Defensive version of Guinsoo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Klyern

07-03-2011

We have many similar oposing items, like trinity and lichbane which are similar but oposites, and yet i cant figure out why we dont have an item that stacks defensive statuses, no not like Leviathan i mean temporary stacks that leave after a few seconds, like Guinsoo's stacks

A defensive version of Guinsoo would be nice, one that stacks up like Guinsoo but raises defensive stats.
IE: On attack or spell cast, increases your cooldown reduction by 1% and both armor and magic resistance by 3*. Lasts 5 seconds (stacks up to 8 times).

*3 or 2.5 points would be nice. any less and it might not be worth buying compared to other defensive items.

At 8 stacks you have 8% cdr (not that much not that little) and 20 armor and magic resistance or 24 if its 3 per hit. Not that much, but considering you people give it a low cost like guinso, it might be worth buying on offtanks like alistair etc

So far i havent thought on the permanent stats just on the stack effects. maybe hp and just some ap?

And give it a cost similar to Guinsoo

EDIT: I think im finished thinking its stats.

A helmet

Tarnhelm's Foresight

320 HP 45 AP
Unique Passive: On attack or spell cast, increases your cooldown reduction by 1% and both armor and magic resistance by 3*. Lasts 6 seconds (stacks up to 8 times).

Recipee: Ruby Crystal + Blasting Wand + 650g (final price 1985g)

Diamondragan

Klyern

07-04-2011

I see, but i like my idea better, that item is too op on both accounts, and guinsoo is an item for hibrids, so why would its defensive counterpart be for tanks and not offtanks?

Diamondragan

07-04-2011

I talked about this in the OP of my thread, but it seems ridiculous when you look at two relatively similar items like Chain Vest and Negatron Cloak.

Apart, they're just pure mitigation items, and all pure items have a decent cost/stat ratio.

Now put them together and find someone that doesn't rage over the item being overpowered.

That said, as a newbie I used to buy Guardian Angel a lot. It was like, "Hey, this has good defense and I might die." Still, at the same time I looked at the MR and thought, "That's really low...do I even want to buy this?"

In theory, mages deal less damage over a given period of time than AA DPS champions. Then the AA DPS goes after the mage and gets killed in 1.2 seconds while their 2000 HP drops to zero. The supposed counter to this is MR, which is super ineffective below 200 when fighting against Void Staff and Archaic Knowledge which are not hard to get, mind you.

So instead of, "Mages are weaker if they have to commit," you get Annie and Ryze who will nuke you to death and do it again in a few moments during which the melee opposition is cc'd anyway. Mages complain about cooldowns time and time again but they really don't experience any drawbacks from them.

I suffer from CDs more with Renekton than with Veigar. The metagame is changing, Annie just got "balanced" and mages are coming out on top everywhere. If a mage fails it is only because of their own lack of caution or knowledge/awareness of the enemy.

"Why don't you play mages then if they're so 'OP'?" More IP I don't have, what with the nerfed IP farming capabilities and the fact that I keep losing because people who play casters kite me into oblivion. I don't even have to chase them to die, they just straight up outharass and outdamage anyone else in the game ~ partly due to the itemization in their favor since forever.

Klyern

07-06-2011

Honestly we already have enough defensive items for tanks, but there are only a few "hibrid" items, like atma/sunfire, that give both defensive and offensive status. Plus my item is a cheap item (like Guinsoo) that can be used by both offtanks and tanks. But again why make Guinsoo's defensive counterpart an item for pure builds, and not a hibrid item for hibrids like Guinsoo. You are just riding on Guinsoo's popularity to make a new tank item to satisfy your needs, and you use Guinsoo's name because it stacks the same way, just come up with a different name for your item. And at least realise you are putting an incredibly low price on a high tier item, Guinsoo's Rageblade isnt as op as your "Guinsoo's ragemail" the spirit in which both items are made is different at least. Guinsoo's Rageblade is intended to be cheap viable and accessible, not op, underpriced, and only wearable by tanks like your Ragemail.

<Sorry about the backslash dude but i dont take it well when i see someone suggest something i think is op>

Anyway Guinsoo this Guinsoo that, screw the name im changing my item's name.

Riot: Its like all the pure builds are guetting most of the love, where is the intention you guys had of being fair to hibrids too, when you made items like hextech, and guinsoo?

Well this is an item that can be used by almost anyone, and its an interesting mechanic

You gain cdr each time you gain Guinsoo-like stacks, up to a reasonable limit, and you gain more defense the more you stay in the action too. Honestly this is an item that encourages tanks to actually follow their roles, but that can be used by any archetipe...

Harbringer91

07-07-2011

Wits End gets no love.

Kenfrot

07-07-2011

wits end ^^^ lol i was thinking the same thing, and its actually decent.

BTW, its "HYBRID" stop this "i" **** lol