Counter Gangplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerodynamic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2011

A lot of people have been posting threads about how to counter gangplank. Many have stated that armor is the solution. Yes, this helps. However many people don't understand how to deal with a crazy auto attacker since Riot hasn't really churned out many DPS auto attackers in a while. The last one was Caitlyn, but for the most part champs have been spell based, making banshee's an even better item than it already is.

To fight old champs that are seemingly OP, (they're not, its just been a while since we've had to deal with them) You have to fight fire with fire. You must pick the old champs that use to counter such champions.

Nasus- IMO the number 1 anti carry with Wither

Teemo- A clutch blind can win that team fight.

Heimer- Eh I almost don't even want to recommend Heimer because he's in such a bad spot, but he could work.

Blitzcrank- Stopping people from doing what they wanted to do since he came out

Alistar- Same as blitz

Rammus- No tank deals with DPS auto attackers better

Janna- Like winning games? Janna is ready to completely mess up anything, any champ can throw at her.

Soraka- Her heal gives people armor.

Taric- Heal, Stun, and Aura of armor. If he gets aegis then your team will be sitting pretty.

Tryndamere- Believe it or not, but Trynd can actually use his chicken at the start of a fight to reduce the enemies AD damage. I love this spell.

Zilean- Not only can this old dude shut down his lane, he can also speed up his allies like no other. His ult can pretty much save that important person that just got bursted down too.

I could go on, but the fact of the matter is, there are plenty of ways to deal with gangplank, but the meta game has changed so much, that gangplank got left in the dust. So many champions became spell based, that Auto attackers like Yi, Trynd, and Gangplank became obsolete, only to die in an instant. The buffs that gangplank got were pretty necessary to fix an outdated champion.

Let's face it, this game can not be balanced. It also shouldn't be. Champions should be over powered at certain points in the game. There should be champions that have an uphill struggle, fall off, do great 1v1, do terrible 1 v 1, suck at team fights and rock at team fights. That's what makes the game fun. Choices of play style. Right now the real reason why gangplank is OP, is because no one wants to change their game play style to counter him. I've been picking Nasus, and have absolutely no problem with Gangplank, even against ones that have been rolling hard.

As for ranked, people just ban him, so this advise is really only for normal games. Have fun with your nostalgia.

Daimonion

07-12-2011

Is Teemos blinding dart blocking his parrrley? I can't tell, when im in the middle of a teamfight, is he able to shoot me or not.

Retsopmi

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimonion View Post
Is Teemos blinding dart blocking his parrrley? I can't tell, when im in the middle of a teamfight, is he able to shoot me or not.
No, blind only stops auto attacks not abilities.