Running League of Legends on Linux systems.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nutarama

07-02-2011

I have a friend who recently switched to Linux (the most recent Ubuntu build) because his hard drive crashed and he didn't have his disks to install Windows onto a new HDD. He has Adobe Air installed in Wine, and the installer functioned correctly. However, every time he tries to start the launcher, it locks up his computer briefly and doesn't run.

Is there some other installable background functionality necessary to play, or can Linux users just not run League for one reason or another?

MRC0F1

07-13-2011

Seconded. I run Mint 10 at my office and windows at home. I wish I could play on my lunch breaks. Also, Air has a linux version. He doesn't have to run it in wine.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2011

I'm not knowledgable enough with Linux to help unfortunately, but I know it's been very hit-and-miss for Linux users. Sometimes it works in Wine, sometimes it doesn't - if you do some searches there was a megathread dedicated to getting it to work, and it seemed like some patches it worked some it didn't :-(

Bundeswehr

07-23-2011

It semi-worked up until they switched to the newer pvp.net launcher and now it won't get past rads_user_kernel locking up /manysadfaces

Senshadow