Tier 3 champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icarus108

07-02-2011

I've been looking for a new main champion and i want a tier 3 champ so i checked them all out and i think ive decided on which ones i like. I'm pretty good with ranged, good with melee, good with support, and so-so with tank. The champs i was thinking about getting are: karthus, malzahar, and renekton. I'm pretty set on all 3 of them and i was wondering if anybody knew if they were going to enter the rotation anytime soon and i was wondering if these champs have recieved any nerfs or buffs recently. Most of all im wondering if these champions are as good as they are hyped up to be. I know "all champs are good you just have to find someone who knows how to play them" but there are some champions that are just ignored or forgotten due to them being UP or too difficult to play and are the 3 champions in the category? Ive probably rambled too long and might not make much sense but if you could please respond that'd be nice. What would be amazing is if you could make a pro and con list of those 3 champs. Thanks

Unicorn Giggles1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

Karthus won't be rotated for a looong time. Malzahar i'm not sure about and Renek should be rotated sometime soon

Alrocsmash

07-02-2011

Avoid renek. He is really not all that great. karth and malz are both awesome. Try Nasus. He is a far better toon than renek and I find him very fun to play.

Icarus108

07-02-2011

Nasus was my very first champion. He was free that week and i played him so well that i bought him. But why is renek not all that great? He seems like a combination of warwick and nasus.

S Fate

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrocsmash View Post
Avoid renek. He is really not all that great. karth and malz are both awesome. Try Nasus. He is a far better toon than renek and I find him very fun to play.
Renekton is good, idk what you mean. Nasus also has no gap closer except for his slow. Nasus is good, Renekton is good. Both are GREAT lane pushers. Nasus stays in lane forever, comes out every once in a while if needed. He takes down turrets quickly. Renekton team fights like a boss. Just don't be those people that rush Mallet, Infin, On-Hit, Tri Force type of items on him.

My build on Renekton is usually

Merc Treads, Brutalizer, Sunfire Cape, Spirit Visage, Force of Nature, Randuin

Core would be

Merc Treads, Brutalizer, Heart of Gold

After that, Sunfire or Spirit Visage, whichever is needed more, then Force of Nature or Randuin later depending on what's needed. That's if you're not carrying or anything.

Good offensive items on him are Black Cleaver and Blood Thirster, Black Cleaver for his W, Blood Thirster because he farms well.

Other good items are Last Whisper, Hexdrinker, Guardian Angel, QSS, Youmuu's.

Harky

07-02-2011

Karthus:
+ High sustained damage.
+ Extremely good farming.
+ Global ult nuke.
+ Fight winning walls.
- Hard to learn / play.
- Has to get into the middle of fights to have an impact.
- No hard CC.
- Low burst damage.

Renekton:
+ Good damage and ult makes him tanky.
+ Sustains well.
+ Gap closer / stun.
- Poor early game. (Doesn't lane well against most ranged champions and doesn't jungle well.)
- Fury mechanic means you often need to wait for abilities to produce the desired effect.
- Easy to lockdown with CC. (His only CC is an on-hit effect.)

Malzahar:
+ High burst and sustained damage.
+ Good CC. (AOE silence, long suppression.)
+ Great farming potential all game.
+ Very dangerous ganks.
+ W is very effective against health stacking champions.
- Heavily countered by QSS. (Removes his silence, suppression ult and E DoT.)
- Can be counter picked with high CC teams.
- Depends too much on his ult and W late game.

Icarus108

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harky View Post
Karthus:
+ High sustained damage.
+ Extremely good farming.
+ Global ult nuke.
+ Fight winning walls.
- Hard to learn / play.
- Has to get into the middle of fights to have an impact.
- No hard CC.
- Low burst damage.

Renekton:
+ Good damage and ult makes him tanky.
+ Sustains well.
+ Gap closer / stun.
- Poor early game. (Doesn't lane well against most ranged champions and doesn't jungle well.)
- Fury mechanic means you often need to wait for abilities to produce the desired effect.
- Easy to lockdown with CC. (His only CC is an on-hit effect.)

Malzahar:
+ High burst and sustained damage.
+ Good CC. (AOE silence, long suppression.)
+ Great farming potential all game.
+ Very dangerous ganks.
+ W is very effective against health stacking champions.
- Heavily countered by QSS. (Removes his silence, suppression ult and E DoT.)
- Can be counter picked with high CC teams.
- Depends too much on his ult and W late game.
Thank you that is pretty much exactly what i was looking for. You are a gentleman and a scholar, thank you.