CAD Auther hits 10k Referals, Doesnt get to design champion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

▀lackmill

06-30-2011

So basically the 10k referral reward is garbage and riot has no intention of anyone ruining their perfectly boring heroes they release.

Derpent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chzrm3 View Post
Look, I'm not a fan of B^Uckley, but I really think the miscarriage jokes are a bit much. That would've been a baby, joking around about its untimely death is just callous.

I'm all for people reminding everyone that Timbo tried to hook up with a 14 year old girl, though. That's something that everyone should know, cause it's kind of scary. : /
Completely unrelated - but get on League please. I just added you.

Ai shi teru

06-30-2011

also... 9500 of the 10k referrals are smurfs and not actually new players..

starting from like page 5 or something of his referral page.. all the referrals are lvl 5.. meaning he has less than 500 over lvl 5 ~.~

Mortos00000

06-30-2011

From now on, all contributors advertising for League of Legends must be shown virtuous and upstanding in their life outside of the game; especially in comics and forums on their own websites. Furthermore, your gaming comic must in no way resemble Penny Arcade or PvP (good luck with that), your art must not be copy pasted, and you must be running an active warcraft guild. These are all super important reasons that totally apply to this issue; seriously.

Chzrm3

06-30-2011

It does seem like kind of a bland prize now, doesn't it? : / I get the feeling that no matter what you did, you wouldn't actually have any input over the champion. Like, what are you gonna say?

"This guy seems cool, but why not make his Q into this?"

"No we already want to do it this way."

"Oh okay. Well maybe add some more damage to it."

"Nope, we tested it, it's fine."

"So... what can I help you with?"

"Don't really need help, already had this figured out months ago."

"Soooooooo............"

: /

F33d0rB4wB

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
The Champion design process is months long - so we want to bring someone in for a few days during a part of the process that's really rewarding. Ultimately we decided that it made more sense to bring someone in closer to the end - when the team is designing abilities, balance, etc which is where the most gameplay-impacting decisions get made. That however means that the concept itself is already pretty fleshed out.

Of course it's not a - "you get to drop whatever Champion you want in the game" type of thing =D. Our own designers don't even get to do that - it's a very collaborative process.

That being said, we're going to update the language on the page to clarify
yeah? so what? he has 10k referrals why u cant u make a champion with him?

Valriuk

06-30-2011

What, no miscarriage shark champion?

Goddammit.

Burnova

06-30-2011

Dear all who are unable to read. You are unable to read.

Reread the reward. Notice that is does not say what you are claiming.

Highlyblueskin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2011

The idea of a Spider Shark is not outrageous. The concept art can be twisted to look like a Void based monstrosity like Cho or Kogmaw, that can look like a Spider + Shark.

But agreed, that Riot needs to clarify their prize. This is just plain ridiculous for Riot to go back on their words of giving the referrer the prize of "designing".

nicosharp

06-30-2011

That's really lame. Despite when Pendragon said.

I much rather present Riot with 3 champion ideas, wait 2-3months until one or all 3 are semi-approved for design, choose the one I would like to make the final-cut, and then go to their office a few months later to see where they are at in the design process. For 10,000 people referred to the game, that sounds fair, and I am sure it would not be game-breaking. Hell the game is already close to 80 champs..

At least let them do a champion's voice over, or get their own skin for the champion as well.. The prize just got super lame for 10k referrals - I mean its cool they get to go to Riot and all, but meh..