Giving Advice!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2011

So, I just recently discovered these forums and decided it'd be fun to make a thread here to try and help any new players and meet new people. That said, I'm level 30 in game and I like to think that I'm fairly decent at least. If you guys have any questions I'd be more than willing to answer them.

Basic Questions

Q) What is an easy way to be better at this game?

A) In general, if you want to have a good advantage over most players, the most important thing to know is how to last hit. Killing a player gives about the same gold as killing 10 minions, so if you practice about you can be mountains of golds ahead of your opponents.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q) What are some good characters to own?

A) While this depends, I think there are a few characters who are difficult to go wrong with. If you like melee fighters Tryndamere is a good character at lower levels, though he drops off slightly at the maximum level. Annie is cheap and arguably the best spellcaster in the game. If you like tanking you can't go wrong with Amumu.

Any other questions? Ask away!

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2011

Do you think it is possible to do well by customizing top rated builds by switching out a few items? There are lots of guides that assume you will have 5-6 high quality items by the end of the game so is it better to fill slots with lesser items if you can't get the fancy ones. The reason I ask is top rated builds assume you will get quite a few kills and a very high creep score so it is hard to follow them.

Aean

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melogrunty View Post
Do you think it is possible to do well by customizing top rated builds by switching out a few items? There are lots of guides that assume you will have 5-6 high quality items by the end of the game so is it better to fill slots with lesser items if you can't get the fancy ones. The reason I ask is top rated builds assume you will get quite a few kills and a very high creep score so it is hard to follow them.
Generally speaking I think there is no problem buying cheaper items. They are generally cost efficient and if you need you can sell them late-game. And a lot of people use customized top-rated builds.