Jax after the nerf - thoughts, suggestions? Help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SabbathViper

04-11-2010

So after the recent AP nerf, what are some good builds for Jax? I recently bought him, not because he was overpowered before, but I just love Melee, and I have Malphite (my favorite tank) and wanted a melee DPS. Jax just seems so cool as a character (he looks awesome, skills seem cool, etc).

So what is it? Attack Damage, or IAS? Or is AP still the best?

What kind of runes to aim for (I'm only level 7)?

Etc.

Vicioso

04-11-2010

The AP nerf isn't that bad at all really and how you play him should depend on your team comp and the enemy team comp. IE if your team has no AP dmg, the enemy team has very low hp champions, going AP isn't a bad idea since you can nuke them down fast. Also I find that the magic resist from lich bane, banshee's, and merc treads means that I take negligible dmg from casters, so if there are casters or you see people building AP on the other team, shoot for AP yourself. Of course, the opposite could be true. If you need to build against physical dps, then going AD jax with the typical, tabi, guinsoo, levi, atmas is a good idea. The AD build will usually give you more hp as well, enhancing the survivability you need in prolonged melee encounters. I find jax enjoyable because he is very flexible in what build you choose and he can be built to beat down on almost all champions so even when people use mages as his "counter" you can still shut them down if you play smart and build m resist and nuking potential. Also, now that AP has been nerfed it's fun to roll face with AP builds since noobs have less of an excuse to call him OP

Tarlol

04-11-2010

The AP nerf isn't that bad. Jax's AP damage is just reasonable now, instead of ridiculous.

Johnny Napalm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-11-2010

An AD build is almost completely unaffected. An AP build just got slightly nerfed.

If you're looking for a good AD build, then-
1) Doran's Shield + Potion (If you've got high level runes, you can replace this with a Regrowth or even a long sword. until then, Doran's)
2) boots > armour > Ninja Tabi.
3) Pickaxe > wand > guinsoo's.
4) (IF YOU'RE DOING WELL AND NEED TO CHASE) sword>gem>Phage.
4) (IF YOU'RE CARRYING REALLY HARD / BEING FED) Sword of Occult/Mejai's.
4) (IF YOU'RE NOT DOING GREAT AND WANT TO BE CREDIT TO TEAM) Scepter > Bead > Emblem > Recurve > Stark's
5) (IF YOU HAVE PHAGE) Frozen Mallet
5) Atma's Impaler
6) Up to you. I like to go either Phage or Atma's if I don't have the other yet, Banshee's Veil if I'm being targetted by casters (As Jax, you WILL be), or BLOODTHIRSTER for a disgusting amount of damage+health and lifesteal.
7) Sell Doran's, pick up something nice. (Banshee's Veil, Atma's, Frozen, BLOODTHIRSTER's, Starks - whatever you don't have yet and do want)

Also if you've got 300G to spare, picking up a Red Elixir adds an amazing amount of damage/health.

EDIT: Control the Lizard Buff. You benefit from it more than ALMOST any other hero. You can solo it as soon as you get your ult, but you might want to blue pill right after unless you have a good deal of lifesteal to help. Golem is nice, not necessary, and you can solo dragon at 6 too.

Hyfe

04-11-2010

^ This + bloodthirster.

Jax AD core build is tabi and rageblade, then add atmas, phage->mallet, bloodthirster, banshees if you need it.

There's a good guide on leaguecraft.com by crayz.

Johnny Napalm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-11-2010

Meant to write Bloodthirster, not executioner's. My bad.

Kavanah