Ninja Boots on Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

I've been getting these on this hero lately as it's the only form of dodge from an item in the game. I do a 10-10-10 mastery jungler and I've noticed the extra dodge chance from when you cycle skills makes the 10% MS bonus proc fairly often. It helps with either initiating or running big time especially since I'm often cycling w and e to run or e and q to initiate. I did the math and without even having dodge runes you end up with roughly a ~22% dodge chance from boots, mastery, and the cycle max stack (9%).

However, in a game I just played some people QQ about my boots saying I should get the tenacity ones or the attack speed ones (lol). They were probably just bad, but I'm wondering others thoughts on this if it's even really that big of a deal. The tenacity or the +3 MS ones seem to be the only ones that make sense, though there's other sources of tenacity in the game and there's a few other forms of MS especially if dodge is procing often in a fight. Attack speed on boots just seems stupid since half the items in teh game add it in some way or another and it's capped at some point. Since I run tiger and have the bonus from cycling stances it seems stupid to waste your boot slot on attack speed.

I don't know what does everyone think? Am I the noob or are they? Or are we both noobs who have no chance of ever improving?

doo0ooooooom

07-02-2011

the dodge boots are really good for the price. no idea why more people don't buy em. they're the cheapest boots and great tank stats vs auto attack carries.

obviously they're situational though, if there's some nasty stuns or casters on their team you'd probably rather have merc treads...

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

Well ya, situational ofc.

But picture this as a typical unranked game with 4 carries and maybe 1 CC guy if your lucky.

Adaelphon Delat

Recruiter

07-02-2011

I really like them when tanking. Especially if there is an auto attack heavy champ on the enemy team. And if you really want the tenacity, there ARE other items that use it. And you can always take a b-veil or qss if cc is bad. Ultimately, if it works well in your build, then join the few of us non-Jax players that use them!

kavinh the third

07-02-2011

dodge boots are great on udyr the extra armor helps with his turtle stance anyways and u probably don't need the tenacity or the 15% attack speed as much as the dodge.

2pudge1cup

07-02-2011

Ya, I really dont understand who would ever buy attack speed boots. Your boots should be reserved for something that can't be achieved without spending a crapload for other items (IE tenacity from the boots is much cheaper than anywhere else, dodge can't be taken from anywhere else, CDR/Magic pen both very viable for casters/supports, and increased MS is going to cost considerably more if you get say a zeal or soemthing). The attack speed ones seem so stupid: 25% AS in a game where AS is capped and you can get AS from most attacking items. Plus the AS hardly scales into late game where the armor helps a ton early and then dodge is huge late. I've had plenty of runs cycling w and e where I manage to escape because of the extra 10% MS from a dodge.

ikillutwice

07-03-2011

Merc treads are the best boots but if they don't have much cc or if u get other tenacity dodge is great

Oh pro tip u can see your dodge chance by clicking on ur picture right by ur hp bar in game