[Champion Concept] Nazarak, The Fungus Lord (UNIQUE MECHANIC EVERYONE WILL LOVE)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vaylore

07-02-2011

honestly.... i'm not much of a critique... i can't tell whether something is OP or UP.. so you're at a loss there with me..

but...

I do really like this champion! i think its Riot material! =o the lore draws me in and the skills look quite fun. when i think of him i think of a moldy(er) Yorik... i still can see this guy work in the game. thumbs up +1 ... i look forward to creating a skin for this character =]

bravo and well done. i have nothing bad to say about it.

-Vay

Sloth the Sin

07-02-2011

Announcement - Added a Niche section. Added a Quotes section.

Villanova

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

Interesting mechanic, though it makes me worry. This means, that Nazarak needs to be on his turf to be most effective, and that he can only slowly build his turf. (Not that this is a bad thing, if he could instantly pop domains, his ult would be really OP.) Can't really comment on the numbers bit, i'm terrible with them. The concepts seem pretty solid. Though, do the domains last forever? For example, you put up 5 domains, and then don't put up any more for the rest of the game, do they ever expire? Also, this seems REALLY good for map presence, as you can have at least one in each lane, maybe in a few key points as well, Baron for 5s, and Dragon for 3s, for example. (This is even more so, since you will always have vision of the area.)

Khanvik

07-02-2011

I really liek the mechanic of this champion I can see it working well, I think he is alittle op in a 1v1 type of play relaying less of the skill of the player and more on the champion which easily could just be a scaling issues just back by alittle bit. At the same time though that is pretty fair look and Malz, or AD EZ. The overall concept is great he'd very different from current champion team fights though he seems like he end up in a big dissavantage and more of a solo lane anti jungle/roamer. He really does seem like a great champion everything suits in a nice way.

Overall I really like him, I think he would need so beta trials for tweeking before a full realese.

Sloth the Sin

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanvik View Post
I really liek the mechanic of this champion I can see it working well, I think he is alittle op in a 1v1 type of play relaying less of the skill of the player and more on the champion which easily could just be a scaling issues just back by alittle bit. At the same time though that is pretty fair look and Malz, or AD EZ. The overall concept is great he'd very different from current champion team fights though he seems like he end up in a big dissavantage and more of a solo lane anti jungle/roamer. He really does seem like a great champion everything suits in a nice way.

Overall I really like him, I think he would need so beta trials for tweeking before a full realese.
On his domain, he's meant to beat any non fed enemy champion 1v1 (except for WW or Malz. they're even more op 1v1)

ty for the review

Sloth the Sin

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villanova View Post
Interesting mechanic, though it makes me worry. This means, that Nazarak needs to be on his turf to be most effective, and that he can only slowly build his turf. (Not that this is a bad thing, if he could instantly pop domains, his ult would be really OP.) Can't really comment on the numbers bit, i'm terrible with them. The concepts seem pretty solid. Though, do the domains last forever? For example, you put up 5 domains, and then don't put up any more for the rest of the game, do they ever expire? Also, this seems REALLY good for map presence, as you can have at least one in each lane, maybe in a few key points as well, Baron for 5s, and Dragon for 3s, for example. (This is even more so, since you will always have vision of the area.)
yup that about summs it up. Nazarak should never worry while on his turf 1v1. but he should worry all the time when off of it. turf placement is what he really needs to focus on. and yes, they do last forever. they only affect Nazarak, and give the team vision. without Nazarak, they're just bigger perma wards and serve no real purpose but vision. his ult also makes him very very good at ganking and blocking back doors (with correct Infectious Domain placement)

if Infectious Domain had a time limit, there is a very high chance that they would fade before Nazarak needed to ult. thus, it's better to be on the safe side, rather than a broken mechanic.

There aren't enough Infectious domains to be ready for everything. there is no perfect placement. players just have to be good at replacing them according to their circumstances.

Prince Kassad

07-02-2011

The domain mechanic is awesome. He is very original. His Q is great, I guess using W and then slapping it down wouldn't give you the stun, which is pretty balanced.

The invisibility detection is kinda gimmicky, but as long as it didn't apply to wards (like nidalee's trap and lee sin's tempest no longer do) it would be fine. The speed boost especially sounds great for chasing and would make him a hard champ to master since he would have to lay out paths beforehand. He sounds like he would require a lot of planning which I actually like.

His fungal reach synergizes well with his Q, but maybe it should be differentiated from blitzcranks rocket grab a bit. It could be lock on instead of a skill shot, but give it much less damage and range. Or, make it a leash spell where they could run out of range or a channeling spell where they could stun you to stop you from pulling them in.

Besides his Q, his E seems the most balanced. It is great, although double damage is a reeeeeeeaally significant increase for an AoE spell. For example, Brand's Pillar of Flame only gets +25% if his target is ablaze. But what is the Range on his E? is it just around him?

To be honest I think that his skillset is awesome, but it doesn't allow for him to be a tank; he sounds more like an tanky dps. Tanks are meant to spend all their time trying to help their team, but it sounds like Nazarak would need a lot of time moving around on his own prepares up his Qs and catch targets in uncormpromising positions. Although his W could be interpreted as tanky, when combined with his ultimate I think people would play him as more of an tanky dps, surprising weak enemies and dragging them into the domain to dps them to death, but being strong enough to ignore one or maybe two of their allies trying to stop you. (Like Jarvan does against an enemy ashe in team fights, except you drag them to you instead of jumping towards them)

If you want to make him a tank, he needs to either have a better initiation (they would all see his ult coming!) or one of his spells needs to be seriously tankified in some other way (think: taunt, attack speed slow, etc). But I like him as he is, which sounds like some sort of tanky finisher champ...

All my suggestions are optional, but I think he is a great, well thought out champion.

One DEFINITE change though: Giving him health regen in his infectious domain might not be a good idea. It would make player want to just sit in a domain to heal...losing out on spending time preparing more domains and farming...then they would kinda wish they were just sitting in the domain healing. I love the lifesteal in the domain, because it is more applicable to team fights...and I think the bonus defensive stats and speed in the domains is enough and the health regen might not really be applicable to playing him. Also, he could just use the spell vamp to slap down a domain and then heal by farming minions inside it. This would be 10 times better than the health regen. The main thing is, you shouldn't want to spend time in the domains when you are not actually in combat.

Prince Kassad

07-02-2011

I was calling your E your R, but I fixed it

Sloth the Sin

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kassad View Post
The domain mechanic is awesome. He is very original. His Q is great, but I think how it is people would use it as a slap down after landing a W or E. The fact that it starts out small wont stop its immediate benefits. Although I guess using W and then slapping it down wouldn't give you the stun, which is pretty balanced.

The invisibility detection is kinda gimmicky, but as long as it didn't apply to wards (like nidalee's trap and lee sin's tempest no longer do) it would be fine. The speed boost especially sounds great for chasing and would make him a hard champ to master since he would have to lay out paths beforehand. He sounds like he would require a lot of planning which I actually like.

His fungal reach synergizes well with his Q, but maybe it should be differentiated from blitzcranks rocket grab a bit. It could be lock on instead of a skill shot, but give it much less damage and range. Or, make it a leash spell where they could run out of range or a channeling spell where they could stun you to stop you from pulling them in.

Besides his Q, his R seems the most balanced. It is great, although double damage is a reeeeeeeaally significant increase for an AoE spell. For example, Brand's Pillar of Flame only gets +25% if his target is ablaze.

To be honest I think that his skillset is awesome, but it doesn't allow for him to be a tank; he sounds more like an tanky dps. Tanks are meant to spend all their time trying to help their team, but it sounds like Nazarak would need a lot of time moving around on his own prepares up his Qs and catch targets in uncormpromising positions. Although his W could be interpreted as tanky, when combined with his ultimate I think people would play him as more of an tanky dps, surprising weak enemies and dragging them into the domain to dps them to death, but being strong enough to ignore one or maybe two of their allies trying to stop you. (Like Jarvan does against an enemy ashe in team fights, except you drag them to you instead of jumping towards them)

If you want to make him a tank, he needs to either have a better initiation (they would all see his ult coming!) or one of his spells needs to be seriously tankified in some other way (think: taunt, attack speed slow, etc). But I like him as he is, which sounds like some sort of tanky finisher champ...

All my suggestions are optional, but I think he is a great, well thought out champion.

One DEFINITE change though: Giving him health regen in his infectious domain might not be a good idea. It would make player want to just sit in a domain to heal...losing out on spending time preparing more domains and farming...then they would kinda wish they were just sitting in the domain healing. I love the lifesteal in the domain, because it is more applicable to team fights...but I think the bonus defensive stats and speed in the domains is enough and the health regen might not really be applicable to playing him. Also, he could just use the spell vamp to slap down a domain and then heal by farming minions. This would be 10 times better than the health regen. The main thing is, you shouldn't want to spend time in the domains when you are not actually in combat.
It's required to be channeled for .5s. thus people may interupt it. it also keeps it from being slapped down

i actually did change his fungle reach to a targeted from a skill shot already

his E is the one which gets a double boost, not R.

His R is more of a, lets push them into his territory so he can tele ahead of them. it takes 1s to cast, so it's not too eay to dodge. they'll see it, but they won't be able to do anything about it.

not lifesteal in domain, it's spell steal to sinergize with his AP damage.

your comment does raise the point, i should get rid of the health regen because the spell vamp does the job. he would have to buy early health regen, but that's the game

Akazonae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

http://********/yu15s

Mmk, here we go.

Interesting concept, at least. I'm gonna focus more on the ideas than the numbers for my feedback. Passive is essentially sunfire passive, cool.

Honestly, he seems extremely strong in the utility area. He'd be great for defending against split pushes, and able to keep presence in every lane. I would honestly just build him attack damage, CDR, and movement speed, then warp around being an absolutely ***** to everyone.

I would say he could easily become overpowered, but all in all is a nice idea and fairly unique.