Fiddlesticks Upcoming Nerf

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxMindedGuy

04-10-2010

Upon talking to Phreak on his lifestream... He said Fiddlesticks darkwind projectile speed will be increased so that the total silence duration shouldn't last as long.

This is a nerf as darkwind total potential silence will be significantly reduced, but its a buff as now fiddlesticks (never seen before) will have burst damage...

What do you guys think? Does the burst outweigh the silence duration and is it a buff? Or is it another way around and is it a nerf?

omnibus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-10-2010

what do I think?

Hes still overpowered as ****.

durpado

04-10-2010

His darkwind should only silence the original person it was cast on. His AoE and CC abilities are insane.

Angush

04-10-2010

They should start balancing old heroes,not from which are good in good hands...

RoflTroll

04-10-2010

It would be a decent nerf if his Fear have a projectile, kinda like Sion's Gaze.

That way people can possibly react to it, instead of just feared right away.

iNsAyNe

04-10-2010

That's all they're gonna do? Sounds GREAT TO ME!

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

04-10-2010

I like it!

IMO he isnt so powerful that he really needs a full fledged nerf. Something small like this should go alot farther in balancing than actually reducing the bounces or silence time or weakening his ult or drain. Fiddle is exactly where a caster should be. Able to hang, but squishy enough to get dropped quickly if focused.

omnibus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFatNuts View Post
I like it!

IMO he isnt so powerful that he really needs a full fledged nerf. Something small like this should go alot farther in balancing than actually reducing the bounces or silence time or weakening his ult or drain. Fiddle is exactly where a caster should be. Able to hang, but squishy enough to get dropped quickly if focused.
Hi, im fiddlesticks. whats focus? people hate it when I silence their whole team and fear their carry. why do they hate it so much?

they hate my ult too, but I can only kill 4 people at a time. Its too hard to get the last guy he always gets away...

Ad Victoriam

04-10-2010

IMO, Dark Wind is the only OP thing about Fiddlesticks.

His drain and fear have very short ranges, and his drain and ultimate both require uninterrupted channeling to cast.

This change to Dark Wind won't really fix the problem with it, though. In my opinion, the main issue is that when cast in a small group (2-5) of enemies, especially champions, the bounce speed doesn't matter. It's the duration of the silence that makes it overpowered.

The old style of Dark Wind had a short silence (.75 seconds i believe) per bounce, that stacked on hit, meaning that while 2 champions could get hit really hard by dark wind, it was less effective in a group.

I suggest that in addition to increasing the bounce speed, Riot also alters the silence mechanic to be 0.75 seconds per bounce, stacking with each additional bounce, MAXING AT 3 SECONDS (this is the big difference, since otherwise with 11 bounces between 2 champs it would max at 4.5s). This would also require Fiddlesticks players to use dark wind a bit smarter overall, and would make the silence duration actually scale with level, while still being a good spell overall.

Bladee

04-10-2010

you will still be silenced for at least 3 seconds though (if it bounces)

1234511 ... 13