Countering Le-Blanc with Vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

07-01-2011

While I've been zoned out on my Veigar mid from time to time (not surprisingly), I've seen Le Blanc as one of the most threatening players. For the first time since I started playing, was completely shut down mid on my Vayne.

Normally, the Le Blanc's I've played against mid don't utilize distortion to extend q's range, but when its done, and done well, how does one counter? While I'm sure before the Vayne nerf, I would have easily won the trade in blows as initially when I decided to engage the player didn't live by much.

But as we got to the later levels and mid-game, I just couldn't return harassment. The threat of a q/r combo along with a nasty sheen proc made me tower hug for the first time on my Vayne (after a few deaths and acceptance that I was not going to out damage trading blows.)

I would normally just have someone gank, but the team was too busy just trying to manage their own lanes.

Early game, I know I probably could have gotten a level or 2 advantage if I took her down at level 1. But I'm still not quite sure how one counters someone who knows how to use distortion well, as sooner or later it becomes a problem. I know I could try to stay out of range and force her to burn a distortion without getting a q off, but the cooldown is short enough that even tumbling out of range only goes so far.

Any suggestions? I know stuns work wonders on squishy casters playing them so often myself, but for this instance, what can Vayne do?

UrgotASweetAshe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

You're going to need help from Jungle or another lane. Until then, just stay out of dodge. Last hit what you can, but don't take chances if you think she's ready to pounce.

First item (when you return to shop) MR cloak may allow you to counter attack (or at least sustain more harassment). Early MR goes a long way vs. LB, especially if your health bar is full. I always play Vayne with flat MR glyphs. If you have decent MR you can also opt for a stack of health pots and maybe a regen item as well.

Vayne can also play mind games with her by running off in B direction but circling around to river. Go to the side she'd walk for a side lane gank. If she runs into the grass you have a free shot to knock her into the wall and possibly finish her off. Get her out of your hair for awhile at least to get some farm on. I will also sneak off to wolves and wraiths to get extra farm if I don't have a jungler.

Be sure to call those MIAs or even predict her movement to counter gank from behind. Maybe that is obvious, but I shared regardless.

GLHF

Prometheius

07-02-2011

You don't You're squishy. She EATS squishies. Stop trying to fight her until you STOP BEING SQUSIHY.

mojib

07-02-2011

Here's how you counter her. Lane swap to a side lane and start owning up the squishies there.

Seriously though, I've picked LeBlanc in the past specifically as a counter to Vayne. LeBlanc's blink and burst is meant to burst down squishy carries. Vayne's reliance on proccing her tumble and landing 3 hits just doesn't work against LeBlanc. You really can't counter LeBlanc with Vayne, your only hope is that you are up vs a LeBlanc who tries to focus more on landing the dodgeable chains than comboing the silence/distortion.

EnderX19

07-02-2011

My advice is that you try and counter her with magic resist. Idk, like a Negatron Cloak? a Banshee's Viel? a Force of Nature?? just my thoughts on how to stop a nuker :/

Familar Mage US

07-02-2011

Ender, buying a FoN will screw Vaynes build up, plus it's not cheap, the only way to really take down LeBlanc is pinning her into a wall, and harasing after her Q, or, GANK HER

Fareley

07-02-2011

first you have to understand that LeBlanc does the most damage when maxing Q first, then W. Q needs another ability to proc it for full effect, else it is only subpar damage and no silence. So there are 3 options to trigger the Q effect:
a) W. This should be obvious, dont be in range of her W (or tumble in and use your E to shoot her away before she can burst you down)
b) E. Her chains are a slow skillshot with little to no range. Tumble to the side (or even walk to the side) should be enough to not get hit by it
c) R. Well, if she has her ultimate, you should have yours. And if she uses hers and you dont use yours dont be surprised by her damage output. Still, for the ultimate goes the same thing as for Q skill: Usually you want your ultimate (on lower levels) combined with your most damage inflicting spell. That results in the need of another spell to proc it. For this case, see above.

Overall play vs her the same way you would do vs annie: Don't get into her range when she hits lvl6. On lvl 1 she is surprisingly weak, on lvl 2 or 3 she gets her burst with Q+W going, if you try to harass go for tumble + E even if you can't stun her but keep her out of your range, therefore max your E first. It doesn't have to be a force of nature to make you tanky, negatron cloak (and if really necessary catalyst as i assume you will build banshees veil later on anyway) should be enough

Hotdogs

07-02-2011

tower hug
swap lanes

SeCKS Egai

07-02-2011

Ok thanks guys, I was wondering if there was some logic I failed to see, but basically Le Blanc basically dominates the majority of what I'd normally use in Mid anyway with my limited champ selection.

I had a feeling I needed to switch, as the enemy team was all squishy and I know both our side lanes I'd easily be far more successful. Funny thing was, I complimented him on his play and all he did was insult me. But its good to know I was pretty screwed once Le Blanc got Ult.

Narvuntien

07-02-2011

Caitlyn... Caitlyn has the range to mess with Leblanc

Sivir is pretty much built to counter Leblanc (which is funny since she was made first)

Malz and Morde.... both very strong against her... they push the lane and trap Leblanc fighting minions under her turret... tower hugging doesn't work because if I good leblanc go gank other lanes.... trapping her under a turret helps your team a lot.

Kog and Lux can beat her if played well they can stay out of her range and chip away at her Hp.

I got beaten by a blitz once... he has high starting hp to survive my burst then the grab + silence = dead Leblanc.