Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best 1 v 1 champ at lvl 1

Akali 10 8.93%
Alistar 3 2.68%
Teemo 5 4.46%
Soraka 4 3.57%
Sona 0 0%
Jax 7 6.25%
Xin Zhao 23 20.54%
Jarvan IV 5 4.46%
Malzahar 2 1.79%
Miss Fortune 1 0.89%
Ashe 4 3.57%
Caitlyn 6 5.36%
Twitch 0 0%
Karthus 1 0.89%
Annie 1 0.89%
Nunu 1 0.89%
Galio 0 0%
Malphite 0 0%
Rammus 1 0.89%
Taric 0 0%
Olaf 6 5.36%
Renekton 2 1.79%
Nasus 4 3.57%
Anivia 4 3.57%
Ezreal 2 1.79%
Brand 0 0%
Irelia 0 0%
Mordekaiser 2 1.79%
Rumble 8 7.14%
Corcki 2 1.79%
Blitzcrank 3 2.68%
Sion 2 1.79%
Pantheon 3 2.68%
Master YI 6 5.36%
Vladamir 0 0%
Vayne 2 1.79%
Kennen 0 0%
Shen 2 1.79%
Casseopea 1 0.89%
Other 22 19.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 112 .

Best 1v1 Champ at lvl 1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhorzhik

07-03-2011

Who at lvl 1 with just lvl 30 masteries and w runes/w.o runes would be the strongest. Multiple answers are accepted.

XxXRazgrizXxX

07-03-2011

Really... I'm not sure. It's WAY too dependent on crit procs, summoner spells, luck, etc.

smheck

07-03-2011

Xin Zhao

Veka

07-03-2011

Why isn't Shaco on there -_- he has the element of SHABAM!!! I always get FB with him :x

Edit: but thats maybe because of my runes

Diamondragan

07-03-2011

Corki has the, arguably, highest possible DPS of any champion at level 1 due to his passive.

21/9/0 for Havoc and mild defensive bonuses. Alacrity rune page (+38% attack speed). Doran's Blade.

Hoar dat tru damage bb.

~~~

Warwick is too slow and too weak to be viable level against someone like Xin Zhao, who matches his heals upon every third attack but has so many steroids for offense it isn't even funny. Level 1 Q + Desolation + Alacrity + Havoc = wtfrape.

~~~

Karthus can deal massive amounts of damage to a single target continuously with Lay Waste. Level 1 Lay Waste + Doran's Ring + Insight runes + Havoc and 15% MPen from the offense tree.

~~~

Teemo can shut down a good percent of enemy melee damage with Blinding Dart, making him a good counterpick to a melee like Xin level 1.

~~~

Ashe can keep nonranged enemies at a distance almost forever with kiting and the slow. Another counterpick to melee level 1.

~~~

Lee Sin has a powerful Q ability that adds up to 9% of the enemies health as damage. With a Strength page, he gets his base level 1 damage (50x2) an additional 22x2. With a Doran's Blade, that becomes 32x2 extra. Add Havoc, armor penetration, Brutality, and you end up with 85x2 + 10% of the enemy's missing health + the 4 standard attacks he gets to use which have 50% higher attack speed and can fit in with his Q.

I would say for pure offensive stats, if you got that kind of a combo in on anyone level 1 they're wrecked. You need to start at melee range so you have time to get two standard attacks in before Resonating Strike, and then remain within melee range so you can last the following two. Chances are your enemy will be running away. Beware of blinds and work around them.

Most people aren't as scared of Lee because they never absorb the full combo, but they would if they facechecked a brush. Garen can't beat that.

~~~

Nasus would be able to win over any DPS champion, straight up, with his crippling slow.

~~~

Udyr is scary at melee range with bonus damage and a passive and passive and active attack speed that combine with each other while Tiger Stance is active and used over and over. He's up there.

~~~

Rammus gets bonus AD from his Defensive Ball Curl and severely weakens all attacks on him. Straight 1v1 I don't see him having any issue with anyone short of healers at level 1.

~~~

Kog'Maw gets a free bloodrazor. I can see him as being a great 1v1 at level 1. By the way, why haven't I seen anyone play Kog? :/

~~~

Jarvan gets bloodrazorish damage which can be scary if you keep letting him hit you, on top of his standard attack damage and either his Armor/AS buff or his Armor debuff and high base damage on Q.

~~~

Tryndamere with a Malice rune page will wreck you. 40% base critical chance which scales up to 80% but likely will drift somewhere near 60-70% before someone dies. Are you feeling lucky?

~~~

Heimerdinger with a turret. So I heard you like being outnumbered. Build tank masteries and a Doran's shield with Fortitude runes. Let the turret to the talking, just don't die, okay?

~~~

Irelia heals on hit AND adds true damage. Nerf incoming, but still a hell of a champion to deal with atm.

~~~

Gangplank. Well, blow me down! Eat spammable Q which can crit and my stacking passive damage over time. A force to be reckoned with; a melee that can kite other melee if necessary.

~~~

Twitch. Stack those stacks. Nuke that dude. Who needs invisibility when you can just go up and kill people. That said, you don't want to be a glass cannon so pick up lots of early health like Heimerdinger so you don't get 3 shot by someone. Let your passive and Expunge do the work.

~~~

Shaco can get you with a jack in the box or three. Beware, running away means you die sooner.

~~~

Olaf has spell vamp and life steal, not that spell vamp matters when you get Vicious Strikes first level. Combine life steal with an ever increasing attack speed bonus and AA someone to death while trying your best not to die. Best combined with attack speed runes. Got attack speed? Get more!

~~~

Rumble will give you damage for his damage for his damage. Flamethrower, then flamethrower more until you die. Can't flamethrower? Get beat to death by insane amounts of bonus damage. Dead either way.

~~~

As you can see, there are a ton of champions, each with their own thing come level 1. It's all about setting yourself up for that level 1 kill, because if you put too much effort into level 1 you lose effect in the later levels. Some champions counter others straight up. Some champions just can't do it. I would keep in mind that the biggest advantage you'll ever have in a 1v1 at level 1 is that the enemy doesn't know how much effort you really put into it.

On that note, in any viable 1v1 you're best just going with a ranged champion. If you don't, well then good luck avoiding harassment or being able to stay on par with the enemy ranger, because they will be a ranger.

Champions that can NOT 1v1 at level 1:
Renekton - damage too low, cooldowns
Morgana - not enough spells
Taric - healing doesn't help when the cd is an eternity
Mordekaiser - needs minions, straight 1v1 fight is failshield and suicide due to health costs
Shen - heal too weak, shield too weak, and what is taunting them really going to do
Vayne - attack speed doesn't cut the mustard
Zilean - so I heard you like 4 health bars and not enough damage for the cooldowns
Nunu - moar cooldowns
Pantheon - not enough damage, not enough attack speed to ***** passive
Sona - brb dying
Kassadin - not enough damage
Dr. Mundo - health costs
Evelynn - not enough damage
Soraka - dw I'll just heal aw dammit

Given, all of this information is based on a straight, planned 1v1 in which there are no turrets or running away. No minions or surprises from brush. Nothing besides two capable damage dealers to the death.

Add minions and the typical 1v1 lane, and you get a bunch of, "Should've been a ranger," everywhere. I didn't list Swain but I usually run him DPS with Torment and the offense tree with an Alacrity page to catch casual mid laners off guard with my high DPS that they usually end up running from. I still won't confront Corki or Teemo with that kind of setup, though, due to blind and being outdps'd by Corki.

Too many factors to answer a very unspecific question. "The Strongest" meaning the one with the most damage capability? Lee Sin. "The Strongest" meaning the best 1v1 laner with minions? Shieldkaiser. "The Strongest" meaning the most viable 1v1 kiter? Probably Ashe or Caitlyn.

Deeds netails, bro. Come back with more details and when the game isn't full of counters, and I'll answer your question.

EDIT: I'm the only one that gets downvoted out of a laundry list of simple answers with no setup or explanation. Gratz, community, you're a bunch of ass holes. Why do I even care to give this much of my time to people who don't appreciate nor deserve it. **** you guys, really, just **** you.

Capt Coke

07-03-2011

1v1 lvl 1 never happens lol, if anything, i would have 2 say annie, with her aoe stun for "fights' that occur, that is if ur smart enough 2 stay at the fountain and get ur stun up b4 u comeout

RobertZimmerman

07-03-2011

Seriously? Where's Garen?...
He's only viable early game, but during which time he's a beast...

illundreal

07-03-2011

gangplank

CRIT 9000!

really though level 1 no one is that good, level 3 is more where early game dominance starts because people can start getting a combo going. *cough*xin *cough* zhao

Julian Kanzuki

07-03-2011

soraka, her heal/poke combination at level 1 is just deadly.

happylilvegemite

07-03-2011

anivia, have to kill her twice and have a stun handy.