Riot Should Release Omen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brendan11015000

03-19-2014

I feel that Omen is a really good choice to have released because the void champs are outnumber. But seriously there is already abilities for omen that would make him a very effective jungle and he is some one that is needed to add variety to the league. Also google Jurrasic Kog and you will see a skeletal version of omen already so there is already a skin ready.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg KogMaw_7.jpg (171.4 KB, 98 views)

IceHound

03-19-2014

Omen looks awfully like Vex from dawngate, those guys need to work on their game being original since I swear almost ever shaper they've made so far was taken off another MOBA...

Anyways, I disagree, Omen doesn't look like he'll fit into the league, maybe they could redskin him but otherwise that I'm not for it.

SecretLore

03-20-2014

you say omen could be a good jungler....but he was supposed to be an adc...

Overall Riot is currently going with the "every-champ needs a special core-theme"-philosophy.
garen is a knight,zed is a shadow master,vel'koz is a beholder,Zac is a blob monster,etc. and omen simply lacks in that department,as he is just some random creature with a grin and spikes on its back

FantasySniper

03-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretLore View Post
Overall Riot is currently going with the "every-champ needs a special core-theme"-philosophy.
garen is a knight,zed is a shadow master,vel'koz is a beholder,Zac is a blob monster,etc. and omen simply lacks in that department,as he is just some random creature with a grin and spikes on its back
With a name like "Omen", is it really that hard to come up with a good motivation for him?

SecretLore

03-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasySniper View Post
With a name like "Omen", is it really that hard to come up with a good motivation for him?
name doesn't mean anything,vel'koz could be called batman and he would still be a beholder.

Even if you try to force some core-theme into him it would only result in a sub-optimal version of what you could do,especially since the design of a champ should already give you a good impression of what he/she/it is.

HigeR

03-21-2014

I don't particularly think that's Omen on Koggles skin splash O.o if anything it looks more like Kha'zix if it had his mantis front legs.

Now, I don't think Omen is the best fit for LoL; I think that having a trickster from the void could be interesting, as well as having a 4 legged void creature (Currently all of them stand in 2 and Vel'koz... floats and has 3?) but Omen is not IT, he looks very generic... spikey, dark and grinning demon...

If Omen looked a little bit more like this: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...b/DemonCat.png (hehe) it'd be hella more interesting as a character.

So what I'm saying is: Omen's inherent background is interesting and could be a nice addition to the league but his current model needs a lot more work for it to be recognizable (is he an ADC? a mage? a jungler???) and memorable!

SecretLore

03-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigeR View Post
I don't particularly think that's Omen on Koggles skin splash O.o if anything it looks more like Kha'zix if it had his mantis front legs.

Now, I don't think Omen is the best fit for LoL; I think that having a trickster from the void could be interesting, as well as having a 4 legged void creature (Currently all of them stand in 2 and Vel'koz... floats and has 3?) but Omen is not IT, he looks very generic... spikey, dark and grinning demon...

If Omen looked a little bit more like this: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...b/DemonCat.png (hehe) it'd be hella more interesting as a character.

So what I'm saying is: Omen's inherent background is interesting and could be a nice addition to the league but his current model needs a lot more work for it to be recognizable (is he an ADC? a mage? a jungler???) and memorable!
I actually think giving omen more catlike features would be fitting.
I mean he has already this huge chesire cat grin,so why not go the full route and make him more like one?
tricksy feline predator who can turn invisible from the void would be cool.

In that case the spikes would be most likely lost,but they are more or less one of omens big design problems in the first place(should he be a creature who primarly shoots spikes or should he be more of a melee fighter who attacks with his claws)