Is Olaf OP?

Yes, Olaf is OP 4 10.26%
No, Olaf is just right 16 41.03%
No, Olaf could use some buffin'(Don't click this) 19 48.72%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

How is Olaf OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brodazzler

07-02-2011

I've seen some threads with people complaining that Olaf is OP and I'm a bit curious. I'm only level 15 and I bought Olaf at level 6 or 7 and have been using him pretty consistently since but I don't see how people can call him OP. I see a lot of people complaining about the slow on his axe, which really is not that bad, the second I miss it and don't have ghost up I lose the kill, but get some Tenacity and it is not at all OP. The only thing that I can see being OP is 3 ranks in Reckless Swing by 9 or 10, that true damage just tears up just about everyone and it has such a low cool down that there's true damage all over the place, so I could see that getting kinda worked. But other than that he's fairly squishy, most of the game is spent building Wriggles and Frozen Mallet so because of that I never have much for resistances, except for Negatron which I will normally pick up at around 9 or 10 but any time my Ult is down and I get CC'd I'm dead in seconds(which should never happen with his excellent anti-carry skills) and if I get double teamed by anyone that can withstand some damage, one of them is almost always guaranteed a kill. Now maybe I suck with Olaf but I like to think that I am ok with him but I can not see why so many call him OP, be it in game or on the forums. Can someone shed some light here?

IS1e3cc613d0d6d0

07-02-2011

Olaf isn't op. Some even say he needs a buff. Just beginners think he is op.

Brodazzler

07-02-2011

A buff? Really? Maybe it's just my lower level but after I learned how to properly jungle with him I'm not sure I've had a single negative k/d game.

Lacion

07-02-2011

He needs a buff. Not a large one, but I'd settle for the old Health scaling on Vicious Strikes back and maybe a small percentage damage reduction on Ragnarok rather than a flat damage.

Brolaf's OP? Your mom's OP.

IS1e3cc613d0d6d0

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodazzler View Post
A buff? Really? Maybe it's just my lower level but after I learned how to properly jungle with him I'm not sure I've had a single negative k/d game.
Look when you play against good players ganking with Olaf early on is very hard because your only CC comes from your skillshot. Good players won't push and overextend.

Later on he gets a beast though.

Lacion

07-02-2011

The problem I have with him is not his ganking. It's bad, but I'm kinda fine with that. He's a melee carry, so jungling is more of a way to get him gold and experience without having to get harassed in lane, and giving your solo a faster leveling curve. It's kind of like why you have jungle Yi.

The problem I do have is that he doesn't really get all that mean late. He doesn't get "free" items like Jarvan and Xin, so he has to split his cash between the survivability to walk through the team for the enemy carry and the damage to actually kill the *******. Other tanky DPS can focus on defensive items because they have solid offensive buffs, but Olaf's only offensive self-buff is Vicious Strikes, which is nice for the lifesteal but the damage component is pitiful due to low health scaling. That's why I'm going for those buffs.

Carnack

07-02-2011

I agree. I like building Olaf a little tanky but the end result is that your damage tends to come soley from Reckless Swing if you do as you'd need a massive amount of health to get decent damage boosts from Viscious Strikes.