Relevant Information from All JoJ's

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DetectiveCactus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

I too find it hard to believe that the Void has anything to do with the recent Boram LeSwain IV plotline. The role Void plays here seems minor, if any.

And for all we know, the Du Couteau disappearance may or may not be voluntary. Sure he was in contact with the LeSwain duo, but that's not a proof; and also remember, he seemed extremely agitated moments before disappearing.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

I feel like my theory is being pushed a little bit to the side in terms of what I'm actually trying to say.

I'm not saying the Void is taking sides.

I never said the Void's goal is to empower one city-state.

What I'm saying is that they're using the already present situation of the City-States in order to create a distraction, or in-fact start a War.

Demacia and Noxus hate eachother. Fact

This most recent even could lead to a war. Fact

If there is a war, there will be many MANY casualties. Fact

After (if there is) the war, both sides will be severly crippled, all of RuneTerra would be in chaos. Fact

If all this were to go through, the Void could show up, be like -Hey Guys, how's it going?- And wipe everybody out.

I'm not trying to force it, I'm thinking outside the box. All my points are completely valid.

I doubt the Void is just being a sub-plot through all of this. You yourself just said Larkhill, Cho'Gath is the equivalent of Swain in the grand scheme of things, a master tactician, and a general. And yes, he is waiting for Malzahar's plan to go through. Obviously they're having some problems, but it's only Kassadin. They're being in the background is the point. If you're trying to destroy the world, then why not pit two city-states who already hate each other against each other to do it for you?

Swain and LeBlanc have been working in the shadows for quite some time, and this has been their goal all along.

But it just seems...to easy.

The only reason Swain has his position is because General DuCouteau went -poof- after some very agitated actions. I do not, however, believe it is within the capability of Swain to destroy not only Darkwill, but the entire squad that was with him. True, things do point to it, because of the -no signs of a struggle / retreat / whatever, but it just doesn't sit right with me.

During Swain's time in Kalamda they were keeping eyes on him, and it was said he was constantly wandering the out-skirts of town, but never leaving. It's in my opinion he knew something was out there, or something was going to happen.

I don't think he wandered out of town, approached the squad, and killed them all in an instant. Swain might be powerful, but not that powerful.

larkhill

07-02-2011

1 problem with the void in all of this...

they dont have an army. they dont have anything to attack with right now. they have chogath, malz, kogmaw and whatever creepy voice thats in malz's head. thats it. 3 (or 4 if u count the voice) people does not an army make. as great a general as chogath the voidborn is, i doubt he can do much with that many...

the void is still trying to get an army but kass/karth r doing a good job at keeping them at bay. as for the war, i dont see a war actually breaking out. it would never happen. remember, no matter how powerful noxus or demacia or any other city state is, the league is better. the league is far and away the most powerful entity in runeterra. they havent "lost" a conflict yet and with the growing amt of champions/magic at their disposal, i dont see them losing any time soon. if a war breaks out, they will keep the peace, through force if necessary.

neither demacia or noxus, or even the black rose, have much to gain from war actually breaking out. demacia just wants to restore their honor as they most likely had nothing to do with this. noxus just wants justice and the black rose + swain want the crown.

my guess is swain will threaten war, kill jarvan, and the league will be forced to negotiate peace between the demacian king and swain, and by placing swain on the treaty, he effectively becomes the ruler of noxus.

the only hard part about this is getting the league to cooperate. killing jarvan is easy. if they can get past boram's guards and go unnoticed by the leagues investigation, surely they can do the same for jarvan. getting the league to make such a treaty of peace will be difficult, but in swains judgement its hinted that it wont be easy to force their hand in meddling in these affairs but it is possible, and with enough propaganda and war-mongering by swain, im going to go ahead and call it that they're forced into doing this.

remember, the league doesnt want peace between the city states. solving political differences between the 2 is one of the leagues main reasons for existing at all. what the league wants is for them to solve their differences on the fields of justice and not in a war. if swain trys to start a war between noxus and demacia again, he effectively forces the leagues hand.

alsowikk

07-02-2011

What about malz's cultist? He had enough that he could safely sacrifice kassadin's daughter in the middle of zaun! Heck he doesn't need an army at this point if he just drives a few individuals mad(mal is the conduit for void, I'm sure they can use him for that).

And what about Brand's judgement? Or nocturne. Both HATED the league the second they saw it. They selfishly called in kayle, morganna, and anivia as well. Brand thinks the league is hiding something, same with vayne, nocturne tried to kill sumonners on sight(but left a simple engineer ALONE when he could have slaughterred him with the rest). The league itself is a possible threat/scam/dare I say...controlled by the void's minions? Food for thought

MajesticRaven

07-02-2011

We have three champions that we know of Void Related. I don't honestly think that in the entire world of the Void there are only two creatures, and a voice that mind-controls people. It's my bet they have legions of forces at their disposal, but it takes a great deal of energy and power to get through the dimensional portal (or whatever). Inhibitors are out inhibiting large amounts of energy, and any energy that shows up on the League's Radar is immediately silenced. Brand burst onto scene annihilating everything, and was quickly dispatched by the League and imprisoned. He announced something was up with the League.

If indeed someone in the League is corrupt, then I think if war breaks out, that person will make their move. The League will try to stop the war, but the League itself will be attacked from the inside.

Karthas was protecting an Inhibitor. I assume Malzahar was attempting to destroy an inhibitor to create a pocket in Valoran where large amounts of magic can form without trouble. In this pocket, they could potentially use natural magic, magic of their own, or mass sacrifice of Malzahar's cult following, to open a portal for the forces to come through.

I don't think Malzahar is forming an army on this side, but is attempting to create a path-way for the army to get through from the other side.

Even League Members talk about letting Malzahar and Kassadin's actions slide when they repeatedly fight, and even over the possible destruction of an inhibitor.

If a Champion in the league, goes after an Inhibitor Created by the league which has the purpose of preventing magical energy from going nuts to preserve the peace, i don't think I'd -let it slide-. I'd punish them outright for such a deed.

larkhill

07-02-2011

u seem to contradict yourself... and its rather confusing...

sure ,there might be other void champions out there that we dont know about, but the void champions we know of have all originated with icathia or been summoned by the league. the league also has quite a decent radar system for any and all magic out there. if a void champ was out there, they'd know about it.

as u mentioned, there are inhibitors out there preventing the void from doing much. the only reason malz has for trying to destroy 1 is that he needs to before he can do anything. this also means that since he hasnt destroyed it, he still cant do anything and hasnt yet. there may have been more void creatures summoned but theres by no means enough for an army. not yet anyway.

as for his cult... its not like they're powerful mages following him. its just random followers. they cant do much.

remember, the league is a lot more powerful than anyone else. the void would need a LARGE army to deal with them in any way. a few cult members and a few void straglers hiding out simply arent enough to do much

CARDBOARDWARRIOR

07-02-2011

There is no relation between the Kalamanda thing and the **** Void, you're grasping at straws.

MajesticRaven

07-02-2011

Alright The Void is a location, a different dimension. I'm not saying there's a million champions, but creatures and minion-like monsters on the other side. Icathia exploded and is the location of Void transformations. The entire population disappeared and created a Void Portal.

Who's the say Malzahar isn't attempting to re-create this with his massive group of followers? I feel trying to explain my stance isn't working.

The League may have Radar, but they've ripped a few champions by screw ups several times. Lee-Sin attempted a summoning, blew up a village. When Nasus was summoned Renekton came with him. One summoner made FiddleSticks, a mindless killer. Nocturne was murdering people IN THEIR DREAMS. The League may have Radar, but they seem to have alot of problems when it comes to alternate dimensions and worlds.

I'm not saying there's an army already on Rune-Terra chilling somewhere. I'm saying the Void is under the League's Magical Radar because they're an alternate dimension. To bridge the gap (As with Icathia) they'll need an area uninhibited by magic (destroying an inhibitor) and a city worth of sacrifices (Malzahar's followers).

Ripping open a portal is cause for alarm. Malzahar tried to destroy the Inhibitor and the League didn't even CARE. These Inhibitors are what keep the world at the (someone) peaceful state it's in now. If League Champions are allowed to destroy them, or even attempt to destroy them ESPECIALLY if they're involved with the Void in ANY way, that would be cause for Alarm.

Either the League is corrupted, or they're confident they can stop whatever Malzahar is up to.

The Lord of Hats

07-02-2011

Yeah, but none of that seems to have anything to do with the plot at hand in Kalamanda and Noxus. It's a plotline we'll be seeing more of in the future, but it's pretty apparent that it's Swain and Leblanc behind this current plotline. Just from a writing perspective, having this all be caused by Malzahar would be pushing him a little too far into the position of "Main Villain", when LoL really does try to avoid that. It serves Riot's purposes a lot better to have multiple people doing nefarious things, rather than having Malzahar/The Void be behind everything.

From a standpoint of evidence we actually have, the only thing that would possibly suggest that Malzahar is behind anything in Kalamanda is the timing of his fight with Kassadin, and the Darkwill plot has been going on for quite a while now, both in a real-world perspective and by an in-world perspective.

MajesticRaven

07-02-2011

Well The Void has been around for ages. I can't imagine they've just been sitting back watching all this time.

I'm not saying Malzahar was specifically responsible for Kalamda. What I'm saying is the Void may have other agents, been mind controlling soldiers, be puppeteering everything from the background. And there are multiple people doing nefarious things. Malzahar could be attempting to open another Void portal (like Icathia), and some other mysterious member may be controlling things from the side.

A soldier (Demacian mind you) kills a Noxian miner (and blew up the mines) and swain gets angry about this Demacian miner. The miner says it was an order by Jarvan. Now i think THAT would be a stretch, if Swain put up this disguised soldier to the task. But what's this? Jarvan delays interrogation for a while, and the prisoner dies!

Whatever caused Jarvan's delay of the execution shows sign someone was pressuring HIM on the situation, something was wrong IN DEMACIA. Noxus isn't the only one with stuff going on.

123456 ... 10