Do You Agree With The Alistar Changes?

Yes - Lets Show Them What This Bull Can Do!! 15 34.88%
No - The Changes Are Bull %$#@ 14 32.56%
Close - I Agree He Needs a Change, This May Not Be It 14 32.56%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Re-work] Alistar The

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OurOnlyPlanB

04-14-2011

Before we I start let me say.

Yes I play alistar, I understand some people will argue that his stuns and disrupt ability is great. Yes some people will say hes a good champion.
But I say he is NEVER banned in ranked games. Hes not as good as Shen, Malphite, Amumu and Rammas.

Also His disrupt and stun becomes Useless VS skilled 5v5 players.
So Alistar I've noticed is not played much... long CD's only 2 real moves during a fight, (yeah yeah you can heal and ult i know. but that wont scare any enemies away and the heal WONT save someone who's being focused down.)

Hes one of my favorite character but is useless in RANKED and against skilled players. He can stomp unskilled players and towers but thats it.

So if this does not fly. Heres the best thing I can give you. theres a GREAT guide on Alistar from Tapeia

*Here is the link http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=44659

go stomp people. But i warn you. Alistar is no good in ranked (well maybe if your elo is 1000) or vs pre-made groups.

this is a quote from Tapeia I agree with it. But I have a problem....

Quote:
"Your auto attack doesn't hit for anything and every fight you will only need to hit Pulverize & Headbutt to do your Job."
IF HEADBUTT AND PULVERIZE IS ALL YOU DO DOESN'T THAT SOUND BORING?!?!?

A zero fun hero is the worst kind.

ON top of all this. Hes a TANK hero who needs to build HP, Mana, Armor, MR, AND damage (so he can use his passive to knock down a tower OR to be useful in a team fight AFTER he "blows his load" of moves.)

Thats too much to build to be truly good in any area.

SO I PROPOSE A RE-WORK of this amazing looking hero. Here are my ideas. (I feel this makes him balanced, not unfair, not too week, and takes some skill to do well.)

Please read all of this before commenting.

So I vote his passive stays the same.

Colossal Strength - Alistar deals 20/40/60 %additional damage to turrets

but all of his other moves. Q, W, E, R MUST be changed.

currently

Pulverize - Alistar smashes the ground, dealing damage to all nearby enemies and tossing them into the air. On landing, enemies are stunned.
Alistar smashes the ground, dealing 80/125/170/220/270 (+1) magic damage and tossing all nearby enemy units into the air, stunning them for the duration.
Cost
70/85/100/115/130 Mana
Range

Headbutt - Alistar rams a target with his head, dealing damage and knocking the target back.
Alistar charges at an enemy and rams them dealing 90/140/190/245/300 (+1) magic damage and knocking them back (does not stun).
Cost
80/90/100/110/120 Mana
Range

Triumphant Roar - Alistar lets out a commanding war cry, instantly restoring health to himself and nearby friendly units for half the amount. Can be cast more often if nearby enemies are dying.
Instantly restore 60/90/120/150/180 (+0.4) health to himself and half of that value to surrounding allied units. Cooldown ticks down by 2 seconds each time a nearby enemy unit dies.
Cost
20/30/40/50/60 Mana
Range

Unbreakable Will - Alistar lets out a wild roar, gaining bonus damage, removing all crowd-control effects on himself, and reducing incoming physical and magical damage for the duration.
Alistar gains 60/75/90 physical damage, removes all crowd-control effects on himself, and takes 75% reduced physical and magic damage for 6/7/8 seconds.
Cost
150/150/150 Mana
Range

What I believe Alistar should be. *Long version*

***plz note forgive the ****y names of the moves. haha.

B]His Q[/B]

Triumphant Fist - Alistar lets out a commanding war cry, charging up his fist for his next attack. On the next auto attack he deals 15/30/45/60/75 upon a successful hit Alistar instantly restors health to himself and nearby friendly units for double the amount of the bonus damage. Restore 60/90/120/150/180 (+0.4) health to himself and half of that value to surrounding allied units. Cooldown ticks down by 2 seconds each time a nearby enemy unit dies.
Cost
20/30/40/50/60 Mana
Range of heal

Why I think it would work

So basically his Q lets the big Guy last hit and farm up the lane way better. It also means he is better LATE game (which is biggest drawback) now he will be able to run at a squishy and not be ignored as easily. I also feel this is not in anyway too overpowering for a tank to do a little bit of damage.

His W

Headbutt - Alistar rams a target with his head, dealing damage and knocking the target back.
Alistar charges at an enemy and rams them dealing 90/140/190/245/300 (+1) magic damage and knocking them back, but will stun the enemy for 1 second if they hit a wall. If the target is successfully stunned they receive an additional 100 damage.
Cost
80/90/100/110/120 Mana
Range

I feel Adding the stun after his Headbutt would force people to make more of a decision when using it on a hero. Do i just toss them back? or should I slam them to the wall my team-mate can still reach him etc. The extra damage wil also help Alistar get a few kills early game (because he does not get them late or mid thats the AD or AP heros job)

His E
Unbreakable Will - Alistar lets out a wild roar, reduces 1 crowd-control effect on himself, and reducing incoming physical and magical damage 1 second.
Alistar reduces 1 crowd-control effects on himself by 10/15/20/25/30%, and takes 35/40/45/50/55% reduced physical and magic damage for 1 second.
Cost
35/40/45/50/60 Mana
Range
CD 15/14/13/12/11

I feel this would be used like Garens shield mixed with Nocterns or Sivrs Sheild. (tho not as effective as anyone of them)
Unbreakable will would be use to block an incoming skill shot, or to Initialize (ie. runing through a Veiggar stun 30% sooner than expected would scared the pants off the little guy) by have a 1 second CD you have to become good at timing it with the enemies skills. (thus making alistar MORE FUN) have it on a good old 7 sec CD and your set.

FINALLY HIS ULT

His R

Pulverize - Alistar smashes the ground with immense force, dealing damage to all nearby enemies and tossing them into the air. On landing, enemies are stunned.
Alistar smashes the ground, dealing 180/220/340 (+1) magic damage and tossing all nearby enemy units into the air, stunning them for the duration.
Cost
130/190/240 Mana
Range

So Basically. His old Pulverize was great. But it could/should be better. He needs a stronger Team fight oriented ultimate to make him become as useful as the 4 main tanks, Amumu, Shen, Malphite, and Rammas.
With this Ult he can initiate fights way better and be a tank who has to be watched, unlike the current Alistar who is mainly ignored during team fights.

WHY ALL THE CHANGES?

Most team fights now Alistar HAS to use his Pulverize and Head-butt to stop the tank or carry from gunning down there carry. After he uses those 2 moves he is not a real threat to the Squishes on the opposing team.
He also suffers from not being able to farm up well.

I feel these changes would make him a GREAT tank and we would see more Alistar players in Ranked and 5v5 games.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for all the Reading... Lets Summonerise (get it... were summoners and were summarizing... never mind you dont get it...)

*Short Version*

His passive is fine how it is.

His Q should give him a small damage buff, AND have his current heal

His W should be headbutt BUT it SHOULD stun IF alistar SMASHES them into a wall

His E should be a 1 second long 55% damage reduction. (think of it like Gerens shield or Sivrs, or NOCS.) its like garens cuz it blocks a % BUT its like nocs or sivr cuz if ur good you can block a magic move. (he will still take a tiny bit of damage)

His R should be Pulverize BUT with a BIGGEr AOE. the size of Amumus ult, with a longer CD then what his Pulverize is now (obviously)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IDV Dragom

04-14-2011

I haven't played Alistar overly much, but I think your proposal is definitely within reasonable thought. I'd like to see more Alistar's cos I know they are great support, but this seems to give him abit more damage, and keeping him a support tank, like Shen. My only concern is maybe with Unbreakable Wills CD, because with CDR runes, that would just be amazingly OP, so maybe extending the CD on his E might balance that.

All in all, thumbs up from me mate

SLEEPYSAUR

04-14-2011

I'm down to see this alistar in game
+1 from me

OurOnlyPlanB

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Dragom View Post
I haven't played Alistar overly much, but I think your proposal is definitely within reasonable thought. I'd like to see more Alistar's cos I know they are great support, but this seems to give him abit more damage, and keeping him a support tank, like Shen. My only concern is maybe with Unbreakable Wills CD, because with CDR runes, that would just be amazingly OP, so maybe extending the CD on his E might balance that.

All in all, thumbs up from me mate

I changed his CD times for that move, 15/14/13/12/11 (with 40% CD you get 7sec CD at most)

thanks again

OurOnlyPlanB

04-14-2011

I must bump. soon someone will take the time to read all this!!!

Mystifi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2011

I read. I love it. But his Q Seems a bit over powered? 30 hp regained every 2-3 seconds (not sure what his cooldown is) on allys + bounus damage is healed to them. thats about 60 hp regained. every 2-3 seconds.

OurOnlyPlanB

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifi View Post
I read. I love it. But his Q Seems a bit over powered? 30 hp regained every 2-3 seconds (not sure what his cooldown is) on allys + bounus damage is healed to them. thats about 60 hp regained. every 2-3 seconds.
it wouldn't be any different then his current heal (so an 8 second CD I think.)

basically its to give the big guys some damage to lay on the squishies, and some farming. without losing his heal (cuz i find its a big part of him to constantly be healing since ur eating all the damage you can)

But i see your point maybe a bit less heal since he gets damage with the Q.

thanks for the input!

Mystifi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2011

Why not make his Ulti instead of stunning them, it slows and fears them when they land:

Reason: if you got lifted up in the air and then smacked down, you wouldn't be getting up and walking away from it. you would be hazed and almost unable to move. plus you would be scared wouldent you? This would alos give alistar more initiation.

OurOnlyPlanB

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifi View Post
Why not make his Ulti instead of stunning them, it slows and fears them when they land:

Reason: if you got lifted up in the air and then smacked down, you wouldn't be getting up and walking away from it. you would be hazed and almost unable to move. plus you would be scared wouldent you? This would alos give alistar more initiation.
But would give him, a toss, stun, fear, slow, knock up, pushing, and damage.

thats too much CC for 1 hero.

i get what ur saying but you gotta remember, these are the strongest and finest warriors in all the land. they could keep going and would not be feared.

(i feel it would make his ult outrageous and is too much for 1 hero to have)

thanks for the input

Anperm

Senior Recruiter

04-14-2011

nice job