Replace "Lock" with "Ready"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RobertFreeman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2011

Insta-locks suck. Insta-lockers are all ****s. All of them. I know you hate them as much as I do. So I propose that, in blind pick, we replace "lock" with "ready."

What does the lock mechanic add? Well, it allows us to start a game before those 75 or whatever seconds are up. That's nice. But why not replace "Lock" -- which says, "I'm ready to play, and I promise not to change my character" -- to "Ready" -- which says, "I'm ready to play if this works, but if my team doesn't like the way our team turns out, they can still ask me to change."

This way, people could insta-ready, and if the team comp turns out to be a team comp problem, just have the one person not ready, and complain, and try to get people to switch -- and if the team turns out fine, the game will start within about 15 seconds.

Diamondragan

07-03-2011

+1 for the new arguments that arise because the instaready players don't want to switch to something else besides 4 carries.

Now, not only did they fail to pick a good team, but given the opportunity to do so they will abjectly refuse.

4tehlulz. I hate idiots.

Special note: this will not change anything about Draft picking.

Pickle in a Bag

07-03-2011

This would be pretty nice for blind pick, but i still say they sould just put draft pick for normal games lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondragan View Post
Special note: this will not change anything about Draft picking.
obviously, because this mode mainly makes the team focus on team comp a little more.

RobertFreeman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

I imagine this would be rather simple to implement, and, considering 5 upvotes in only 2 replies' worth of conversation, the sentiment around it seems positive. Is there any way to promote an idea into Riot's cross hairs if it is actually worth reading?

Minharoni

03-28-2013

This idea is absolutely AMAZING!

Porret

03-28-2013

I like your idea, i always play ranked, but i think it works at least for blind pick.

Toji Majia

03-28-2013

Its a good idea, but I fear what that kind of patch will do to the servers, given Riots past history.