The List of the League's Most Preferred Ranked Junglers: Where's Warwick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diamondragan

06-29-2011

I know Warwick was made to be the best and most sustainable jungler, but ever since forever, I suppose, jungling has been about MUCH more than just killing the big thingy with runes floating around it.

It's about being able to have "strong ganks" and forcing the enemy into buying wards or dying.

Now, with Warwick, the game is all about him. HE doesn't die. HE gets more movespeed. HE wins.

Well, the only thing helping him gank on his skillset is his ultimate, and it's not long enough to secure a kill in most situations.

I just read a thread in which the OP was asking players who he should practice as a jungler for Ranked matches. In none of the first five posts (there were only 5 replies) was Warwick even mentioned.

Why isn't Warwick picked to fill the role HE was MADE FOR? Would it be right to change Warwick based on the role requirements outside of killing neutral monsters, or is he just fine where he is now?

Discuss.

EDIT: For the Warwick players out there, what would you say if Riot gave E an on-hit slow that cost health every time you attacked? Early game, have all the ms boost you want, you're not going to avoid chasing the enemy into a turret without a slow. Thoughts? What if this were a passive on his ultimate? Would not being able to choose whether or not that health cost was taken severely effect you? What if it was Champion unique and couldn't activate on non-Champion units? What if Q slowed the target a little? What if W gave yourself and allies an on-hit slow? Tell me what you think about trying to get more CC on Warwick.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2011

cause he's too obvious a jungler? ppl want variation like ashe is the basic carry which is why no one likes using her that much they want the new flashy stuff

Chesmu Farleigh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2011

Warwick is a very, very safe jungler. He's also slower than some, and his ganking potential is limited before level six. And more and more people are trying out warwick in lane and finding him to be quite powerful. In my opinion, he's a great jungler for people who want to learn, as he is very forgiving in jungle with the heals. However, he's less suited to an early game ganking role (whether he's played in lane or in jungle) and people have come to expect early ganks from junglers like xin or mumu. I think he just doesn't fit with what people currently expect from a jungle character.

Mista Waka

06-29-2011

Warwick's pre-6 jungle goal is basically lane presence. You generally don't force your enemies to buy sight wards, they either buy them or they don't.

The point of his pre-6 gank is to either force them to pop a summoner or B. If you get a kill, fine that's wonderful, if not, oh well. A slow or a stun in that lane basically guarantee's warwick to land his ult. You are generally able to get a kill at that point. Of course there are better junglers that could get the job done at earlier levels or the same levels, but he has his own use in certain team comps like many champions anyways.