[Suggestion] Smart-Cast Toggle.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 34
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaXaSA

07-04-2011

1st if you don't know what smart cast is/means try this: pick some champion with a targetable skill or skill shot and hold shift before you hit the skill key (Q W E R)

basically it will automatically cast that spell where your mouse cursor is. it's like Cass, Urgot and Karthus' Q.

(you can also change your key binds in the options to smart cast)

2nd The Suggestion:

add an option to toggle the smart cast.

so you could bind a key / combination of keys and quickly toggle smart cast on/off for each skill separately.

if necessary we could have a button near the skills (right click would work too), something like:

Attachment 213359
Green 'S' = smart cast on
Red 'S' = smart cast off

I'm not sure about the HUD that's just an example, imo it's not that necessary but would be cool and make things a lot easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstone123 View Post
they should just have so if you right click on the spell icon it toggles smart cast on and you right click to turn it off too
i thought about a small area near the 'S' where you could left click to turn on/off smart cast, but your idea would work too

------------

btw found this here other thread about smart cast:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirry View Post
I would much rather have the option to right-click the ability icons to turn on smartcast for that specific ability for the duration of the game, or until disabled again. Could be easily shown by giving the icon a coloured border, or adding a big "S" in the lover right corner when on.

There's champions where you want smartcast on some abilities and not on others. And having to rebind keys at the beginning of every single game is not an acceptable solution.
TL;DR
I want to quickly toggle smart-cast on/off Q W E R (separately) using hotkeys and maybe HUD element/buttons.

if you want this or think that it's a good idea please bump it \o/ , thanks.

-----------
Other Amazing Suggestions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna View Post
I want extra bind options personally.
My dream is cast on release, so I can smart cast, or hold it down longer for the rare times when I want to see a range circle or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL3tscher View Post
also the abilities that are able to be self casted should be able to be double clicked, (per say zilean putting a bomb on himself he'd press Q twice and it'd cast it on himself)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrephel View Post
Smart-cast is a tremendously useful feature, but has the notable downside of not showing the range/zone indicators. What about adding an option where, instead of casting the spell immediately on key press, holding the key would bring up the range indicator and releasing it would cast the spell? A quick tap would have essentially the same effect as a normal smart-cast, while holding the key would let you line up a skillshot or zone precisely without needing to use modifier keys or extra keybindings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercanic View Post
I highly support these suggestions. Smart-cast by default, hold button for range and AOE UI, and double-tap for self-cast.
NEWS (about on hold/release suggestions)
Attachment 335254
Edit: yay riot added this feature. (in-game option)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Red Post(s):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiksy View Post
I'm actually doing the smart-cast change for Rumble's ult, so that when you press the smart-cast key, it marks the beginning of the targeting vector (and shows targeting indicators, of course), and the spell is only cast when you release the key.

This is essential for smart-cast to be actually usable for Rumble's ult. However, I'm not sure if the "press to show range, release to cast" thing should be applied to other spells as well. Right now, all smart casts are triggered by key press events. If we are to change them to be triggered by key release events, it'll be a subtle change that delays your cast for a few frames. Will this ruin the timing in highly competitive situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
I'll see what I can do, I added it to my team's backlog. The first part is already done (range circles on key press, cast on release), but isn't exposed in the options. I got wiksy to make it applicable to all spells. There's a thread in the HUD forum that tells you how to enable it in game.cfg. I want to expose it as an option in the menus, but we've got some other higher priority stuff right now.

Smart cast toggle is a great idea, would like to do it as a right click and show if someone smartcasts by default (Karthus q). Not sure yet if we'll be able to disable smartcasting on spells that have them by default.
Attachment 308573

ninjaipod

07-04-2011

yes please :]

this would be perfect.

Alecyte

07-04-2011

Pretty good idea. I have to turn it off for rumble ult. Cant smartcast that to save my life

IcanTankasTF

07-04-2011

You are dumb right?

If you go to keybindings and replace all the smart casting shift + QWER with just Q, W, E and R, then you can have mouse over casting on only the spells you choose. If I play rumble or a champion where i dont like smartcast on a certain spell, I go into keybindings and put that spell (say it's Q, I'd assign Q) to the regular casting spot, and not the smartcasting spot.

edit; this is all ingame.

Crocodilly

07-04-2011

don't know why this isn't implemented already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanTankasTF View Post
You are dumb right?

If you go to keybindings and replace all the smart casting shift + QWER with just Q, W, E and R, then you can have mouse over casting on only the spells you choose. If I play rumble or a champion where i dont like smartcast on a certain spell, I go into keybindings and put that spell (say it's Q, I'd assign Q) to the regular casting spot, and not the smartcasting spot.

edit; this is all ingame.
Attachment 210941

next time read the thread.

Arthur Crackpot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

I am in full support of this idea.

AntSharK

07-04-2011

I am agreeing.

I personally would make it so numlock toggled smart cast on and off.

CASHEW PEANUT

07-04-2011

omg yes! if this is implemented then I can finally play Jarvan perfectly without having to always switch my key bindings or mess up my E>Q combo just because I was too lazy to switch it.

Smart cast Q and E

Normal cast W and R

grayrest

07-04-2011

You can use ASDF for smart cast and get this behavior today or just rebind the keys you like on a per-game basis.

Nekrogen

07-04-2011

While I like the idea, the number of skills that require you to actually regular cast them is low (aside from a few ultimates, which ones?). It should not be too painstaking to change it in the options if you are playing that individual champ.

On the other hand, if you just prefer regular casting over smartcasting for certain abilities on each champ, then yes, this is a useful and good idea. +1

1234511 ... 34