Evelynn Survival Guide: Tips for the new Eve

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xurreal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2011

Hello all you Evelynn summoners. It's time to make lemon-aid out of lemons.

This survival guide will shed light on making the current Eve viable for solo-team fights.

You know what changes she has now, so I'll spare you those details and jump right to building options.

Skill Ranks

Evelynn's shadow walk has lost its stun and instead uses a slow component for 3 seconds that increases its intensity as you rank it. Simply put, Rank 5 allows your target to cover less ground than it does at Rank 1.

You can capitalize on this by purchasing items that help slow your opponent since the values are additive. I've tested Frozen Mallet/Rylai's Scepter/Trinity force combinations and for the most part, it seems to be a viable tactic. Any of these 3 items are good for another reason which I will expand on later.

You definitely want to rank up your skills a bit differently now to account for loss of dps due to them being able to flee.

Level 1 is of your choosing, but I recommend getting Hate Spike at level 1 to help you farm and get to Level 2 faster. Also, it gives your lane an upper hand in getting first blood as its a quick damage that easily outweighs Ravage at Level 1. By level 3, I have all three standard skills and have made sure that I have farmed my fair share of gold from minion kills. 4th level I rank up Ravage to R2 to deliver upfront damage when I begin my attack. Ravage at this level reduces armor and magic resistance enough for anyone near you to cause a good amount of extra damage.

At levels 5, 7, and 8, I put points into Shadow Walk, as this increases the slow duration enough so that when you slow your enemy, your attack rate isn't interrupted by their modified movement speed. Eve doesn't like to chase, so you need to do as much damage as possible in the shortest amount of time.

At rank 9 and 11, i put points into Ravage to give the burst damage a sharp boost. By this point, if you were able to get your build progressing, you should pose a decent threat in and outside of team fights, having 4 points in Ravage and 4 points in Shadow Walk. You don't want to rank up Hate Spike too soon because at higher ranks it takes too much away from a small mana pool.

Build Variations.

Survivability is key now. Evelynn depends on it to avoid being a kill-per-battle kind of champion. Her Ultimate's passive heal has been severely reduced, so this means you most definitely need to buy health early on. For starters, begin building the Phage as early on as you can. Not only does it provide you with some measure of survivability, but it potentially adds to your slow component when coming out of stealth, allowing you to tack on more damage at times. Follow up immediately with Sheen, it progresses your Trinity Force, and adds to your mana and total damage output. It's also relatively inexpensive.

By the time you get these two items, more than likely, enemy champions will be conscientious of your growing power. It's time to buy some defensive items. Guardian angel would be good later on, it restores more health than your Ultimate will restore, and you get mana back as well if you were low on it. It also aids your Shadow Walk for a quick escape if the situation allows for it. But for now, its base items, Chain mail and Null-magic Mantle, give you good standing power and combine with your Phage well for survivability.

Finish off your Trinity asap after this. You need it to really be of assistance in team fights. You can continually slow enemies for your teammates and evade to activate shadow walk again for more slows or escape if you're in trouble. When you have the gold, grab the Guardian Angel. By now some of your DPS or burst damage enemies have the ability to kill you very quickly, in team fights or otherwise. GA will allow you to survive the unsurvivable moments, and keep your enemies from getting easy money off you.

If you go Attack Damage:

You can use Youmuu's Ghostblade and the Infinity Edge. You want something that increases AD as well as critical hits. You should be able to slow frequently with Trinity and Shadow Walk slow, so these 2 items allow you to land damage quickly on the enemy as long as they are slowed. I recommend Youmuus' Ghostblade for tanky teams, and Infinity Edge for a most other cases.

Finish the build off with the Executioner's Contract. More healing. Evelynn needs all the healing she can get.

If you go Ability Power:

You'll want to make use of tanky AP items now, making Rylai's Crystal Scepter an excellent decision. You have the potential to keep your enemy very slow for a long time, meaning you can solo well. Mix and match this with the Hextech Revolver, and of course, Rabadon's Death Cap or Liche Bane.

It is expensive, but you shouldn't really have much of an issue killing minions for gold with auto attacks since you add a good amount of damage with the critical hit and 150% base damage boost from Trinity Force.

Comments.

Gankings are harder to pull off since your enemies are now able to use movement spells the instant you attack them, negating your slow (ex. Flash, Ghost, Valkyrie, Rocket Jump, etc.) You are going to need to be patient, almost as patient as Twitch, seeing as you are just like him with the exception that you don't slow multiple targets (and you don't poison). You must gauge your situations with an all new perspective, and visualize what will happen before acting. Remember too, that you don't survive as efficiently as you used to due to the lack of healing from your passive, so make sure an escape option is available to you until you get the Guardian Angel up again (it heals you more than your Ultimate does).

EDIT: The slow component is actually a slight improvement as it lengthens the time she is able to cripple her opponents, allowing for some interesting effects when it comes to folks using summoner spells. If you look at it from the perspective of control, Evelynn has attained more of it rather than less. The only real thing she cannot do anymore is interrupt channeled spells. It is a buff that is only offset by the nerf to Malice and Spite.

Thanks for taking this into consideration.

If you have any ideas or experiences that work for you, please share them in a posting.

We'll get through these hard times. We've been through worse.

bardwooder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2011

There are no tips
Eve is dead in mid and high elo
She is only good at elo 900 and below
End of story
Stop inventing bullcrаp

She is dead

Tha Steelman

06-30-2011

I've never played Evelynn, so I didn't bother to read too closely, but you have good looking ideas here. It's nice to see somebody talking about her and not complaining for once.

Xurreal

06-30-2011

I just had a game with AD Evelynn using both the Ghost Blade and Infinity edge.

The damage is solid and the survivability is higher than average and the build is solid.

One thing I noticed however is that after resurrecting with Guardian Angel, anyone with the Oracle's Elixer shuts down the rez. Consider picking up Flash as a Staple power.

Personally I always use Ghost, but Flash and Ignite seems like solid choices for Summoner powers since they are moving at all times now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takory View Post
There are no tips
Eve is dead in mid and high elo
She is only good at elo 900 and below
End of story
Stop inventing bullcrаp

She is dead
Granted she is not the same champion anymore, the purpose of this is entire thread is for figuring out some work around possibilities to the changes Evelynn has for devoted Evelynn players.

Veralin

06-30-2011

Ah, good to see someone else trying to figure out new ways to run Evelynn with her nerf. I know it's not much but playing ap Eve I've found new ways to run with the slow, while still being able to max out my damage potential. I've even guaranteed early kills simply by playing a hit and run strategy in the beginning, using the brush as a means of getting in and out easily.

My skill order in the early levels runs as W -> E -> Q ->W ->E ->R for the first 6 levels. simply put, Eve's ability to turn invis allows her to do a lot more than just battle... it still allows you to keep your opponent from pushing to hard early, lest they get hit by Eve under the tower and slowed. with ravage at two allows you to run hit and run attacks so long as you space them out. Thats why I start with a mana crystal to build into sheen, the increased mana allows for longer staytime the way I run early.

and with my late game, I practically build into pure ap with a little bit of survivability. mobility boots, lich bane, either going will of the ancients or gunblade, based on what I think I need most in the game, getting a Rylai's, then a Rabadon's Deathcap. The final item for me is based on what I need most. if I can risk it early, I'll grab a Mejai's for the increased ap, for mid-late I will grab a Banshee's if I'm having problems with casters or stuns, or even karthus's ultimate. My final option would be building a bit more ad to use if you feel it would be better... I'm still working on whether or not grabbing a Guinso's Rageblade might be a nice option for extra ap and ad, simply for the sake of extra damage the more you manage to do against an opponent.

There are my idea's, and they've done me well for playing Eve for three straight days not long after the nerf.

Xurreal

06-30-2011

Good Deal, Veralin. Im going to try that W -> E ->Q and the mana crystal. Lane stay is always a plus.

Veralin

06-30-2011

Thank you for that, It's good to finally see a thread trying to find ways to deal with the nerf till the overhaul of stealth... though it makes me wonder if any of this will even be workable once the overhaul happens.

Mirtitolo

Recruiter

06-30-2011

i build my eve the same as i did before and it still works... >.> the stun was just a bonus its good that its finally a challenge to play her was too ez mode before

The Dandy Trick

Recruiter

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurreal View Post
Hello all you Evelynn summoners. It's time to make lemon-aid out of lemons.

Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Evelynn lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Phourc

06-30-2011

^ Was just about to post that xP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNrKCpPl3eE

Seriously thought, I don't play her but I've seen a few friends still do fine using their old Eve build, I don't think I've seen any real changes in their playstyle so far..