Sampling Characters before Purchase

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ixsha

04-26-2010

they already give you 10 champions weekly to try, this isn't needed

JoeRoberts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoywolf View Post
If you look at the list for free hero on the home page and go to the link, they have a spreadsheet of which champions have been free from the very start and all that good data as well. Check it out
That gives information on when heroes were free and how many times they have been free, but not how long the average time between appearances is. That's what I meant by that, I apologize if there was any confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroForgotnglory View Post
the first character i ever bought was karthus and then found out i dont like playing squishy mages >.>
Oh god the pain. I don't feel your pain, but that just makes me shudder. That's horrible. This is the kind of thing the proposal is trying to avoid by making champions testable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixsha View Post
they already give you 10 champions weekly to try, this isn't needed
While I don't mean to be rude, there's already a large number of posts in this thread discussing that exact sentiment and why it is either a valid or invalid point. Is there some other grounds on which you intended to object?

Quote:
Originally Posted by l7awyJl9l View Post
Are you sure, Practices don't give IP? I have to disappoint you: THEY DO! ALONG WITH XP!!! Of course, with -37% penalty, but... I constanly get ~50-60 XP and IP every time I play practice game to test available heros... and I have already accumulated 3k+ IP to buy some champ in the middle... still, accumulating to try something else
Wait, this gives me an idea. Remember that there are actually three maps in League of Legends: Summoner's Rift, Twisted Treeline, and the Tutorial Map. What about making heroes free to use on the Tutorial map in a 1v1 compstomp? A bit more difficult to implement (maybe), but I might actually like that more. Of course, then we run into the problems of lots of people testing heroes instead of playing the actual game. What do you think?

Best Lolicon NA

03-30-2011

necro bump...this is needed

MurhpysLaw

03-30-2011

This would make my year. Seriously.

Roädkill

03-31-2011

Sampling should be done like training...just u and the bots...no XP or IP.

Maybe 3 games in a week for each toon. Thats should be heaps to see if u like the champ.

Nothing wrong with "try b4 u buy".

UmmOmgRofl

06-08-2011

They become free to play over time then u decide to buy, but playing against mirrors to try in normal stinks

Milkable

06-09-2011

I think a nice balance would be making at something like 15-25% of the total cost (With the discount if you buy the champ like you suggester) But you get to keep the champ for 5 games or a certain time period either way, one game to test a champ isin't that viable. Just giving my opinion (:

Blue Hands

06-10-2011

I personally love this idea. I have spent IP on two different champions I had never seen free or had never felt comfortable trying when I was a lower summoner level that I wanted to try, one of which I found does not fit my play style and therefore I sucked at, the other of which I love and play now and again. A test option would have made the purchasing decisions easier.

More recently I had a strong desire to play Mundo because my skill shots suck usually and so I had to save up the IP to buy him for him to be free the following week which was disappointing. A test option that lasted over a time period would have given me some time to do what I wanted but also let me know if I would want to buy the champion at all.

DaejinTye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2011

About the free weeks. Sure, every champion will EVENTUALLY, be in there, but there are quite a few champions that you see less than once a month. While others are in there far more often. This would allow you to actually consider buyin' a hero without waitinf 3 months to test that hero out, or wasting your money/time on a hero you end up hating.

This is a solid idea, and has been thought out.

xIMPACT

06-11-2011

Or you can test the hero totaly free on the 1v1 map in the tutroial agenst a difficult bot!! But you can only test 1 hero a day