Dr. Mundo the Killer TankChampion: Dr. Mundo Summoner Spells: Heal, Ghost Mastery B

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armstrong 707

04-11-2010

Champion: Dr. Mundo

Summoner Spells: Heal, Ghost

Mastery Build: 22/8/0

Rune Build

• 9x Greater Mark of Desolation (17.64 Armor Penetration)
  • 9x Greater Seal of Resilience (12.69 Armor)
  • 9x Greater Glyph of Warding (13.41 Magic Resist)
  • 3x Greater Quintessence of Fortitude (97.2 Health)

Item Build Order

1. Doran's Shield - 120 Health, 8 Health Regen, 8 Armor.
  2. Health Potion - Click: Restores 200 Health over 20 seconds.
  3. Force of Nature - 76 Magic Resist, 40 Health Regen, 8 Movement Speed. UNIQUE Passive: Restores 0.35% of your champion's health every second.
  4. Boots of Swiftness - UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement 3
  5. Warmog's Armor - 770 Health, 30 Health Regen. Passive: Permanently gain 3.6 Health and .5 Health Regen per 5 sec per minion kill. Champion kills grant 36 Health and 5 Health Regen per 5 sec. Bonuses cap at +450 Health, and +62.5 Health Regen per 5.
  6. Frozen Mallet - 700 Health, 20 Attack Damage. UNIQUE Passive: Physical attacks reduce your target's Movement Speed for 2.5 seconds.
  7. Sunfire Cape - 450 Health, 45 Armor. Passive: Deals 40 Magic Damage a second to nearby enemies.
  8. Thornmail - 100 Armor. UNIQUE Passive: On being hit by standard attacks, returns 25% of damage taken as magic damage.

Ability Rank Order

1. Q (Infected Cleaver)
  2. E (Masochism)
  3. Q
  4. E
  5. Q
  6. R (Sadism)
  7. Q
  8. E
  9. Q
  10. E
  11. R
  12. E
  13. W (Burning Agony)
  14. W
  15. W
  16. W
  17. R
  18. W

Combined Stats At 18

Calculated as base stats at 18 + rune bonuses + item bonuses.

• Health: 4261.2
  • Health Per 5 Sec: 98
  • Mana: 0
  • Mana Per 5 Sec: 0
  • Armor: 254.69 (71% physical damage reduction)
  • Magic Resist: 128.41 (56% magic damage reduction)
  • Attack Damage: 128.12
  • Critical Strike Chance: 10.65%
  • Attack Range: 125
  • Movement Speed: 437.24 (after diminishing returns)
  • Ability Power: 0
  • Attack Speed: 0%
  • Life Steal: 0%
  • Armor Penetration: 17.64
  • Magic Penetration: 0
  • Cooldown Reduction: 0%
  • Dodge: 0% (after diminishing returns)
  • Bonus Gold Per 10 Sec: 0
  • Bonus Experience: 0%
  • Death Time Reduction: 0%

Passive Bonuses

When fully equipped, the following passive bonuses will be in effect.

• Click: Restores 200 Health over 20 seconds.
  • UNIQUE Passive: Restores 0.35% of your champion's health every second.
  • UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement 3
  • Passive: Permanently gain 3.6 Health and .5 Health Regen per 5 sec per minion kill. Champion kills grant 36 Health and 5 Health Regen per 5 sec. Bonuses cap at +450 Health, and +62.5 Health Regen per 5.
  • UNIQUE Passive: Physical attacks reduce your target's Movement Speed for 2.5 seconds.
  • Passive: Deals 40 Magic Damage a second to nearby enemies.
  • UNIQUE Passive: On being hit by standard attacks, returns 25% of damage taken as magic damage.

Explanation

It is said that the man now known as Dr. Mundo was born in the city of Zaun without any sort of conscience. Instead, he had an unquenchable desire to inflict pain through experimentation. By the time he was five, most of the pets in the neighborhood had gone missing. By his teenage years, his parents were nowhere to be found. By the time he had legally acquired his license to practice medicine, he had been acquitted of 38 charges of murder by the Zaun authorities; the lack of evidence made prosecution impossible. Unfortunately, the city-state of Noxus regards such behavior as a sign of initiative and ambition, rather than inhumanity. Dr. Mundo was recruited to fight for Noxus in the League of Legends. He continues his experiments to this day, even using himself as an experimental subject.

''Beware the Madman of Zaun. In his eyes, you are already dead.''

Welcome to my first guide on this wonderful website. So first off i'll go thru a Skill rundown and tell you about each of his 4 ability's.

Passive: Adrenaline Rush: Dr. Mundo gains an additional 0.03% health Regen of total maximum health. (Great passive that helps lets you spam your Infected Cleavers right from the start)

1st Skill: Infected Cleaver: Dr. Mundo Hurls a Cleaver to a target location dealing a % of the targets Current health and reduces there movement speed for 2 seconds. (This is my favorite skill of his, not only does it hurt the enemy but it slows them a bit too making it great for slowing a fleeing enemy, finishing off creeps, or just harassing the enemy champions. this will be your main skill throughout the game. You know what Dr. Mundo's favorite Movie is right? Leave it to Cleaver."

2nd Skill: Burning Agony: Dr. Mundo releases his rage causing any enemy around him to take magic damage per second and also while active will reduce ALL crowd control effects by 25% (It is a good skill but I don't find any use for it early game unless you're facing heavy stunners in which case I get 1 point early. Other then that it's great for late game during team fights when you get in the thick of the battle and need to hurt anything and everything.)

3rd Skill: Masochism: Dr. Mundo deals extra damage for a short duration and gains even more damage for every % of health he is missing. (I find this skill great for early ganking after you've harassed the enemy a bit and they have low hp that's when you activate this go up and give them a few whacks to finish them off.)

4th Skill (Ultimate): Sadism: Removes 20% of current health but gains 50% of his maximum health back over 12 seconds. in addition increases his movement speed greatly. (This is my favorite ult. it allows you to stay in the field indefinitely and also is great for chasing down a fast moving target who thinks they are getting away.)

And now that you know a little about his skills lets begin. Right off the bat you'll want to buy Doran's sheild and 1x Health potion. The armor, Health, and health regen boost from Doran's sheild is good for a nice start with Mundo. Once you buy those items head to your lane and run up to the first bush and throw an infected Cleaver down the bush if you hear a loud "Thwack" sound then there are enemy Champions in the bush just waiting to gank you, and you should move back and wait for minions to spawn unless your lane partner is there and you are confident that you, and your partner can gank the bush dwellers. If there is no sound then proceed to move down the bush to the gap in the middle and before running into the other bush Hurl another cleaver down the bush and listen for that ever so satisfying sound. Once the minions spawn farm the minions to the best of you ability using your Cleaver is a great way to finish them off from a distance to get that gold. Also every chance you get throw a cleaver at your enemy reducing there health and slowing them it will pay off in the end when you have full hp and they have almost none, Don't forget to use your health potion if you need to because not everyone can avoid some attacks. Now I like to go buy the health regen required to buy the Force of Nature, then I buy the Boots of Swiftness, then the rest of the Force of Nature. Once you hit level 6 and get your Ult up you and your lane partner should push as hard as you can and destroy your lanes turret if not already, Once you've done that you're free to jungle or gank till your hearts content. Make sure you buy items when you get enough money as they help allot, and you might want to buy spare health pots until you get life steal as sometimes your ult is in cool down and you need some HP. Now if you want you can replace one of your items with the Guardian Angel which will revive you, which is perfect when your on a killing spree.

If you want you can change Ghost to Exhaust, but I i like to use ghost to chase and to run back to my lane. Also, when teamed with Sadism(ult), and the Boots of Swiftness, his movement speed reaches about 607 at level 18.

A good lane partner for Dr. Mundo is Soraka, cause she can sit there and heal him constantly. a good team member when everyone is level 18 is Zilean, using his speed boost and his ult which will revive Mundo. Heimer is also good cause of his passive of health regen.

Lprsti99

04-11-2010

First: His passive regenerates 0.3% of his health per second, not 0.03%.

Second, I don't really care for your build. I prefer to get a regrowth pendant first, as all he REALLY needs is the regen for cleaver spam (also, it allows you to constantly use masochism to last hit/harass if the enemy gets close). If you're good with the cleavers, you won't need the armor, as you'll out harass most enemies. Likewise, I build warmogs first, as FoN, while good on him, relies on having a lot of health, and the earlier you get the warmogs, the earlier you start building the warmogs stacks.

Next, I'll usually get some boots 1, then buy a spirit visage, as the CDR is nice, but the extra healing is awesome, as it boosts his ult (not sure how much, it goes from 50% regened to either 65% or 80%, depending on how the math works). Then, if the enemy team has a lot of stuns, I'll get merc treads, as they and agony stack (something like a 70% reduction at level 5 agony), plus it's nice if you get caught by surprise, and don't have agony up (it doesn't happen often, but when it does, it sucks). If they're light on stuns, I go for the swiftness boots.

Next I get phage, then usually build towards an impaler for stupid amounts of damage when combined with masochism. THEN I finish mallet, and build FoN (unless I'm getting killed a lot, which is rare, but I'll build a guardian angel). Usually the game doesn't last that long, though.

Also, for runes, I like to get crit chance marks, then health and movespeed for the rest. Mundo's not a tank, he's DPS, and he gets almost all of the survivability he needs from his ult, passive regen, and CC reduction. For spells, I got Teleport, and either Ghost or Cleanse.

EchoRex

04-11-2010

First: Wow, terrible item build, heavy tank with no stacking of attack speed means you're irrelevant.

Second: Inaccuracies in abilities.

sainthero

04-11-2010

Somewhere in there I saw "summoner spells : heal" I stopped reading after that.

EDIT: just checked people's profile in game, i'm not going in here for builds anymore.

finalfantasyzeal

04-11-2010

As a (decently) experienced Mundo player, I am fairly certain this item build is absolutely terrible.

Firstly: Neglects Spirit Visage, arguably the most synergistic defensive item for Mundo, turns his ult from useful to powrerful.

Second: This build gives you no attack speed or damage, which hampers your killing and pushing abilities

Thirdly: Mundo cannot be built well as a pure tank, because Mundo has no initiating moves. Cleaver does not do enough to be considered an initiator, and if Mundo charges in with Ghost, or uses Flash, then he is still squishy enough to get FF'd down quick, even with his ult blazing.

While the guide is well organized and decently written, I feel that you may want to look at some DPS builds, as they are more commonly used by the good Mundo players.

Carados

04-11-2010

Why would a good enemy ever attack you, and not the trist who is behind you?

mOeeOm

04-11-2010

Okay, ignoring the rest of the guide.

The hell with taking armor seals instead of dodge and the hell with not getting 9 point for dodge talent in defense, why do you stop at 8 :S

GetDingerlold

04-12-2010

I believe tanking builds are pretty effective with mundo to move in on a fight and BAIT BAIT BAIT the shiz out of the team. mundo is vicious in the beggining when it comes to fighting squishies in a lane.
I love to bait with mundo so my team unloads on them after they FF.

Dps Mundo is good, yes i know ecspecially on TT

When it comes to tanking and baiting and some good killing potential. TANK

This build is not very good even do for tanking mundo.

FatHamburger

04-12-2010

very very bad guide. Why would you want ghost as summoner spells? wtf.

Here are some spells worth considering: cleanse (for healing reduction debuff), rally, heal yes, flash maybe, exhaust, smite (if on tt).

Your ulti is a massive speed boost, taking ghost is over kill You take it because you are a baddy who is always out of position and who cant use his ulti? wat?

also: you don't need to stack health regen early so you can cleaver spam, just man up.

here are some builds off the top of my head, rough order, figure that out yourself: dorans shield, spirit visage, leviathan, merc treads (90% of the time this is best choice, think about tabi or speed if not the best), starks. after starks here are some nice items: atmas, phantom dancer, fort pot.

runes: armour pen red, dodge yellow, health quints, flat health blue.

masteries: 21/9/0, 9/21/0. What I do is 13/17. Get the magic pen adn armour pen in attack, and spec into cleanse and get the flat health from defence.

bad mundos do the following: buy warmogs, stack health regen, don't take cleanse.

Madlenka

04-12-2010

If you want to make Ashe, Tristana and Annie pee in their panties when they see you, DPS Mundo all the way.

Want to play a tank? Pick Alistair, Shen, Malphite or Ramnus instead.