Major Lag Spikes After Last Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hatsoz

04-12-2010

After the last patch I experience intermittent 5-20 second lag spikes. However, I can still issue commands to my character in real time and life bars still drop normally. Minions who die simply have their life bar disappear but continue autoattacking as if they were alive. Champions who die simply stop moving and stand at the location where they die and have their life bars disappear. In addition no new animations including running will play until after the lag spike has ended, at which point, they will all play at once where they are not mutually exclusive (a bunch of gold from minions pop, any and all spells cast during the spike will now appear visually without effect, etc.).

These 'episodes' of lag occur every 2-5 minutes in a typical game and have only occurred starting recently. On the loading screen my ping is typically 20 and in game it's usually between 9 and 10 ms. Before this patch, I never once experienced this lag spike/client desynchronization, although I can't say for sure if it is because of the patch or other variables (server-side, etc.).

I can say, however, that no other games I play or internet applications I use experience any lag spikes. I hope this problem can be solved quickly, since it is major and basically prevents me from being able to play the game as it was intended. Also, people who I group with have pointed out that my character appears jumpy during these lag spikes.

Raxem

04-12-2010

I have been having the same issues. Before this last patch I played the game fine, but now I am hitting some major lag spikes when in game. I normally run with all my settings on high, which always worked fine. Since this started happening I have turned all my settings to low/very low and since then it has been running a little bit smoother. I still run into some lag spikes every now and then, but they are much less frequent (still more than 3 times a game though).

My lag spikes though are much worse than what hatsoz say. Sometimes it happens like hatsoz says, where I can still move but when I try to attack my champion will just stand next to the minion and not attack. Other times all the other characters (including minions) will just stand in place, doing the same thing over and over. It seems from my perspective that I can move, but when the lag ends a lot of times I am dead. These lag spikes can last anywhere from a few seconds to a full minute+. I have even lagged out of the game a few times. I *know* that it is not my internet. I just upgraded my internet to the 7mbps from 1.5 mbps. When I start lagging I have checked my browser a time or two and I am able to zip around the net quite fast.

I have tried reinstalling my video drivers, but that did nothing. I also reinstalled LoL, which also made no change. The game worked fine until the new patch came out. I don't know what changed. Please help. My computer dxdiag is attached as well. I noticed that hatsoz also has a 200 series nvidia card. I don't know if there is a connection? I just don't know what else could be causing the problem other than video card issues?

Also, one more thing I wanted to note - even when I am not in the game, just the lol main page where you look at the summoner profile and the store, that has been lagging sometimes as well. Sometimes my summoner profile will take a while to load, or the store will have problems loading and a box will pop up saying that an unknown error has occurred.

hatsoz

04-13-2010

I will try reducing my settings to try and reduce the frequency of this issue. Thank you Raxem for your detailed account of this issue.

Raxem

04-13-2010

So I don't know why this made such a huge difference, but it did. I was using wireless internet before, but I switched to LAN. Since I started using the ethernet cable instead of wireless I have not had a single lag spike. Like I said before the patch I had NO problems what-so-ever. Something in that patch made my wireless go wack, but oh well. I am now able to play like before, max settings and everything with no problems.

My wireless card what just a usb wireless adapter by linksys. If you are using the same, maybe that is your problem too?

Hope this helps! Best of luck!

hatsoz

04-14-2010

Unfortunately, I am already using a wired connection to my DSL Modem and this issue is still occurring.

However, I did read that some multicore AMD processors are known to have a timing bug with the Game Client, which sounds like that could be the case.
source= http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2

I will try installing some windows updates, and hopefully that will solve the issue. There are no AMD phenom drivers for me to install on the AMD website (i use vista x64).

hatsoz

04-14-2010

I was able to solve the issue by installing the latest video drivers for my video card (Nvidia 280 GTX) and installing an optional windows update for vista x64, which had something to do with compatibility issues, then restarted my computer. I have played a few games and the issue has not occurred once since.

uP Away

04-12-2011

can someone help me.... every time i click match me with teammates for solo queue it says unknown error has occurred. It was working fine like 30 minutes ago. Details:
(mx.messaging.messages::ErrorMessage)#0
body = (Object)#1
clientId = (null)
correlationId = "15A704CD-3939-F637-91D0-4CD59B873B88"
destination = ""
extendedData = (null)
faultCode = "Client.Error.RequestTimeout"
faultDetail = "The request timeout for the sent message was reached without receiving a response from the server."
faultString = "Request timed out"
headers = (Object)#2
messageId = "9AF3AA37-6563-188D-1A11-4CD685EF7BE8"
rootCause = (null)
timestamp = 0
timeToLive = 0