Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Prime_UI - A re-organized UI for LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polka Dot Robot

06-30-2011

Introduction

A real awesome dude wrote a tutorial (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=6230991) a few months ago about how to mod the UI. This was directly created from that tutorial. So, if you're unhappy with the current UI, this might be helpful.

This UI helps to address the problems I have with the current UI. It opens up the main playing area (top-right to bottom-left) by modifying, then moving the PlayerHud to the top left and moving the HudCenter to the left side wall. The graphic borders have also been trimmed down and some of the less useful elements have been removed.

Installation

For regular LoL client:

1. Open the zip and open the default client folder. Run Skin Installer Ultimate.exe.
2. Click the box for Prime_UI and hit install. Click through the pop-ups.
3. Launch LoL

ACE client (http://ace-client.net/):

1. Back-up the \game\data\menu\ folder
2. Open the zip and navigate through the \skins\Prime_UI\ folder to find the individual assets.
3. Copy them to the proper folder, game\data\menu\ or \menu\hud\.
4. Launch LoL

Uninstalling

For regular client:

1. Skin Installer Ultimate WILL NOT uninstall the UI. It doesn't replace the modified .gfx files.
2. From the initial start-up screen (where you press Play), click the gears just left of the minimize button. Click 'Repair'.
3. It will check all of your files and replace those needed for the standard UI.
4. If you would like to re-install the UI, you'll need to re-download the game. The .gfx files can no longer be replaced after doing a repair, not sure why.

ACE client:

1. Copy and paste the \game\data\menu\ folder you backed-up when installing.

Support

***IT'S MADE FOR 16:10 RESOLUTIONS AND THE SCALING CANNOT BE CHANGED***

Other resolutions might be fully supported later, but scaling within the game will always be messed up because of the anchoring of the .gfx files. The scaling can be changed (somewhat) by editing the HudResolutionDefaults.ini.

Download

http://leaguecraft.com/uimods/286-prime-ui.xhtml

Known Problems

Rollovers - the rollover for the champion attributes and items show up outside the screen (totally forgot to change that, but will be done soon)
Menus - Tab and escape menus sometimes don't show up (happened 4x in the ~50x I was building the UI). No idea why, but restarting the client will fix it)
Buffs on Level up - the buffs will disappear behind the UI when level until you click one of the ability level-up buttons. Can't be fixed unless the buffs are moved down lower.

Only Support

06-30-2011

Wow, I am installing this immediately. Thank you!!

Edit: The only downside is the lack of allied healthbars.

Sacred123

Recruiter

06-30-2011

Uhm..its a nice thought, but it really is a <bad> layout. Looks ugly..I'm sorry, those are my two cents.

The "space" you get from the standard ui is really insignificant.

GoldDraco

06-30-2011

Not only does this look bad but you also chose to demonstrate it on shen. One of the few champs who needs to see allied health at all times with no ally health bars. WAY TO GO!!!!

Polka Dot Robot

06-30-2011

Quote:
Rhymé:
Wow, I am installing this immediately. Thank you!!

Edit: The only downside is the lack of allied healthbars.

If you want it back:

[TeamFrame]
XPos=82
YPos=77

Quote:
Sacred123:
Uhm..its a nice thought, but it really is a <bad> layout. Looks ugly..I'm sorry, those are my two cents.

The "space" you get from the standard ui is really insignificant.

There's a post everyday complaining about how top has a disadvantage because the UI elements block some of their field of view. That's not a problem here. The main playing area is fully open.

Anyways, how it looks is irrelevant. It's the first UI to actually change the orientation of the individual elements. I posted the walkthrough on changing the UI 5 months ago and a whole 3 people actually did anything with it (and they were just reskins). What I did took ~6 hours, so why haven't we seen a single other modified UI if so many people have problems with it? If more people start tinkering around with the UI, Riot may release the SDK for it. Right now, there is just no interest.

Quote:
GoldDraco:
Not only does this look bad but you also chose to demonstrate it on shen. One of the few champs who needs to see allied health at all times with no ally health bars. WAY TO GO!!!!

No team = no team frame, smart guy. Even if I had kept it, you wouldn't have seen it.

diggyla

06-30-2011

It is pretty nice for people who get annoyed when they can't see the person below them using an avoidable ability.

I tried to use it in a custom game with my friends. The only problem I faced was that the ability panel did not show up at all for me. I may have installed it incorrectly, or it might be my resolution. (1366x768)

Again, great work. I have been looking for something like this ever since I played my first game on the top.

Only Support

07-02-2011

Quote:
knacko:
If you want it back:

[TeamFrame]
XPos=82
YPos=77

Where do I put this? I couldn't figure it out >.<
I have RAF so I can just search it if you tell me the name!

ABagOfFritos

07-02-2011

perb UI is better.