looking for new AP carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SUUPASPEED

07-02-2011

Orianna get over 500 AP and the shield doesn't break not to mention the low CD on all her abilities. I think she is a great addition to any team. No matter if you don't her or not try her out, maybe duo with a friend and play the support role for early game/mid game, stack gold per 5 items HoG, phil stone, and a pick, then stack ap and health.

JOEYVIET

07-02-2011

Swain being tanky isn't a bad thing. He's considered one of the best ap carries and has infinite laning power. Learn to last hitmand you get mana. Mana bikes you an ult that with 4 secondsmcan gove you full health. Swain is also able to 1v3 and win

Minahs Day

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vraatjuh View Post
kog is not viable higher elo, swain is too tanky and nothing like a burst champ like anivia.

Kassadin is an option, though I doubt his effectiveness in high elo.
Kog'Maw has been good ever since his buff.

His slow is easier to hit, meaning it's actually a good escape spell now, it's a pretty nasty slow too. He has decent ratios. He can check and bush. He deals crazy damage, just learn to build him right. Don't go full AD, he's hybrid.

Offensive Items for Kog'Maw :

Hextech Gunblade, Nashor's Tooth, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Tri Force, Lich Bane, Frozen Mallet, Malady, Wit's End, Madred's, Black Cleaver, Void Staff

Defensive Items for Kog'Maw :

Thornmail, Banshee's Veil, Frozen Heart, Guardian Angel

I personally go

Sorc Shoes, Madred's, Guinsoo's, Tri Force, GA, Malady/Void Staff depending on the enemy team's MR.

Anyway, back to the casters.

Kassadin, Cho'Gath, Ryze, Lux, Cassiopeia are also good choices. Along with Vladimir.

Kassadin is a hit and run AoE/Anti-Mage champion. Cho'Gath is maximum unmitigated burst. 1:1, 0.7, 0.5(true damage) ratios. Ryze is a constant, tanky DPS mage with good burst. Lux is a good nuke with long CDs but with Lich Bane has nasty burst. Cassiopeia is sustained damage, AoE stun/soft nuke and damage over time. She also has a pretty good lane phase. Vladimir is constant DPS, healing, tanky DPS ******.

Brand isn't an AP carry imo. Long CDs, high mana costs, low ratios, high base damage. What hurts is his ultimate + fire pillar.

Orianna is good too, she has short CDs, low mana costs, low ratios. She seems a lot more fluid than Brand and has a great AoE CC.

Pyroxite

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vraatjuh View Post
Playing anivia as main AP carry, and looking for another one besides her.
She needs to be viable on high elo (1700+)

I dont want annie, because I think she is boring to play.
I dont want malz, because he gets picked/banned to often.

I do want brand or oriana but not sure which would be most viable.

So Brand or Oriana or maybe another caster I missed. Needs to be a hard AP carry, so no gragas or things like that.
Brand is a good choice. Eye-popping damage and good aoe. It's too bad you don't like Annie, because in my opinion she's one of the best AP Carries in the game.

AP TF is a good one. You might give Cassi a whirl too, just because at high ELOs her squishiness should be less of a factor and her ult is great for team fights. That's just my guess though, I've never played her in ranked.

trancepticom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

whats point of posting if your only gonna pick champs u think would do well at high elo? you just shut everyone down and said their not viable. sounds like you already have a list of champs that are the only ones u think are viable, mind sharing which champs these are? curious