CAD Auther hits 10k Referals, Doesnt get to design champion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Macerate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaxium View Post
Well I knew before asking you'd have a difficult if not impossible time doing so. You'd either deflect/ignore/or just **** it up.

If knowledge is power, you're Yorick.
So, you expect to get something incredibly valuable (knowledge) for free? I don't accept personal insults as payment, so if you want to be taught you need to think of some other way to pay for them. Or, if you're just committed to insulting people in every post, I'll just discontinue this conversation and ignore you in the future.

HM2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macerate View Post
So, you expect to get something incredibly valuable (knowledge) for free? I don't accept personal insults as payment, so if you want to be taught you need to think of some other way to pay for them. Or, if you're just committed to insulting people in every post, I'll just discontinue this conversation and ignore you in the future.
No, he assumed you would ignore his request and try to sidestep the issue.

It appears he was correct.

hoaxium

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macerate View Post
You insult yourself.

You cannot give me something in-which you do not posses (knowledge). You made a claim, I simply asked you to back your claim up. If you're incapable of doing so I'd rather you just say it straight out. If you resort to playing these childish little games in-order to hide the fact you're incapable of backing up your accusation I don't have enough respect for you to not then insult you.

You're better off ignoring me, because the more you post, the more you make yourself look like a jackass.

Rumfro

06-30-2011

Alright, for those still confused about why people hate Tim Buckley

http://ohinternet.com/Tim_Buckley There, that article sums him up pretty nicely. It's not all bad, but it describes how very unoriginal he generally is.

WarhawkX86

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
The Champion design process is months long - so we want to bring someone in for a few days during a part of the process that's really rewarding. Ultimately we decided that it made more sense to bring someone in closer to the end - when the team is designing abilities, balance, etc which is where the most gameplay-impacting decisions get made. That however means that the concept itself is already pretty fleshed out.

Of course it's not a - "you get to drop whatever Champion you want in the game" type of thing =D. Our own designers don't even get to do that - it's a very collaborative process.

That being said, we're going to update the language on the page to clarify
Thanks Pendragon, that was kind of the point behind the post. Vague description of 10,000k prize = confused community.

Tim Buckley being a ****** or pedo was irrelevant, to me at least.

Kadzin

06-30-2011

I am glad Buckley didn't get to design anything,
I am sad that Riot won't let the community add anything to the game

SeventhSky

06-30-2011

ABORTION ARC :O!

Seriously, ruined the **** comic for me.

WarhawkX86

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadzin View Post
I am glad Buckley didn't get to design anything,
I am sad that Riot won't let the community add anything to the game
IF it were anyone but buckley I think this would have been a different forum altogether.

DarakZx

08-01-2011

so bad :/

Mylon

08-01-2011

Riot can say whatever they want, but S2 said, "We'll do it." And they're not even doing it because CAD gave them a bunch of referrals.

Sure, it might take a long time to do, but if that's what they want to do (and in this case 10,000 people all signed up and got to level 5 to show their support), then why not allow their request?