Runes for Ryze?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iMisc

04-12-2010

Need opinions on the best rune builds for Ryze? Magic pen? Mana per level? What do you guys use?

Yannae

04-12-2010

i take:
Red: Magic Penetration
Yellow: Dodge
Blue: Magic Resistance
Quints: HP flat

but as i built as "tank-"ryze (usually frozen heart + veil) to have some survivability in mid- and lategame, you may find something else interesting for you.
MagicPen. should be the best-in-slot for Marks.

Swampėrt

04-12-2010

If you need runes for Ryze, you're doing it wrong.

Lucidlore

04-13-2010

Magic pen in red - Staple for every nuker
Dodge in yellow - Personal Preference, but dodge seems to be best for this slot
Cdr/level in blue - Cooldown reduction is the only way to go on ryze.
Movespeed quints - Movespeed = best quints in the game, regardless of what hero you play.

oxFangbladexo

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidlore View Post
Magic pen in red - Staple for every nuker
Dodge in yellow - Personal Preference, but dodge seems to be best for this slot
Cdr/level in blue - Cooldown reduction is the only way to go on ryze.
Movespeed quints - Movespeed = best quints in the game, regardless of what hero you play.
someone bought movespeed quints and didnt know that they fail hard.

Hwa Ryun

04-20-2011

Personally, I just go mpen reds and flat mana on everything else. Your q does epic damage at level 1.

Gigawattz

04-20-2011

Magic Pen Marks
Flat Armor Seals (could go mana regen per level or w/e, these are kinda up to you)
Flat HP Quints
Enough Flat CDR Glyphs to give you +3.93% CDR which puts you at 39.93% CDR with Frozen Heart and Level5 Overload. The rest of the Glyphs I got MR per lvl.

The thinking behind Armor Seals is that I run 0/9/21 (strength of spirit) and they stack on top of the extra armor I'm getting, which helps a bit in the early laning phase so you can farm, esp if you have someone like Cait who totally out ranges you and I don't need mana regen because I'm stacking max mana. I'm also not getting the 3% CDR from the Offensive Tree so the Flat CDR Glyphs cover that weakness and get me up to max.

I use this build because I play more passive in the early laning phase and just focus on last hits and punishing the enemy if they move up for harass. Once I get Tear of the Goddess and boots 1 (around level4-5) I start pounding them with overloads and if it's safe to do so, pushing them to turret and continuing (because overload range is awesome). Once you get a few ranks in overload and your Tear it does a ton of damage. Hardly worth the mana to harass with it before then imo.

Pushing your lane is generally not good unless you need to buy or gank but.. it naturally happens when you ream them with Overload because they can't last hit. Should always be aware of that.

Rakaydos

04-20-2011

I use mana regen yellows, mana quints and MR blues, with 9/0/21 masteries- without any CDR runes at all, glacial and Overload gets me to 34%, frozen heart to 39, and when I max out my build I grab a blue elixir for that last 1%.

Best Trolldyr NA

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannae View Post
i take:

but as i built as "tank-"ryze (usually frozen heart + veil) to have some survivability in mid- and lategame, you may find something else interesting for you.
this is what i do aswell and its very viable mid to end game. once you have frozen heart and veil you should have around 65% damage reduced at level 18 with a considerable amount of health if you get the right mana items (with +hp) so hes essentially limited to cooldowns since mana is never a problem late game. magic resist for blue is usually best due to mage carries yellow is all preference, quints is best at hp flat, and red with magic pen + sorcerrers boots is always nice.

Master MacClancy

05-19-2012

Ryze Build Rune Page
MP Red
armor yellow ap/ health
cooldown if u wanna be button mash ryze ap if u wanna be dps ryze
movement quents
boots for first item
ooo da healthpotss
q qq q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q w w q q q q q q q q q q q q q q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannae View Post
i take: