[Champion Concept] Nazarak, The Fungus Lord (UNIQUE MECHANIC EVERYONE WILL LOVE)

1234511 ... 38
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sloth the Sin

06-29-2011

Riot post please

Nazarak uses the unique mechanic of Domains (Infectious Domain). Additionally, His W uses a unique mechanic.

Nazarak is a domain dominance champion. Nazarak is a tanky melee mage, and his abilities scale off of AP.

Note* Infectious Domains Have a Max Number.

Thumbs up and leave a comment if you like it in order to try to grab attention. Any review is appreciated provided that you post logical reasons. Please tell me if there is anything missing or unclear. If you leave a review and link your character at the bottom, I will review it.

There are responses i have posted titled "announcement." These show all of the changed I have done to Nazarak since creation.

Concept Art
Attachment 227212

Name: Nazarak

Title: The Fungus Lord

Lore

Quote:
Across the worlds exist many strange beings. Some live in barren worlds nearly devoid of life; others in dense jungles teeming with exotic oddities. There are even a few which live among worlds rich with the essences of the elements. It is from this latter that Nazarak heralds, and few may be called stranger than this fungus elemental. However, where Anivia heralds from a place of guardianship and nurturing, Nazarak knows only conflict and conquest.

Born on a world of warring elements and instability, it was natural that one who feeds on death would eventually rise to power. And, in the chaos and destruction wrought from the wars of his brethren, Nazarak did just that. Now, the time has long past when all other elementals were banished from Nazarak's home world, leaving only his rot to reign supreme. However, with his summoning to The League, Nazarak once again sees an opportunity for conquest. Thus, he sets his sights on Runeterra and joins The League.

Nazorak is a large champion, towering over all save Cho'gath when chance pits them against one another. However it isn't his height which sets him apart, but his grotesque body. Being completely made from different types of mold, Nazarak acts as a grisly collage of green, black, and brown and brown growths. Hunching over, billowing an ever present cloud of spore, and leaving a carpet of mold do nothing to improve his appeal. Despite this, Summoners still seek out the noxious colossus in the pursuit of glory on the fields of justice.
Playing as Nazarak
Quote:
-Level W first, then Q.
-Buy mana items early.
-Use spells sparingly early game.
-Don't be afraid of leaving Infectious Domain
-Use Infectious Domain's speed boost for both chasing and retreating.
Playing against Nazarak
Quote:
-Be aggressive towards Nazarak early.
-Try to push Nazarak out of his Infectious Domain.
-Buy an oracle. Infectious Domains cost a lot of mana and can be destroyed.
-Do not enter his Infectious Domain alone.
-Do not walk on Infectious Domain in the jungle in order to avoid being seen.
Quotes:
Quote:
Upon selection - They shall feed my domain.

Moving/Attacking - I am infection.
Decay awaits them.
Creeping forward.
Spawning misery in my wake.
Ah, the smell of decay.
Your world shall be mine.

Taunt - Creates a giant mushroom to sit under.

Joke - There's a fungus among us.
Base Stats (level 0)(this means that they will start with one stack of per level gain)
Quote:
Health - 420 + 102 per level (2256 lvl 18)
Health Regen per 5s - 1.1 + .17 per level (4.16 lvl 18)
Mana - 207 + 45 per level (1017 lvl 18)
Mana Regen per 5s - 1.28 + .11 per level (3.32 lvl 18)
Damage - 55.3 + 3.2 per level (112.9 lvl 18)
Attack Speed - .589 + 1% per level (.695 lvl 18)
Armor - 14.5 + 3.5 per level (77.5 lvl 18)
Magic Resistance - 30 + 0 per level (30 lvl 18)
Movement Speed - 300
Range - 125

Source: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...ion_statistics
Simple Ability Summary
Quote:
Passive
Quote:
Outside of Infectious Domain - A scaling Sunfire cape

Within Infectious Domain - A scaling sunfire cape affecting all enemies within the same Infectious Domain as Nazarak.

Explaination - This is meant to be used to punish people who enter Infectious Domain. It's also an unstopable laning tool for getting last hits; so long as Nazarak is within Infectious Domain and Infectious Domain is along the way of minion pathing. However, Nazarak will have a very tough time taking towers. All the enemy needs to do is zip in and Nazarak's passive will damage them, aggroing the tower.
Q
Quote:
A slightly smaller Contaminate (Trundle) which lasts 4 minutes and has a maximum cap of 3. Grants vision of the affected area.

Explaination - Promotes zoning while simultaniously detering chasing. Gives Nazarak lane sustainability. Incapable of competing with Teemo's mushrooms becausl A) they have a very limited nimber. B) they don't last nearly as long. C) Nazarak would have to waste time running around placing them when he should be concentrating on his CS. Maximum potential Teemo Mushrooms on the field at one time, 37 (Duration 10 min). Maximum Nazarak Infectious Domains on the field, 3 (Duration 4 min). Please note that enemies may see Infectious Domains field of vision without invisibility detection.
W
Outside of Infectious Domain - an easy to break pull. Channeled over 1.5 seconds.

Within Infectious Domain - An hard to break pull. Channeled over 1.5 seconds.

Explaination - Outside of Infectious Domain. It has a low initial casting range (400) which is about double melee range. Outside of Infectious Domain, you would have to keep the enemy within Caitlyn's auto attack range for 1.5 s, requiring you to chase them should the enemy choose to run. All in all, it would come out to equal a reverse flash with a low landing rate. If Nazarak stood still while channeling at full range, an enemy with no boots would break it in less than a second.

Within infectious Domain - If Nazarak remains still, an enemy with 400 speed would still be able to break it if cast at full range. Flash or
Ghost would easily still break it. If Nazarak walks off of Infectious Domain, the range would instantly go back to normal, probably breaking the spell instantly. If an enemy is within Infectious Domain when this spell is cast, the chances of escaping without blinking or using a speeding spell are extremely low.
E
Quote:
With Target Outside of Infectious Domain - a simple aoe nuke

With Target Within Infectious Domain - a simple aoe nuke which slows.

Explaination - Target is Outside of Infectious Domain - basic damage. Keeps the player doing something (there's only a 2 s window when you can't keep this active). The majority of Nazarak's Damage comes from this.

Target is Within Infectious Domain - Helps keep enemies within Infectious Domain should W land. Might be neccessary to actually land W. Basic Damage.
R
A temporary mobile Infectious Domain at the cost of all of his current Infectious Domains.

Explaination - allows Nazarak to use enhanced abilities for a short duration.
Abilities
Quote:
Attachment 254524Passive: Deadly Spores
Quote:
Nazarak constantly produces a poisonous aura of spores which does a small amount of magic damage per second to enemies in the immediate area surrounding Nazarak. When Nazarak enters an Infectious Domain, the entire Infectious Domain begins eminating a spore cloud. This ability lasts 1 second and cannot stack with itself. (Poison) (Stacks with Infect) (Does not trigger spell vamp)

Outside of Infectious Domain
10/15/20 Magic damage per second

Range - 330

Within Infectious Domain
10/15/20 Magic damage per second

Range - Entire Infectious Domain
Attachment 254491Q: Infectious Domain
Quote:
Nazarak contaminates the ground, creating an Infectious Domain which radiates from Nazarak's current position starting at 200 range and increasing by 40 per second until max range is reached. While Nazarak is within Infectious Domain he recieves passive health regeneration and increased movement speed. Nazaraks is also granted vision of the infected area which does not see into bushes or detect stealth. The oldest infectious domain is removed upon exceding the max number.

Infectious Domain has a invisible Fungal node at it's center which is destructable. It has 4 hp and takes 1 damage per auto attack. It is immune to spells and abilities. It will regenerate after 5 seconds without taking damage. Minions may not target Infectious Domain.
Stats
Time Limit - 5 minutes

Nazarak is healed for .45% health per second while within Infectious Domain after 5 seconds without taking damage.

Nazarak receive a 10/12/14/16/18% speed increase (lasts 1 second after leaving Infectious Domain)

Maximum Radius - 300/375/450/525/600

Maximum amount of Infectious Domains - 1/1/2/2/3

Mana cost - 80/95/110/125/140

Cool down time - 20 seconds
Attachment 254512W: Fungal Reach
Quote:
Nazarak flings a mass of mold at targeted enemy which tethers Nazarak to the enemy. After 1.5 second, the targeted enemy is then pulled back to Nazarak, dealing magic damage in the process. Both the targeted enemy and Nazarak may move while tethered. The tether may be broken due to distance. The tether's range is increased while nazarak is within Infectious Domain.

Stats
Damage - 50/100/150/200/250 + .6 AP magic damage

Mana cost - 100/100/100/100/100

Cool down time - 20/19/18/17/16 seconds

Range - 400

Breaking range - 650

Breaking range within Infectious Domain - 950

Duration - 1.5 seconds
Attachment 254526E: Infect
Quote:
Nazarak flings a cloud of spores at a target location which bursts upon impact. Affected targets are dealt magic damage over 5 seconds. Affected targets are slowed while within Infectious Domain. (Poison) (Stacks with deadly spores)

Stats
Damage - 50/100/150/200/250 + .7 AP magic damage over 5 seconds.

Range - 650

Radius - 250

Mana cost - 50/60/70/80/90

Duration - 5 seconds

Cool down time - 10 seconds

Slow amount - 20/25/30/35/40%
Attachment 254535R: Lord of the Land
Quote:
Active: Nazarak is truly one with his domain, being able devour all of his Infectious Domains to enhance himself in a magical explosion. Nazarak temporarily acts as his own Infectious Domain, receiving all buffs, additional affects, and additional damages which he would receive while within an Infectious Domain. All spells act as if both he and the affected target were within an Infectious Domain. Deadly Spore's range is equal to that of a max size Infectious Domain. For the duration of Lord of the Land, Infectious Domain's passive healing does not require that he be out of combat for 5 seconds.

Stats
Cast Time - Instant

Damage Radius - Max radius of the current level of Infectious Domain.

Duration - 12 seconds

Cool Down time - 180/150/120 seconds

Mana cost - 80/100/120

Magic damage - 150/225/300 +.45 AP
Items
Quote:
Core Items
Starting Items - Sapphire Crystal + 2 Health Potions

Mid Game Items - Manamune + Berserker's Greaves + Sunfire Cape

Late Game - Hextech Gunblade

Situational Dependant Items
Mid Game Items - You might trade Berserker's Greaves for Mercury's Treads depending the enemy team's cc. Sunfire Cape may be
traded for Frozen Mallet.

Late Game - After Hextech Gunblade, you might consider building any item previously stated but not built already. (the optional mid game items or the unused core game items.) Also consider Guinsoo's Rageblade, 's Impaler, and/or Malady.
Masteries
Quote:
9/21/0
Runes
Quote:
Flat Magic Pen Marks
Flat Armor Seals
Flat Magic Resistance Glyphs
Flat Mana Regeneration Quintessences
Spell Build
Quote:
W,Q,E,Q,Q,R,E,E,E,E,R,Q,Q,W,W,R,W,W
Notes
Quote:
Passive:
-Particle effects do not show on Infectious Domain if Nazarak is hidden in grass within an Infectious Domain unless he is revealed.

Q:
-This is a patch of infected ground, not a mushroom patch.

- Functions simularly to wards except that you are able to see the view range. If you spot one, you may simply walk around without being sighted.

-To clarify, Infectious Domain is not hidden by bushes. (check out the Broodmother page at the top. She had 8 max, but she was still underpowered

-Infectious Domains which are already in effect when the maximum radius is increased will increase their radius at the rate of 40 per second until they once again reach maximum size.

W:
-The tether changes colors depending on how close to breaking it is.

-This spell is not a skill shot.

-If Nazarak uses flash, Fungal Reach is automatically broken.

I am not the artist of any of these pictures.

Hakleon

06-29-2011

I think these abilities sound solid, but could benefit from some more specific numbers as to range, radius, cooldown, duration, etc. Especially the infectious domain. How large is it? how long does it stay there? How far away can you cast it?

If the ultimate allows you to teleport to a new infectious domain, there's a sort of nydus-canal feel to it. The trick is that, in Starcraft, there were the obvious defensive uses for such a transportation network, but you could also sneakily hide an exit point somewhere where you could use the transportation offensively as well. Because of the way LoL is organized though, and because only Nazarak will ever be going through these things, doesn't that make the use of his ultimate very limited? He can basically use it to comfortably farm the enemy jungle, or use it to chase if he's lucky enough to have a pool waiting in just the right spot up ahead.

It would be cool if he could find a way to put an infectious domain somewhere up ahead without him himself going there first. The [Q] skill has to have a modest range, right? Like 500? Certainly not over 1500. So he can't really use his ultimate to go anywhere he hasn't walked to recently, right? What if he could get others to spread his infectious domain? It could be interesting!

Anyway, just my 2 cents, feel free to head over to http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=901912 and give your two cents about my champion.

Veratheral

06-30-2011

I feel as if this character is Nasus + Trundle. also, the ability to have more than one domain seems a tad OP. do the domains ever expire? work on duration numbers and CD's and this might not be an issue. however, instead of the E (you already have AoE type skills with your Q and passive alone) I'd say implement something to amplify the poison effects. but that's my two cents

in response to your comment on al'Bahnith, what is complicated? is it simply the fact that I wrote in scratchpad free hand? I'm not sure I understand the issue.

valahalla

06-30-2011

Looking good Sloth the Sin btw I took your balance suggestions in and changed some of it. i would be happy for more suggestions at: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...3#post10706523

Sloth the Sin

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veratheral View Post
I feel as if this character is Nasus + Trundle. also, the ability to have more than one domain seems a tad OP. do the domains ever expire? work on duration numbers and CD's and this might not be an issue. however, instead of the E (you already have AoE type skills with your Q and passive alone) I'd say implement something to amplify the poison effects. but that's my two cents

in response to your comment on al'Bahnith, what is complicated? is it simply the fact that I wrote in scratchpad free hand? I'm not sure I understand the issue.
the Q doesn't actually do damage.

The domains function simular to hiemerdinger's turrets in that they have a limited number and get rid of the oldes one when more than the limit is placed.

MaximumJiuzz

06-30-2011

Do domains give vision if you are not near them?, allot of vision or small. Can enemies effect the domains destroy them or something. Cool idea I like it. I have a small suggestion not saying you should use it or anything up to you but upon first placing the domain I think it should start small and begin to grow larger. For example: starts at 200 radius and will grow to the full size over a duration.

But anyway cool idea. If anything you should ask off a riot employee if they decide to use your idea for a champ, you should ask them if they can make it free to play for you :P

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...dary+fisherman Here is my champ suggestion if you want to see it.

Sloth the Sin

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumJiuzz View Post
Do domains give vision if you are not near them?, allot of vision or small. Can enemies effect the domains destroy them or something. Cool idea I like it. I have a small suggestion not saying you should use it or anything up to you but upon first placing the domain I think it should start small and begin to grow larger. For example: starts at 200 radius and will grow to the full size over a duration.

But anyway cool idea. If anything you should ask off a riot employee if they decide to use your idea for a champ, you should ask them if they can make it free to play for you :P
that is a very cool idea on the growth over time. i might try to incorperate it into the design.

Kadzin

06-30-2011

Very cool idea, he seems similar to Broodmother from dota in terms of area denial, seems fairly balanced too. A couple of questions though.
When he teleports to an infectios area via R, does he teleport anywhere on it or right in the center of it, does it have a visual effect like summoner spell teleport?
Also a suggestion for fungal reach.The skill seems too similar to blitz's grab. I would suggest lowering the range of pull but making it a targetable spell, instead of stun make it a snare and instead of granting extra damage on the domain make it increase the cast range instead, this way it will be like a reverse Maokai's Twisted Advance, won't be a carbon copy of blit's grab and still server it's purpose as a way of getting people into the domain.

Hope this helps, also check out one of my suggestions if you got time
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=906290

Sloth the Sin

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadzin View Post
Very cool idea, he seems similar to Broodmother from dota in terms of area denial, seems fairly balanced too. A couple of questions though.
When he teleports to an infectios area via R, does he teleport anywhere on it or right in the center of it, does it have a visual effect like summoner spell teleport?
Also a suggestion for fungal reach.The skill seems too similar to blitz's grab. I would suggest lowering the range of pull but making it a targetable spell, instead of stun make it a snare and instead of granting extra damage on the domain make it increase the cast range instead, this way it will be like a reverse Maokai's Twisted Advance, won't be a carbon copy of blit's grab and still server it's purpose as a way of getting people into the domain.

Hope this helps, also check out one of my suggestions if you got time
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=906290
yes, i was inspired by the brood mother's web for the base idea. but lol is trying to be different from dota, so i'm not wanting to shout it to the heavens (omg squee, i loved brood mother so freaking much that it hurt.) it is at the moment smaller than blitz's in an effort to try not to squeeze onto blitz's turf, but i can't think of any fungus themed grabs. however, i do feel like this would have to be a skill shot. it would be op if i could click a enemy, pull him into my own personal god zone, and root him, then slow him, and all the while wail on him like there's no tommarow. a skill shot adds enough dificulty that he is still a challenge.

however, if you have any ideas on a skill shot that can pull him into the territory i would greatly appreciate it. i'm definately switching it to a root instead of a stun.

Kadzin

07-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth the Sin View Post
yes, i was inspired by the brood mother's web for the base idea. but lol is trying to be different from dota, so i'm not wanting to shout it to the heavens (omg squee, i loved brood mother so freaking much that it hurt.) it is at the moment smaller than blitz's in an effort to try not to squeeze onto blitz's turf, but i can't think of any fungus themed grabs. however, i do feel like this would have to be a skill shot. it would be op if i could click a enemy, pull him into my own personal god zone, and root him, then slow him, and all the while wail on him like there's no tommarow. a skill shot adds enough dificulty that he is still a challenge.

however, if you have any ideas on a skill shot that can pull him into the territory i would greatly appreciate it. i'm definately switching it to a root instead of a stun.
As a blitzcrank player I find this funny because i can pull someone from further range, stun him, knock him up and silence him all while doing rediculous damage, just pray that it wasn't near a tower. Blitz is not a tank thus it's not a skillshot, your champion, howver, is so I think he needs a reliable disable and in this case a pull, enemies are rooted, they are not disabled, they can still autoattack and cast spells. One thing is for a champ to be a challenge, another is for the mechanics to be tedious and gimicky. It's part of the reason why you don't see too many blitzcranks and even less good blitzcranks, because people fail at using skillshots.

1234511 ... 38