Minor Soraka Fix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alwaysafk

07-02-2011

Two things that I doubt will really change her competitively, but would ultimately make her more fun to play at all levels of the game.

Update her attack animation by increasing particle speed. One of the main problems I have with Soraka is that her attacks feel mushy. Of course you can get used to it, but with her low base damage and range make last hitting feel awkward. Since she generally has no income other than farm, assists and gold generating items I think this will make her much more fun to play.

Match Starcall with her auto attacks. Again, this will help with her farm considerably for newer players while not effecting higher gameplay (where she gets no CS anyway). Tossing a banana early and losing a creep kill because you can't last hit with Starcall is just annoying.

I hope this post is read by someone who can implement them, or at least toss the idea around on the test servers. If there are reasons why these changes are generally a bad idea I'm all ears.

CoolHeroBro

07-02-2011

F... farm?

You mean there's Sorakas that don't babysit and give the lane's farm to an Irelia? There's supports that... FARM?

E-excuse me... I have to lie down for a moment.

CoolHeroBro

07-02-2011

All joking aside, I think increasing the range of her Starcall would make her INSANE. She already has formidable zoning capabilities for the first few levels, making her Q on par with her autoattack range would just give her insane harass.

Not to mention, stacking Q's debuff would be a breeze.

It's not like she needs the extra range, anyway. You can easily cover an entire mass of stacked creeps to end a push, and it has more than enough range to kill jungle creeps.

tl;dr stop farming on supports. Oh and buy some wards, mang.

vtN

07-02-2011

I do think that her Q should be lightly changed, but probably not a range increase. I suggest something like giving it very light slow that can stack a few times. Let's be honest, the armor debuff is great, but you generally can't stack it a good amount.

Julian Kanzuki

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtN View Post
I do think that her Q should be lightly changed, but probably not a range increase. I suggest something like giving it very light slow that can stack a few times. Let's be honest, the armor debuff is great, but you generally can't stack it a good amount.
buy Rayli's. Problem solved. Seriously, its always the first major Item I get with her, an AoE slow on a 2 sec cooldown and a heavy slow added to her silence just gives her so much more utility. And it gives you AP and HP for survivability, both of which are great for Soraka.

Back on topic.

No, her slow auto attack is actually very usefull for harassment, it lets you attack then back off before agroing minions or a turret.

As for starcall, its actually a very strong ability I love it. Infact it was the reason I started playing her so long ago. If starcall had better range it would make soraka's laning phase just too strong. she can allready out lane pretty much anyone with her insane harass, insane sustainability and godly zoning.

Soraka is a very strong support champion allready, she just takes some getting used to because of her lack of escape and nececcity for compleate map awareness.