Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] - Remove /all chat function

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FenixNade

07-03-2011

it really doesn't serve a useful function. Yes it's nice for those few times an enemy team has class... but it is mostly used (read: abused) by trolls or people with poor sportsmanship. I can't count the amount of times I /mute or /ignore people on the other team... b/c really... what could you have to say to an enemy in game that you can't do in the chat after a match?

Koegen

07-03-2011

actually i don't know i may be the only one but i sometimes use the /all chat when someone is using a character that i like to use and ask why they chose to go the items they chose and the playing style and i use the feedback i get in order to get better with the character, this cannot be done in the chat after the match because when i play people usually just leave after the match and it will be a little weird if i send a message after they leave about a match that we just had.

Diamondragan

07-03-2011

Keogen, this means you're spending your game time asking questions and the enemy is spending their game time answering them.

All in all, I find that there are much much much much much better ways of getting reliable information than asking your enemies.

That said, I couldn't agree with the OP more. To the depths with verbal harassment and snide commentary that would be better off in team chat but that one or more troll(s) couldn't help but say.

Upvote for great justice!

BlindRob

07-03-2011

I enjoy talking to everyone I'm playing. I'll often use to it make light hearted remarks about kills/being killed or talking about something that might have happened, making jokes or giving credit for a good move. These are the kind of things that after a match don't have the same impact to talk about, but can provide a laugh while in game. I also find just talking about what ever in the start of a game, related to LoL or not, can help lighten up the mood between the enemy team yours, and just the match as a whole. I've been playing online games for well over 10 years now I find it disappointing that we need to keep people from talking to each other in order to avoid pointless trash talking. It seems as time goes on people are just acting worse and worse online.

So, while I can understand where you're coming from with the idea, I can't say I'm all for it. Perhaps if someone is reported and found guilty of harassment in the tribunal X times, then they lose their ability to /all chat for X days?

FenixNade

07-03-2011

don't get me wrong... there have been times that I have used /all chat for its purpose... complimenting an enemy on an amazing skill shot last hit after I flash away... stuff like that...

the problem is far more frequently I find it just impedes the fun of the game when people abuse it to troll. Many of the tribunal cases I judge (aside from afk/leaver) are all because someone is trolling or verbally harrassing people in /all.

I could live with not being able to communicate to enemies in game just to remove that horrible reality of how often its abused.

ABagOfFritos

07-03-2011

Trash talking is a vital aspect of any online multiplayer game. Learn your ****, holmes.

FenixNade

07-04-2011

meh, thats what the aftermath screen is for. if it's a punishable offense by the tribunal... prevention is more effective than policing