[FIX] League of Legends client has stopped working.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IniquitousJester

06-30-2011

[ERROR]: Upon transitioning from the character selection/lobby to a game, the client would crash and go to a minimized black box with the error messages: "League of Legends Client has stopped working" and "Generic host process for win32 services has stopped working".

[FIX]: Here are the steps I took to fix this error. There are temp fixes for it, but this is as solid as it gets, and worked for me.

-Download a pre-patched working LoL file (link: http://files.wrench-box.com).

-Run all critical and optional windows updates.

-Download CCleaner and run the registry cleanups (link to guide: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=784361 option 8 in this guide is what your after).

-Uninstall Adobe Air, dotnet framework 4.0 and LoL.

-Manually delete every file left from your old LoL.

-Reinstall the standalone versions of the above then run your registry cleaner 3-4 times or untill it cannot find any issues.

-Download and run the latest directx9.0 (yes, 9.0).

-Open UAC settings under your control panel, set it to maximum security and restart your computer. Now do the same but set it to minimum (slide the bar right to the bottom).

-Click on the windows orb and type into the search: "turn windows features on or off" now open that and look for 'windows .NET framework 3.5.1' select the drop-down menu for it and manually tick both files (they are named "Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation" and "... Non-HTTP Activation"). Click OK. You may need to reboot.

-Extract the new LoL file you downloaded to anywhere but Program Files x86.

-Right click on the new LoL launcher exe and go to properties, now select the compatability bar, now tick the box for "Run as administrator".

-Restart your computer. Now run LoL.

Please do not neglect to follow all of these steps, I cannot be sure which ones are entirely necessary but it's in your best interest to do them all. This should take no more than an hour or two (plus the download).

Hope this helps you too.

Jester

EDIT: This worked for like 5 games then it went back to being a c***. I have officially tried everything bar re-formatting and it has not worked, I give up. I pity those who spent money on this game. It's fantastic WHEN it works, which for me is about never.

lebslayer

07-03-2011

I have this exact same problem, and posted about it, with no official help at all. My solution was to play a bot game,, crash, repair and keep playing, but this is unreliable, as sometime u need to repair twice or more. Now I have a lvl 1 leaver warning for always bring 7-8 mins afk while it repairs.

I have reformatted, and reinstalled, and this ****ing problem still keeps happening. I will try your steps, after that, **** this game.

lebslayer

07-06-2011

bump?

lebslayer

07-09-2011

bump

Azarai

07-11-2011

What i do is, if you have another user account on your computer, log out, and switch to that one and rejoin the game the error wont persist, but its only a temporary fix until it does it again usually not in the same game but later on in the day, if that when that happens switch back over to the account you were using and rinse and repeat.

lebslayer

07-13-2011

When you switch accounts, do you still have to repair to reconnect successfully?

Anitcol

07-13-2011

I keep crashing too, its all random. Some days I only crash 2-3 times tops, but sometimes I crash 3-4 times a game! It's very frustrating. I even tried to see if the crashes happened more in team fights. Negative, it crashes whenever. As a result, I have lost several matches because of these crashes. I really wish Riot looked into this problem in depth and see what could be causing it.

Maybe Riot should have a poll on what hardware people are using. Maybe they could try and narrow it down, hopefully for a permanent fix.

AlexEst

07-13-2011

I keep getting black screen after champion selection =/ I just recently spent 20$ on RP and now can't even play, and i don't even get a single response from Riot or Wrenchman. Makes me feel like being scammed =/

NORMtheSTORM

08-13-2011

This might be a derp suggestion but non the less, do make sure you have all up to date drivers FROM the websites not using windows update. For instance my video card does not receive updates from windows update and I must manually download and install.

Gnomekillstreak

10-09-2013

I switched acounts when I was having the issue to see if it was my client but i could join another game while having the issue on another account. This shows that it is completely game/account based and has nothing to do with your client