Art Spotlight - Leona, the Radiant Dawn

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ocelot

07-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averyen Patriot View Post
She better not have an annoying voice actor.
I hope she has a nice calm voice like Anivia. Man, the hater's probably wont like that. But let's face, it who realy care's about them?

mr captain

07-01-2011

hudos to the artists who did this. truely it is amazing to watch these champions come to life from what starts off as rough shapes and some color

Sampsomonium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2011

I LOVE this art and share it with my students every time a new one comes out BUT I have a small request.

This one was WAY too fast...almost made me motion sick in some parts. I think your artist is getting faster and so it makes it harder for us to follow at that speed. I don't mind watching a 10 min video to see it all.

Maybe I am the only one of this opinion but could you slow it down just a bit?

shave me O vvv O

07-01-2011

Face was done incredibly well.
However, I hate the sunset concept in most of the art renditions you guys portray.
The murky orange/yellow gives the art a very faint dull look.
I would have rather wanted to see her in the peak of the mountains covered in snow, where the light would be more of a white and pale blue. Rather than the light being set in one spot.
Art is done well, its just I'm not fond of the sunset concept, something like "High Command Katarina" type skin would have "Wow'd" us.
Still looking forward to new skins, hopefully you wont disappoint~

Tizjiz

07-01-2011

Durr Hurr can I join the argument about FANTASY armor designs!? I mean really FANTASY armor should look like REAL armor. I mean really. Yeah.

While we are at it can we explain where Katarina, Caitlyn, Gangplank, Miss Fortune and Tristana keep their ammo?

meat rampage

07-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekron View Post

Oh and for the "tanks must be big" faction ill put it blunt and simple:
1. Size and Constitution dont matter a flying **** in this game so why should this be an exception?
2. No one likes tall plump girls, its a fact, deal with it.
I hope riot is paying you the big bucks for your personal opinions and vulgar language... being a official Riot forum monkey member, and an apparent "guiding member of the community" and all... you say 'your in no way affiliated with riot', yet there you are with your shiny 'council' badge under your user-name. Me thinks it will be short-lived.

...But, in the spirit of your offensive post... your f***in wrong.
Not every dude likes beanpoles with fake jugs, or catwalk bimbos... give me a thick woman with some hips and a booty over a scrawny fake barbie ho, any day... less attitude, less baggage, hella more fun!

Crepuscularity

07-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shave me O vvv O View Post
Face was done incredibly well.
However, I hate the sunset concept in most of the art renditions you guys portray.
The murky orange/yellow gives the art a very faint dull look.
I would have rather wanted to see her in the peak of the mountains covered in snow, where the light would be more of a white and pale blue. Rather than the light being set in one spot.
Art is done well, its just I'm not fond of the sunset concept, something like "High Command Katarina" type skin would have "Wow'd" us.
Still looking forward to new skins, hopefully you wont disappoint~
I agree with the lighting comments. It looks great, but theoretically would look even more amazing with some contrasting light/colors. I think it's supposed to be reminiscent of much older painting styles where artists didn't have access to as much variety or to give it an almost antiqued look. She certainly looks Renaissance fantasy punk.

And can I just clarify for those who keep trying to trash everyone giving their opinion? If you really don't care as you say you do, why do you care how other people critique it? Just be quiet and stop trying to tell people they're wrong.

"Get over it, it's a dumb fantasy game anyway." Why is that an excuse? We want to create something amazing here!

Kimimaro49

07-01-2011

Imo you should have let her have straight hair like in the concept art.
And the Armor also would be better if you stuck to the concept art imo.
I mean the red is kinda ugly and she looks way worse than in her work in progress art.
A tank has to have more armor than just around the brest, legs and shoulders imo.

Just compare the two pics and you will know what i mean

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...:Leona_WIP.jpg
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...wn/SkinsTrivia

Gormashnit

07-01-2011

Just a question on colors -

Why did you pick gold and purple instead of gold and red like Kayle?

Crepuscularity

07-01-2011

Just watch the additional skins be like "Hippy Leona" and "Commando Leona".