looking for new AP carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vraatjuh

07-02-2011

Playing anivia as main AP carry, and looking for another one besides her.
She needs to be viable on high elo (1700+)

I dont want annie, because I think she is boring to play.
I dont want malz, because he gets picked/banned to often.

I do want brand or oriana but not sure which would be most viable.

So Brand or Oriana or maybe another caster I missed. Needs to be a hard AP carry, so no gragas or things like that.

JOEYVIET

07-02-2011

Swain. He perfectly viable and is just as good as malz anivia and orianna. He just takes time to learn

Xlan59

07-02-2011

Kassadin. His ultimate makes him different then most nukes and if you're solo lanning, and your opponent isn't humping the tower, your basically garenteed a kill at level 6-7 once you have your ulti.

Doctor Baldhead

07-02-2011

Kog'Maw is viable as an AP carry if you're willing to put in the time, and he has an active and skill-intensive playstyle similar to Anivia. He has pretty much unparalleled poking power with his ultimate, along with two 0.7 ratio spells, one of which debuffs armor and MR by 25, and the other of which leaves behind an AoE slow.

He's capable of acting like a pseudo-AD carry as well, hitting very hard with W on (11% max life per attack with 500 AP).

Vraatjuh

07-02-2011

kog is not viable higher elo, swain is too tanky and nothing like a burst champ like anivia.

Kassadin is an option, though I doubt his effectiveness in high elo.

Doctor Baldhead

07-02-2011

Mind explaining why Kog isn't viable? I'm actually curious, not offended or anything. Is it because he doesn't have a stun?

He has great pokes and decent ratios, and he farms pretty well.

VBandSelecta

07-02-2011

I would definitely go with Brand. It is easy to keep stacks with him and get super farmed. He is quit nasty.

Same with Orianna. She is more of a support caster, like Karma but not terrible. Both are pretty viable, I would say. Brand is hella squishy though. (Compared to Orianna.) And has no protection.

Crissan

07-02-2011

Twisted Fate is the most fun and versatile Ap champion IMO

Clompy

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vraatjuh View Post
kog is not viable higher elo, swain is too tanky and nothing like a burst champ like anivia.

Kassadin is an option, though I doubt his effectiveness in high elo.
No offense, but this sounds really lazy to me. Any of these champs can do well at high ELO if you're good enough with them. The same could be said for any champ in this game. If you were looking for the easiest AP carry in the game so you wouldn't have to practice, then why don't you just ask that? All that being said, I like Vladimir even with all the unnecessary nerfs.

Vraatjuh

07-02-2011

Kog is not viable because he is easily countered, hes squishy, has no escapes, has no stun and is just far from as good as some of the other AP casters.

@Clompy :') easiest huh? Thats why I play anivia and asking for brand/oriana and not annie. Bull****e argument all champions can be played, because they cant. If u play a twitch on top elo you will lose 99% of the games.

TF I don't like, deffo not since they are going to nerf his ulti very soon.