How to play good support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eastblade

06-30-2011

What champs masteries rune and strats are needed to play a good support, because I am only good in playing taric, I really need to learn how to play sona or soraka.

I know I ask a lot, but it would be very much aprreciated

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2011

Janna, sona, soraka are my favorites. Haven't played taric so I'm not sure exactly.

Anyway, CDR glyphs are useful, Mana regen/5 seals are useful, and i guess magic pen or flat hp marks, though they really could be anything. Flat hp quint are always good for early game or MS quint can be versitile.

For masteries 9-0-21 is good so you get good CDR from both trees.

For spells I do like running clairvoyance and flash on a lot of the babysitters though that can be a personal preference thing.

For actually playing one things are a bit trickier, the aim is to buff the **** out of your teammate so he/she can get farm uncontested. For a hero like janna the early shield is huge for buffing your ally since it blocks damage and gives the ally AD and the tornado serves as a nice disable at level 1. Zeph is a good follow up disable.

I think the most important thing for a babysitter tho is communication with the guy you want to babysit. If there's no communication they won't be of much use to you and you to them. Also make sure you babysit someone who's remotely competent at playing. There's nothing worse than sacrificing your early game so someone can get buff only to see them fail late. And one more thing: WARDS WARDS WARDS! Vision = power and it's tough to babysit if you can't see ganks coming before they happen.

Eastblade

06-30-2011

Everyone thumbs up for this guy who explained perfectly how support works

BrotherCaine

06-30-2011

Jana is great coz you can ignore AP (unlike soroka) and still be a pro champion.

Jana:
Gold/5 quints. No last hitting minions unless your babysat AD goes back to shop.

Buy philostone, hold onto it for as long as you can and later turn it into Shurelias.
Buy heart of gold. Sell it at the very end or if you are handy with items turn it into Randiuns.
Aegis
Then the choice is yours to counter enemy or buff your side.
Will of the ancients, Soul Shroud, Quicksilver Sash etc.

Hopefully game will be over then.

Only take 1 level of whirlwind.
Max shield after. With zepher following. Autoattack, don't ignore autoattack!

SlimJimm13

06-30-2011

Supports take care of all the extra details in games so tanks and carries can focus on buffing up.
Supports ward key locations around lanes and pushes.
Supports stack auras and AoE actives to help team mates.
Supports provide CC to set up for carries.
Supports sustains the team's health and mana to outlast in pushes and team fights.
Supports protect allies who are getting focused.
Supports are always aware of movements in the enemy team.
Supports bring teams together.
Supports feed last hits to the carry.
Supports harass or allow you the extra mana to harass.
Supports make up for mistakes made by carries and tanks.
Supports do not exist as a single champion, but are fractions of one that is shared among allies to make them more powerful.

In other words, supports are what you'll never find in solo queue.