"Solo Q Ranked" Observations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sirpok

Member

06-30-2011

Ok, so i consider myself having a few games under my belt now and really upset how this games match making system runs. I enjoy playing lol, but get extremely frustrated with this games matchmaking system. Lately after each game I calculate the other teams wins and loss and basically just check out there profile. There is no way in hell I should have to play with some of these people. examples: I have over 800 games played yet someone who just reaches summoner level 30 starts ranked. Why am i always getting stuck with people around the 180 - 250 games mark. Not saying they are all bad no... but most of them don't care and don't play as a team feed etc ( all the other bs people post on forums )

On the other hand why the hell am I getting in q with players rating who is 1828, and even better questions why is someone who just hit summoner level 30 never played a ranked game getting q'ed with someone in the 1828 bracket and that player has over 1,400 wins not including his losses. To me if you have some skills and LOTS i mean LOTS of luck then you can move up the ladder, or if you have some skill and horrible luck you will go no where.

To sum it up, I enjoy playing lol but unless you have a team of 5 that is online all the time prepare for a day of headaches or if your lucky some wins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Barricade I

Senior Member

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirpok View Post
Ok, so i consider myself having a few games under my belt now and really upset how this games match making system runs. I enjoy playing lol, but get extremely frustrated with this games matchmaking system. Lately after each game I calculate the other teams wins and loss and basically just check out there profile. There is no way in hell I should have to play with some of these people. examples: I have over 800 games played yet someone who just reaches summoner level 30 starts ranked. Why am i always getting stuck with people around the 180 - 250 games mark. Not saying they are all bad no... but most of them don't care and don't play as a team feed etc ( all the other bs people post on forums )
First, 37 games isnt REALLY that many, barely enough to get a good veiw of the community.

Let me address your complaints 1 by 1 -
**playing with inexperienced players -
when you start ranked, or have a poor win ratio, you match with people who have similar experience IN RANKED, not normal.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirpok View Post
On the other hand why the hell am I getting in q with players rating who is 1828, and even better questions why is someone who just hit summoner level 30 never played a ranked game getting q'ed with someone in the 1828 bracket and that player has over 1,400 wins not including his losses. To me if you have some skills and LOTS i mean LOTS of luck then you can move up the ladder, or if you have some skill and horrible luck you will go no where.
**playing vs. people who are rated 1828 -
the fact that you are s detailed on the rating makes me believe this happened ONCE. Possibilities - you played midday or extremely late at night, with few people in queue, also, he duo queued with a very very low elo player as a gimmick to make their average elo lower than 1800. (example, 1800 player and 900 elo player duo queue puts them about 1450).

** playing vs 1400 wins -
again, normal wins are not inpactful on ranked ladder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirpok View Post

To sum it up, I enjoy playing lol but unless you have a team of 5 that is online all the time prepare for a day of headaches or if your lucky some wins.
TBH, to raise elo FAST takes luck. But if youre patient, you will raise over time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sirpok

Member

07-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Barricade I View Post
playing vs. people who are rated 1828 -
the fact that you are s detailed on the rating makes me believe this happened ONCE.
Yes that was just one example.


LoL's in game community is packed full of ignorant people which brings the quality of the game down for me, and not only that it frustrates the hell out me. Sure I have said things that I got pissed about but when it becomes over 50% of the normal games it gets to a point. Just another reason for why I say having a team of 5 is the only viable way I see. People start engaging with the **** talkers and stop paying attention and have 0 map awareness. I will keep playing solo q and see what fate brings me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sn3aks

Senior Member

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirpok View Post
Ok, so i consider myself having a few games under my belt now and really upset how this games match making system runs. I enjoy playing lol, but get extremely frustrated with this games matchmaking system. Lately after each game I calculate the other teams wins and loss and basically just check out there profile. There is no way in hell I should have to play with some of these people. examples: I have over 800 games played yet someone who just reaches summoner level 30 starts ranked. Why am i always getting stuck with people around the 180 - 250 games mark. Not saying they are all bad no... but most of them don't care and don't play as a team feed etc ( all the other bs people post on forums )

On the other hand why the hell am I getting in q with players rating who is 1828, and even better questions why is someone who just hit summoner level 30 never played a ranked game getting q'ed with someone in the 1828 bracket and that player has over 1,400 wins not including his losses. To me if you have some skills and LOTS i mean LOTS of luck then you can move up the ladder, or if you have some skill and horrible luck you will go no where.

To sum it up, I enjoy playing lol but unless you have a team of 5 that is online all the time prepare for a day of headaches or if your lucky some wins.
qft


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr rAndOm

Senior Member

07-06-2011

You r right. The matchmaking system really sux for good players.

Riot tend to send u to a nub team.. in order to "balance "the game.

It's true that having more wins doesnt mean a player is better, yet it's also a truth that ppl with more wins are usually skilled and better.

Probably there is 5% players who have talent and they can do well with 200 wins or 300 wins. The others.. well.. they'd better know that they are beginners for better players. That's really rare to see a 300 wins guy or 400 wins guy in a premade team with 4 over 1k wins players.

I personally dont care to play with nubs. But I do care when these nubs are ******ed and bad at the same time. These ******ed nubs don't even know what they are doing most of the time, and they claim the best player in the team is the worst.

Can I play in a nub way? Yes. Can I play teamwork with super nubs? No.
Im not smart enough to learn how to play with good players n bad players at the same time.
I am sorry for that.

It's totally no fun when nubs coward n suck at the same time. run run run run run run run defeat!
It's even worse than "focus tanks.. attack.. die... focus tanks.. .. all die.. defeat"
or "jungle for 20 mins + no gank... full hp zilean ulted himself then runnn... running in a team trying to kill a 50 hp anivia with his passive ready. 5 vs 1 under turret =. b b b b b lets gank them...then run in 3v5 all died ofc.