[Gryphix] - The fire of Demacia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CanadianGuyEh

Recruiter

08-27-2012

Grif-fix

Lore: in the fields of Demacia, was a field the was lush and green, that could goas far as the eyes can see, not many knew of this place, except for one peaceful Galio. He sat watched the flowers blow in the wind, watching the dandylion seeds float past him. He felt a disturbance in the air and looked up, and saw what looked like a meteor crashing to the earth, he flew up and back and watched its descent. It smashed into the grassy field and made a fiery explosion. Galio was blind by this and was knocked back. When he came to he flew back up to the once beautiful field and saw a burnt wasteland. and in the middle of this waste land, was a fiery stone.

But it was not a stone, but an egg. He flew over and picked up this egg, and he felt life inside it, he put the egg down and watched from a distance as the egg began to crack and open up. To reveal a fiery gryphon, he watched in awe as he grew at a rapid rate, and would always staring at the sun.

Galio approached this creature, and using telepathy the creature talked to Galio, saying that his name was Gryphix. He also later learned that his father lived in the sun, and that his father was a phoenix, but his mother being a gryphon. Galio, had told queen Ashe of Gryphix and his power, Ashe asked if he would join the fields of justice and fight for Demacia. Gryphix said " I will fight for your proud nation, until my father awakens from his slumber." Now, he fights on the fields of justice.

" Gryphix's aura simply can burn into your soul, he is not of this world, thats why we need him. - Ashe - The frost Archer

type: Melee carry

Abilities

Passive: The Sun's Fury: Once Gryphix's health goes below 30%, each 1% of health missing afterwards is transferred to AD temporally until health is regained past 30%.

Q Ability: Mana burn: Gryphix opens his wings and begins a channel ability, he begins to burn all Champions nearby with their own Mana, the more mana they have, the more damage this does. This absorbs their mana and converts 10% of the mana burned to health.

W Ability: Wings of Flame: Passive a aura of flame is around Gryphix, absorbing some range damage and dealing light damage to who ever hits him (melee)
Active Gryphix explodes the fire from around him and deals damage to units around him, but must wait 30 seconds for Wings of flame to come back

E Ability: Feather of Flame: When Activated, Gryphix covers himself with his Wings, and waits 7 seconds for the feather from the sun to fall on him, after 7 seconds all cooldowns (except for ultimate) are reset again, HOWEVER, if he is hit while waiing for the 7 seconds, all colldowns (including ultimate) restart.

Ultimate The Sun's awakening: Gryphix channels for 5 seconds and flies straight up, he flies through the sun and comes flying back down to battle, he can land ( idk about ranges but the range would be from mid lane to top lane, like pantheons Ultimate) and crashs into the ground, 50% of his health is taken off instantly but deals MASSIVE damage to all units around him, he also has burning claws for 30 seconds, but each time he casts a spell in that 30 seconds, its decreased by 5 seconds.

Tips:
Gryphix is a great carry, but use his E in a bush and to use it carefully, his ultimate is a great initiator to ganks but requires just the right timing. His passive is great for close battles and can be the tide turner in battle. If your ult is done wrong, then alot of your health will be compromised and you will more then likely die.

Phrases

Champion select: In the name of my father, I will defeat my enemies.

Joke: I remember being in my egg when my parents met again, for some reason i heard a chant saying " Jerry Jerry Jerry" hmmm odd....

Taunt: have a burning sensation? let me make it worse.

Dance: jumps on hind legs and starts pelvic thrusting while flapping his wings, reminding us of " Im sexy and I know it"

Laugh: A deep laugh with a slight screech of a eagle in the background

Walking quotes

" For my father, I go"
" With the power of Fire"
" As you wish summoner"
" I will burn those in my path"

Attacking quotes

" You mangy Cur!"
" Feel the might of fire!'
" Fire..... my favorite word"

sooooo any tips? do you like? lol tell me what i should do or weather you like him or not, my photo shop skills are not the best but it gets the point across

Thanks!

kanacho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Feather of flame #1 is OP as ****. The number doesn't make sense TBH. You should make it give him like armor/magic resist or damage or something over the time it activates, and when he gets hit the DURATION extends. It should also remove CD on all of his abilities = to how long it lasts. for example. If it lasts 4 seconds, and I cast it, then I gain damage, and i get hit during the spell 4 times maxing out the duration to 8 seconds. When it expires, it remove 8 seconds off the CD from all my abilities including feather of flame. I think that would be a lot better TBH

kanacho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Your abilities do not seem to scale with level either... Keep in mind that on a standard champion, each ability goes up to level 5, and your ult goes up to level 3. You need to put real numbers as well as different values at each level. Here's an example of a good thorough champ concept. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2515059

kanacho

08-27-2012

His ultimate also needs reworking, currently it doesn't make sense TBH. Change it a bit. Sacrificing HP to ult seems like a cool idea, but the damage should scale off of how much HP it ends up taking from him. Also the burning claws thing seems like you just through something in there for the **** of it. If your ult applied feather of flame instead of that random claw ****, it would be better. Your W i currently not a reliable damage source, considering the CD is 30s at all levels apparently. Try making it a lower CD and adding real damage values to it.

Your passive is nice ATM, but needs a real damage value, and your Q needs real numbers. I can't tell if his Q is OP or not, but what about those champions without mana, or those with energy/fury, or some other utility resource? Does it work on them too? It needs a lot of tweaking but you got a good concept here. It's a diamond in the rough

If you have any questions feel free to post on my threat here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2515059 I can help you round out the champion and make it awesome!