Trinity Force + Vayne Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RushinRoulet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2011

Maybe there are other posts about this, but with Vayne's fresh nerfs I am wondering if Trinity is viable. On a mobafire guide I'm reading apparently sheen is a good item to build early and then go into trinity even before phantom. Just would like some community input. The ability power just seems like a waste but I understand that it is apparently a good item for the 150% damage after a tumble and the survivability. No stance on it, just asking for some input.

RushinRoulet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2011

-_- Must bump myself

7thHeaven

07-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushinRoulet View Post
Maybe there are other posts about this, but with Vayne's fresh nerfs I am wondering if Trinity is viable. On a mobafire guide I'm reading apparently sheen is a good item to build early and then go into trinity even before phantom. Just would like some community input. The ability power just seems like a waste but I understand that it is apparently a good item for the 150% damage after a tumble and the survivability. No stance on it, just asking for some input.
150% of base dmg, not count rune or item

Autocthon

07-01-2011

Ehhhh...

It's a fair deal of spike damage, but if you wanna know if it is goingto affect your sustained damage just look at any AD item you would replace it with then ask yourself "If I get that will I get more than 50DPS?"

HomeSkilletz

07-02-2011

it would pretty much proc with every tumble. That would change her playstyle so her autoattack damage went really low, but you could tumble -> 325% base damage. (100% from normal damage, 75% from tumble, 150% from triforce). This would be incredibly powerful for poking and harass, but in a teamfight where DPS/autoattacking comes in play, you'd be better off with a true DPS item. So it just depends on your playstyle if you are patient and like harassing or prefer charging in for normal dps.

Also I didn't mention triforce adds some toughness/the slow can really prevent weak champs from escaping so some extra utility there vs DPS items.

GoldDraco

07-02-2011

There are several ways to gear vayne. AS, On Hit, Raw Damage etc.

Trinity is nice on the raw damage build. 2 shots stacking truesilver, tumble into third proccing triforce. HITS HARD. This is a kind of deceptive burst but it's honestly undermining of what vayne can do. It does work but vaynes main focus is in being able to drop tanky champs fast which usually means AS or On Hit. The raw damage build DESTROYS squishies.

So it's best against teams that favored low health champs at champ selection.

Alphascrub

07-02-2011

My suggestion? Possibly Rush sheen, but don't rush Trinity force. I usually prefer a madreds before Trinity. Madreds + silver bolt is own vs any meaty character.

Personal Vayne Item flow chart

Sheen > Boots > Madred's Bloodrazor > Merc treads > BF sword > Trinity force > IE > QS > Bloodthirster

-I have been known to rush QS early if my lane is CC happy (Sion/Taric, kill me now) or my team agrees it might be a prolonged laning phase.
-If I don't start with a doran blade I usually get a vamp scepter after I get rank 1 boots.
-On a side note Quicksilver sash is pretty much amazing in any game It gets rid of nasty things like ignite, Mord ulti, any CC, Vlad ulti, ect... I think it gets rid of TF ulti and correctly timed a Karthus ulti but yea I haven't tested this all that much yet.

Yes I know my build is very costly, and very very similar to Phreak's if you want to call it his build go for it, all I know is it hasn't failed me yet.

The only real thing that can fail as Vayne is you. Fail to build properly, or Fail to fight properly....Wow, probably way more than you were looking for. Sorry.