...i almost never play w/o at least 2 partners. In a Pub this may be harder to do..but really..asking people to watch the river isnt exactly hard to do.

Trazer

04-13-2010

In fact..if they OTHER team has a warwick i tend to go kill their golem first because most warwicks it seems start jungling on the other side of the arena =) (wow that pisses them off haha)

I tend to do pretty well with fiddle. My record over the last 10 games is 77 kills 37 deaths (didnt count up my assists though..ill check that later.

Lyrondak

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epok2 View Post
Another thing, fiddlesticks' aura lower of 10 and not 16 the magic resist of nearby enemies.
Just tested it, it is 10 but the tooltip says its 16. My opinion on sorc's shoes still stands though. It's still only half effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerlegen View Post
zhonya's multiplier effect is unique.
You're right. I didn't realize that the 25% more AP is unique (games never last that long to test it). That does make this a bad last item, since you will basically be taxed 1000g just to have 3 blasting wands in 1 slot. A better item would probably be abyssal scepter if you need damage/MR, but it's all situational of course. I'll update the guide.

OLI HC

04-13-2010

magic pen is way better on fiddle dont waste your time trying to get past 300 ap, fiddles scaling sucks, take the most out of what you got instead (grabbing all the magic pen items will probably make you deal bonus damage ( MR in the negative ) to most champions who arent stacking MR) with that said, instead of grabbing tons of ap which will give your spells a tiny boost that will be mitigated anyways get magic pen. hey haunting guise (which i think isnt that good an item) would be just awesome on fiddle

Trazer

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLI HC View Post
magic pen is way better on fiddle dont waste your time trying to get past 300 ap, fiddles scaling sucks, take the most out of what you got instead (grabbing all the magic pen items will probably make you deal bonus damage ( MR in the negative ) to most champions who arent stacking MR)
I dont believe sending someone into negative MR deals bonus damage. It just acts like they hit zero and stop.

I swear ive read this in multiple places but im too busy atm to go lookin for it.

PhoenixBomb

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLI HC View Post
magic pen is way better on fiddle dont waste your time trying to get past 300 ap, fiddles scaling sucks, take the most out of what you got instead (grabbing all the magic pen items will probably make you deal bonus damage ( MR in the negative ) to most champions who arent stacking MR) with that said, instead of grabbing tons of ap which will give your spells a tiny boost that will be mitigated anyways get magic pen. hey haunting guise (which i think isnt that good an item) would be just awesome on fiddle
His point is still valid. If the team isn't stacking any MR, getting sorc boots doesn't do anything. If the team only stacks up to 50 MR, getting HG doesn't do anything.

You need your opponent to have about 80MR to get anything out of a heavy Fiddle MR build. Now with buffs, this IS more common than the OP states, but I think his ultimate point is that the "dps syndrome" nature that most players have leave it more up to circumstance to stack MPen; the norm is that there isn't enough MR to penetrate.

Edit...

Quote:
I dont believe sending someone into negative MR deals bonus damage. It just acts like they hit zero and stop.

I swear ive read this in multiple places but im too busy atm to go lookin for it.
No, it does add bonus damage. The problem is that it's pretty much impossible to send someone into negative MR because only REDUCTION stats can do this, not PENETRATION. And reduction is applied first.

So if you were a Fiddle with Abyssal Staff and hitting someone that had walked through Karthus's wall, and they only had like 30MR, they would have negative and you would do bonus damage. But that's about it.

Trazer

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixBomb View Post
His point is still valid. If the team isn't stacking any MR, getting sorc boots doesn't do anything. If the team only stacks up to 50 MR, getting HG doesn't do anything.

You need your opponent to have about 80MR to get anything out of a heavy Fiddle MR build. Now with buffs, this IS more common than the OP states, but I think his ultimate point is that the "dps syndrome" nature that most players have leave it more up to circumstance to stack MPen; the norm is that there isn't enough MR to penetrate.

Edit...

No, it does add bonus damage. The problem is that it's pretty much impossible to send someone into negative MR because only REDUCTION stats can do this, not PENETRATION. And reduction is applied first.

So if you were a Fiddle with Abyssal Staff and hitting someone that had walked through Karthus's wall, and they only had like 30MR, they would have negative and you would do bonus damage. But that's about it.
Interesting..thank you for clarifying that. =)

123456 ... 7