Help with Shaco, to anyone who has anything to offer ^^

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VBandSelecta

07-01-2011

I want to start jungling with Shaco. I think, especially after Eve's nerf, having an invisible-type jungler is still a little viable. (And annoying, as well.)

This is the way my jungle path is:

Double box in front of double golems.
Box near red.
Smite big wraith.
Throw down another box in front of red.
Get double golems.
Shiv red. Start to fight it. Throw box behind it. Kill it.

Gank?

I haven't played it in a real game yet, BUT I think this is the path people use these days?

Anyways, I am just looking for some tips on how other people would play Shaco.

Thanks! ^^

crzymdscntst

07-01-2011

Well... the traditional way to Jungle Shaco is to spam boxes at the blue Golem right behind where it spawns, this way, they initiate, the golem turns around to hit them and you can get bonus damage from your passive.

A tactic others use is to place boxes away from a swarm where they won't trigger and then hit a jungle minion and lead them all to it.

Stonewall is apparently the go-to for Jungleplay He has a guide somewhere for it. Otherwise I would personally advise trying out Mobafire or Leaguecraft. Both have pretty decent guides all around.

Bazerald

07-01-2011

I have runes and masteries to back me up when I go jungle Shaco, but I typically just get a red pot and an attack speed dagger (forget what they're called). Then I run over to blue, spam boxes, kill that, run around doing my thing all the way to golems, start stacking boxes before my blue buff wears off in front of red, kill that, finish my dagger and make aspd boots, and then go ganking.

It typically works good for me (I don't use smite, btw). Everyone has their own preferances.

WhatIsLoveBaby

07-01-2011

9/10 people know this is exactly what shaco does, chances are when you go to gank they wont give you the opportunity and you will have wished you started at blue.

I usually start at blue, if the enemy has a jungler I drop a box near his red. While I have blue I try and drop as many JiTBs as I can for my teammates without gimping my leveling too much (This helps tremendously at establishing your presence). After (normally) starting like that I get a feel for how the lanes are flowing, so Ill go and pick up red and head to the lane most likely to leave me an opening at that point in time. Dont get me wrong, if your up against some scrubs who obviously dont know what theyre doing then yeah by all means go for that early gank with red... but if everyone is running flash and their other favorite summoner spell of choice (Exhaust/cleanse/clair) then I wouldnt count on them being ignorant (though some of them will surely be)

How are you building him?

VBandSelecta

07-02-2011

Honestly, I couldn't even tell you how I would build him. I know he is hard to get started, and doesn't farm well so you need to rely on ganks constantly to get cash. (Or jungle efficiently.)

I would go this route with items.
Madreds Razor > Graves > Bloodthirster > Bloodrazor.

And then from there, I wouldn't really know where to go. I guess I would base it upon the enemy team. Probably Black Cleaver, maybe a Phage into a Frozen Mallet for health? Who knows. I always have been a fan of Phantom Dancers/Bloodthirsters. Not gonna lie.

WhatIsLoveBaby

07-02-2011

Phantom dancers arent too bad, works with his passive very well. Bloodthirster and Phantom dancer is nice if you dont overestimate what your capable of with them. Bloodrazer is good, but expensive... if you cant afford it dont lose the game saving up for it. If you need it but cant afford it think about buying DFG, it often works better with how shaco operates. Plus it will increase your shiv damage alot, and give you its passive back sooner. Dont worry to much about getting more AP unless you really need to (Zonyas is great for when your ulti is down) I normally always go for a +crit, +dmg, +LS build, but dont neglect your defenses, and always try to 3 steps ahead of your enemy... in tactics and item builds